We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graduating in one week

+2
Opal Rider
[senpai] kevans
6 posters

Go down

Graduating in one week Empty Graduating in one week

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri May 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Gosh.... My life is coming by fast, and joining the navy with the pathetic body of mine... fun.

I have learned a lot while I've been active here. It has really knocked some common sense into me, taught me to have fun in life, and to just be plain nice if the person deserves it. I look back now and wonder what would my life be without line rider? Gish I really don't know. Another question I ask myself is what would I be doing to make an impression here if I hadn't even touched modifying Line Rider. I actually thought that it was just fine until Chuggs asked me to fix the flag, and some random requests came from everywhere, and here I am now. You (some) guys wanted a better version, and I tried my best.

Over the years, slowly, things began to blend. Line rider all looks the same to me. Everyone's style is the same as the guy next to him. You can show me two different tracks that I have no idea who's is whose, and I won't be able to tell you if they were made by two different people, or the same guy. This is why I'm such a strong supporter of hax/quirk physics and new line types, because it will separate members into more different groups. I wanted to see real variance, I wanted to see something new, something that showed that the fun of discovery was still there. That's what made line rider fun in the first place. That curiosity of wanting to know if bosh will crash or not, or will this look good, or if it was a powerful enough well. I predict that the future of Line rider (not including my lines) will just be a fast blur of frame by frame everything, discouraging new members. To be honest, I'm making this version not just for you guys who want it, but so new members can feel like they don't have to conform to all these damn standards.

I never actually had the time to make a serious track. My ADHD makes me a bit too much of a scatter brain, and I eventually lose focus on something, go somewhere else, and that's it. Rinse and Repeat. I never even tried to play as much as you guys, I wanted to play something else every now and then, and I favor those games a little better than LR. But I come here because the people here are the kind I can connect with, I even love the guys who hate me. I love any opinions towards me, good or bad. I always found peoples opinions towards me very fascinating, because I could never see those things for myself. That's why I frequently ask you guys if you like my modifications, because I'm doing it for you! And that's very painful to deal with. It's one thing to ignore all the idiots who piss you off in the first place, but actually trying to give a [censored] about each and every one, that takes balls.

I would name some people to thank, but I love all you guys here. The people I actually hate hang out at ELR, and thank god only ELR.

TL;DR, my life is coming, and around august I'm leaving.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Graduating in one week Empty Re: Graduating in one week

Post by Opal Rider Fri May 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Aww, don't say that. ELR helped improve your patience. Very Happy
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri May 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Your life is.... coming?

Anyways, LR has always been changing; from 2007-present. It's a gradual transition of styles that is visible when you view tracks from different years.

If your hax were to be "cannon" in LR contests/tournaments/history, if would ultimately end up being just as abusable as the standard LR versions (plus a lot easier). You may not realize it, but new tricks and maneuvers are still being discovered with 6.7. Despite 6.7 being a "hax" as well, it doesn't drastically change the game. It still takes the same amount of skill as 6.1/6.2, except there are some things such as the XY snap that make it more tolerable.

With experience comes the ability to differentiate aspects of tracks that make up particular styles.

P.S: Don't stop making new versions even if they're not "official", because they're pretty interesting. Wink
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Fri May 25, 2012 10:46 pm

I don't think you're so noble. While it's cool and all that you're making new revisions and such, my view is opposite of yours. I think that added new revisions will further divide our already dwindling community into more and more subgroups. Ie. Unbound kids; beta 2 kids; hax kids. It's already been seen with unbound. People who could be playing beta 2 choose unbound and end up forming their own community because it just doesn't fit. It's going to split the community, and we can't afford that if we want to stay alive.

Like I said though, it's cool that you're doing your own thing. I don't like it when you act arrogant and claim your version an official one and demand it combined with beta 2. It's not the same, it will ruin any system we have currently in place.

I don't like the change LR is going. It's still possible to use what we got with beta 2 to make creative tracks. If people are already resorting to having to add new tricks and physics, I'm amused and sadden.

Also; you almost made no mention of graduating.

I'm almost sorry for ranting.

Also, I highly dislike people using ADHD as an excuse to not finish something. It's easy to cope with ADHD using strategies, and I see it as a cop-out excuse. Yes, I also have it.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Sun May 27, 2012 8:50 pm

"Over the years, slowly, things began to blend. Line rider all looks the same to me. "

Now you know how I've felt for a year+ now. When I stopped posting in line rider threads/a least declined postin in them.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sun May 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Always going to remember that I got started on IRtLs! :]
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR