We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flatsled/Headriding Contest [ended, poll up]

+11
Devray
chaomocha
King D
Ktk
Hedgehogs4Me
Z_N-Freak
Inukaza
Kohuda
MrEmulation
baconat0r
rabid squirrel
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Flatsled/Headriding Contest [ended, poll up] Empty Flatsled/Headriding Contest [ended, poll up]

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:55 pm

VOTE IN THE POLL HERE: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/contests-and-battles-f17/flatsled-headriding-battle-poll-t1138.htm#16753

I think this is a good idea Hehe

Objective: Make the best track you can while ONLY flatsledding and/or headriding.

For this contest, some definitions:
Definition of Flatsledding - there have to be lines touching both the bottom of the nose of the sled and the back lower sled peg (EDIT: or bottom peg and spidey for fakies)
Definition of Headriding - a line has to be touching his head/shoulder

Specific Rules/Guidelines:
  • "Touching" does not mean gravity, it means traditional lines, black side facing Bosh, and they have to be pushing against him.
  • The definitions will not be strictly enforced, and a few frames of something else will be fine, as long as it is NOT a trick. (e.g. one frame of a gravity well is not allowed Rolling Eyes)
  • While he is flatsledding/headriding, other lines can affect him, as long as he continues to flatsled or headride. This means that Granuals/Flanuals ARE allowed, as long as he is flatsledding or headriding while he is doing one. (lol contradictory, but whatever)
  • EDIT: Basic Rule Clarification: If he's pushing normally against a line on his shoulder/head or in flatsled, you can do whatever you want, including pinches/gravity/etc, but only WHILE he is touching a line in one of these two ways.
  • Stalls where he is not headriding or flatsledding are not permitted (by the definitions above)
  • Lines or anti gravity wells tipping him are allowed (even if it hits his nose or tail) as long as there is no gravity involved. EDIT: Tipping him is not allowed, after a convo with hedge.
  • EDIT: fakies are allowed, the sled has to touch at bottom peg & spidey contact point.
  • EDIT: also, anything touching his shoulder = headriding, as long as it's not a gravity well and pressure is being applied.
  • EDIT: Quirky curves are ok, to a point. Just make sure he generally collides with the line, not like he goes past and is jerked by it (like a well)

• Red lines are allowed
  • The movie must be created only by you (no collabs)
  • No scenery is allowed
Ask if you have any more questions!

How to Enter: Just make a track, record it and make a video. Then PM IT TO ME to enter.
+ DO NOT POST .SOLS OR VIDEOS until entries are closed. (This means not releasing them anywhere) However, please tell me if you're working on a track so I know how many entries there will be. (This is so that people don't say "oh man, that track's incredible, I can't beat it so I'm not entering")

Time Open: Until Monday, September 6th (final)

Prizes: Probably some award points.

The best video will be determined by a public poll.

Have fun! 8D

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:52 am; edited 15 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Flatsled/Headriding Contest [ended, poll up] Empty Re: Flatsled/Headriding Contest [ended, poll up]

Post by baconat0r Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:57 pm

Sure sounds fun to go back to bacics. Can Scenery be allowed?

baconat0r

Back to top Go down

Flatsled/Headriding Contest [ended, poll up] Empty Re: Flatsled/Headriding Contest [ended, poll up]

Post by MrEmulation Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:02 pm

baconat0r wrote:Sure sounds fun to go back to bacics. Can Scenery be allowed?

no scenery.

I guess i will join, Idk, it would be hard to judge imo since theres no tricks.
MrEmulation
MrEmulation

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm

^ who said anything about no tricks? You can do plenty of tricks.

And who said anything about judging? It's gonna be a public poll.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Would be difficult...

Awesome.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:42 am

^ wouldn't be too hard to make an entry, but to make a GOOD entry would be very hard.

OH I FORGOT. No releasing tracks until entries are closed (but tell me you've made a track) *edits*
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:54 am

inu does not approve. :|

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by baconat0r Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:05 pm

scenery should be allowed to up the entertainment factor. Not a requirement, just an option.

baconat0r

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:31 pm

I approve. I started three tracks now of which one tonight, but I'm not liking any of it. It's all so the same as what I've made already. I wanna do this, sounds fun.

I got one question though:
"Lines or anti gravity wells tipping him are allowed (even if it hits his nose or tail) as long as there is no gravity involved"

That stuff is more contradictory then the stuff you say is contradictory, as the whole engine of Line Rider involves gravity, so how can you not use it. I'm not really understanding this rule. Or do you just mean Gravity Wells are not allowed? (because you already said so in another rule, so this confuses me)
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:55 pm

^ sorry, I meant you can tip him but you can't use gravity wells :P (Like, you can't have him be tipped and then yanked by the line like a gravity well) It was kind of redundant.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 am

Wait, you can tip him? Then that's not all flatsled/headriding. IMO it should be no tipping, since you can rotate him quite a bit with both flatsledding and headriding, so you shouldn't even need to tip him.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:33 am

yeah, kinda agree with Hedge on that one, but iunno, I don't really care as long as I can use pinches. Those are not against the rule I think? (seeing that flanuals and head granuals are allowed)

edit: And are fakies allowed?
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:29 am

^ Looks like you can't touch a line while in fakie, since you can't do either of those exact definitions of flatsledding or headriding while in fakie. I'll talk to rabid about adjusting the rules to allow them.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:51 pm

After a hedge MSN convo:

Definition of Flatsledding - there have to be lines touching both the bottom of the nose of the sled and the back lower sled peg (EDIT: or bottom peg and spidey for fakies)
[*]Lines or anti gravity wells tipping him are allowed (even if it hits his nose or tail) as long as there is no gravity involved. EDIT: Tipping him is not allowed, after a convo with hedge.
[*]EDIT: fakies are allowed
[*]EDIT: also, anything touching his shoulder = headriding, as long as it's not gravity and pressure is being applied.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:15 pm

back to bacics

Back to Basics 3 bishes. 8D

Fun contest, will enter for lols.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Ok, I now got him in midair going up, fast, and I wanted to try and get him into one of those one lined "pinches" that work in a curve. Instead I got him hitting his shoulder and tail (second peg) against the line and he makes some quite fast flips after this collision. Does this count as "tipping" or is this a mid-air collision, something different? It's a pretty neat looking "trick" and it's defenitly not a gravity well. I can give you the .sol rabid, if you want to check it out.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:57 pm

his shoulder touches the line? then it's fine. (unless when you say "he makes fast flips" you mean that you're tipping him many times :P) As long as a tip touches his shoulder/head it can count as headriding. (but it has to just be a tip, you can't have a back grind where he bangs his head on the ground once :P)

Also, hedge asked if a shoulder well was legal, and I said "NO U IDIOT Stern but Fair" (jk)

If you have any more questions, ask Smile

So ZNF and Ktk are entering - anyone else so far?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:35 pm

yeah, his shoulder touches the line for one frame, after the collision he gets some turning speed and I catch him in a curve (flatriding).
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by King D Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:12 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:So ZNF and Ktk are entering - anyone else so far?
I'm entering a really crappy track I whipped up.
King D
King D

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:19 pm

ok cool xD

oh right, I'll +rep anyone who enters Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:31 pm

looks cool, i think ill do it, not to win really but just to enter my first contest with an easy one.

now my question is with the second rule. so basically bosh could be falling in a spin, i dont have to catch him perfectly in a flat sled, i cud catch his tail first, as long as he goes rite into flatsled?

and ima enter
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:32 pm

awesome!

and yes, but he can't do ANY balancing. And it can't be, like, a peg bounce. Just stick with only flatsledding but don't worry about it being "perfect"
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:54 pm

*bump*

I think I'll make the 29th the deadline. Feel free to enter if you haven't started yet, you have a whole week!

For those entering: I'll need you to send me a .sol or video file via PM before the contest ends. I'll PM everyone a couple days before it ends to get them from people. After the 29thyou can upload them and whatever.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Are pinches allowed?

They're like headriding and flatriding at the same time! 8D
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Devray Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:02 pm

*is joining*

Most likely, I just wish a few quirks would be allowed. But its fine. xD

I need something like this to get me starting line rider again, i havent played for a few weeks.
Devray
Devray

https://www.youtube.com/devrayy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next