We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf's Reality - Inukaza

+7
Opal Rider
Fauxfyre
Cereal
rabid squirrel
[senpai] kevans
OTDE
Inukaza
11 posters

Go down

Wolf's Reality - Inukaza Empty Wolf's Reality - Inukaza

Post by Inukaza Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:06 pm

This is dual-functioning Anni and TOC4 track. I think this is kind of funny, actually given the grounds for this track. I published my first Linerider track on Aug. 1, 2007. I was active on the now-gone Linerider.org for a year before that. That puts me entering the the community over my 5th grade summer. Now, I'm starting college next week. (Which explains the early publishing for this track, with the moving out and all.). Everyone in the community has been particularly nice to me. You shouldn't expect many tracks at all for the rest of the year. I would give a conservative estimate of two tracks or less. I'd like to name the people whose honestly been my absolute best friends on the sites: HockeyDude, Linedpie90, Batistick13, Stillercity, Bubbles, Commandercoke, CamQuartr, and TheColdRider.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Wolf's Reality - Inukaza Empty Re: Wolf's Reality - Inukaza

Post by OTDE Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:11 pm

You're crazy. That was crazy. I'm crazy. This is crazy. Here's my number.

No, I keed, but you really know how to make an interesting, funtowatch track. Kudos.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Well here yo go Inu, a proper review. Please be aware that this is how I saw it, and may differ from how you made it.

Throughout the entire track there was moments of smoothness, and roughness. Each "rough" part felt as though it was rushed, making the track feel rushed. It may not of been rushed, and you might of taken your time, but it felt rushed to me.

To be more specific, the manuals were semi smooth, and the quirks felt like you had nothing better to do. Every time it went into a quirk, it would seem to me like you were saying toy yourself "gotta get out of this space, just gotta get out as fast as I can". Sometime there will be a sudden transition of direction which felt too sudden. This made the roughness stand out a little bit more.

The manuals are semi smooth because it looks like you drew them in a direction bosh happens to be rotating. As in, he doesn't ride half of those manuals, it only looks like it.

Okay, enough negativity, lets look at some positive things.

Those recycles were pro, i really liked them, and was not expecting them. Those are the best kind IMO, the ones you don't expect. The flow was nice to (not to be confused with the roughness) with a frequent constant speed, up until 1:00. Now, that slow tail manual was nice, but the transition to it, bad. Back to the positive. I felt really relaxed watching it despite the roughness. I don't know if it was because of the music, or the fact that there was a constant speed (except for 1:00), but it made me relax so i could focus on it better.

Okay, so let's sum this up:

Track length: Little short, but it's okay
Defined skill: Pretty good
"Flow": Excellent
Transitions between each trick: not good, but not very bad either
Overall Track Presentation: Pretty decent.

Final score: 7.5-8/10
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:49 pm

All I can really say is that it kept me entertained the whole time and I really enjoyed it. Didn't feel quite as driven as my favorites of yours, but maybe that's just the music, it's hard to tell.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Didn't feel quite as driven as my favorites of yours, but maybe that's just the music, it's hard to tell.

^ Watching tracks muted helps to avoid any bias if it's a tough decision.

Loved the track, Inu. These are some of the best manuals I have seen from you, and the quirky bits mixed in are reminiscent of your old style. Thumbs Up

Definitely worthy of an anni/toc4 entry. (Could have been longer, though.)
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 am

I really liked the flow of your track and how it felt like you were in control of the whole track, rather than it just looking like the track was made to go in whichever direction he was going (another way to say it, you made it feel like he was moving where the track was being made rather than the track being made where he was moving, if that makes any sense xp). There were moments where it seemed like "I just need to get out of this space." I also liked your variety, and how you were able to make some things that are usually used on higher or lower speed tracks. The biggest thing I disliked is that after 0:52 the track felt really linear compared to the beginning which contained a lot of recycling. I liked the style near the beginning better, but overall, the whole track was terrific. Excellent anniversary track and good luck in TOC4!

(You can tell I liked it by how much I wrote)

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 am

It never ceases to amaze me how you can be working on Livestream halfway through a track, and taking a really long time just to get one thing right, and then somehow release the entire track but a week later. Sorta humorous, really, but you did do a good job. Very flowy, in a messy way, and the monument was really nice, and probably took forever to fill in.

I like.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:13 am

i like it, it's clear et very entertaining.
good flow and great skill, nice one bro
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:32 pm

yay tail manuals!

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cold Rider Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:22 pm

This is a really well done track, and how inpiring :o!
I really love the way you make him go slow for a little second then speed him up like nothing happend!
btw, gratz with your 5th anni!

The Cold Rider

https://www.youtube.com/TheColdRider

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:24 pm

The density and style of the track is good and the sync goes good with the flow as well. The editing was not to bad but overall that was a very nice track. Smile
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down