We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incognito

+10
Sssschiller
Cereal
Opal Rider
Orthuss
Votale
efrazable
Derpinator
rabid squirrel
Rafael
Helios Pavonine
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Incognito Empty Incognito

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:36 am

Hey there all,

As you might or might not have noticed, not much is going on (according to my signature). I deleted all my .sols to start over again in 2012. This means I quit on the Eden-series, the groovy and revolutionary (I overhyped it) Portal 2 AND Portal 3 and my upcoming track. I realized I force quirk too much in a way I can't have fun nor be creative. So that's that.

Another fun fact: I can't top Portal. I imagine it as a rainbow-coloured pony, soul-y and kind, while my other tracks (such as The Rude Awakening) are made of stone, harsh and grumpy. Why can't I add some more colour to it? Because I'm improving very fast. Improvement, to me, is a bad thing, because it eventually leads to (future) quirk. As you improve, you lose a bit of your own style. You're starting to make flings, evolving flings, g-rolls, alt. flings, etc. etc., and working your way up to the standard. You focus too much on the tricks and forget why you've started playing LR. Because it was fun. NOT because you wanted to be as good as the other guys and make the best LR track evarr.

I want to find myself. My own style. (deep message incoming) I want to explore the depths of the Overworld and forget about the times in the Eden. The Eden was just a dream for me. Impressing yet depressing. So now, I'm going ''incognito'', until I've made a track that meets or is even better than Portal. Not skill-, trick- or power-wise, but fun-wise.

- Helios
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Incognito Empty Re: Incognito

Post by Rafael Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:21 am

At least show what you've made. And I'm going to be honest with you, Portal was your first "decent" track. It's not a masterpiece or anything. My point is that you can easily make a track better than Portal and you shouldn't make such a big deal out of having to "beat" your track.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:26 am

Rafael wrote:...
At least show what you've made. And I'm going to be honest with you, Portal was your first "decent" track. It's not a masterpiece or anything. My point is that you can easily make a track better than Portal and you shouldn't make such a big deal out of having to "beat" your track.
this
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:29 am

I don't feel like I have to beat my track. I just want to have fun again.

And how can I show what I've made when I don't have the .sols anymore? :|
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:41 am

uhm, can i hear a good reason for deleting .sols?
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:I don't feel like I have to beat my track. I just want to have fun again.

And how can I show what I've made when I don't have the .sols anymore? Incognito 581354
get them out of teh trash.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:37 pm

I also deleted them out of the trashcan.

What's the [censored] point of showing something I don't like?
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:40 pm

^ You're being egoistic and ignorant.
1. We may like it, what you made actually looked good.
2. If you show us what you made we can tell you what to improve on, and I think that's exactly what you want to do, right? We can see your flaws better than yourself, even though you might not think that.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Rafael wrote:^ You're being egoistic and ignorant.
1. We may like it, what you made actually looked good.
2. If you show us what you made we can tell you what to improve on, and I think that's exactly what you want to do, right? We can see your flaws better than yourself, even though you might not think that.

1. I don't care whether people like it or not or think it looks good. I play LR for my own fun, not others.
2. There are no flaws in a track if you like it yourself. See 1.

I can clearly see you don't get why I don't want to improve.

Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Fine. here we go.
Helios Pavonine wrote:I quit on the Eden-series, the groovy and revolutionary Portal 2 AND Portal 3 and my upcoming track.
egotistical
Helios Pavonine wrote:I can't top Portal. I imagine it as a rainbow-coloured pony, soul-y and kind
egotistical
Helios Pavonine wrote:Improvement, to me, is a bad thing, because it eventually leads to (future) quirk.
so make the worst track ever. mission accomplished.
Helios Pavonine wrote:I want to find myself. My own style.
Then experiment and release lots of little tracks.
Helios Pavonine wrote:I want to explore the depths of the Overworld and forget about the times in the Eden. The Eden was just a dream for me. Impressing yet depressing.
what?
Helios Pavonine wrote:So now, I'm going ''incognito'', until I've made a track that meets or is even better than Portal. Not skill-, trick- or power-wise, but fun-wise.
you know, that's still called improvement. also "even better" sounds like you think portal was awesome (it was pretty good but nothing amazing)
Helios Pavonine wrote:I don't care whether people like it or not or think it looks good. I play LR for my own fun, not others.
Then why release anything at all? Why make this thread?
Helios Pavonine wrote:There are no flaws in a track if you like it yourself.
I like lots of tracks, but there is NO TRACK EVER CREATED that has "no flaws".
Helios Pavonine wrote:I don't want to improve.
I think what you mean is "I want to have more fun". And in that case, why make a whole thread about it? That's egotistical. I want to have fun but I don't make a thread about it.

This whole thread is basically just hype, which you're telling us in the thread it's what you're avoiding.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:50 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Fine. here we go.
Helios Pavonine wrote:I quit on the Eden-series, the groovy and revolutionary Portal 2 AND Portal 3 and my upcoming track.
egotistical
Yup, I overhyped it.

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:I can't top Portal. I imagine it as a rainbow-coloured pony, soul-y and kind
egotistical
I don't care. It's just how I imagine it. Don't we all compare our tracks with eachother and come to the conclusion one is better than the other?

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:Improvement, to me, is a bad thing, because it eventually leads to (future) quirk.
so make the worst track ever. mission accomplished.
Uhh, no.

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:I want to find myself. My own style.
Then experiment and release lots of little tracks.
I might.

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:I want to explore the depths of the Overworld and forget about the times in the Eden. The Eden was just a dream for me. Impressing yet depressing.
what?
Well that was basically the whole storyline for the Eden-series, until I quit it.

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:So now, I'm going ''incognito'', until I've made a track that meets or is even better than Portal. Not skill-, trick- or power-wise, but fun-wise.
you know, that's still called improvement. also "even better" sounds like you think portal was awesome (it was pretty good but nothing amazing)
So if I have more fun making a track that's called improvement? And I guess I could've deleted the ''even''.

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:I don't care whether people like it or not or think it looks good. I play LR for my own fun, not others.
Then why release anything at all? Why make this thread?
1. I release my tracks because I like to watch the finished result of my own fun. I've watched Portal around 25 times now, and it still puts a smile on my face. Is that bad?
2. I made this thread because I'd like to inform people of the fact that I'm not going to release anything for a long time, so you don't have any expectations (in the case you have any, which I highly doubt.)

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:There are no flaws in a track if you like it yourself.
I like lots of tracks, but there is NO TRACK EVER CREATED that has "no flaws".
What's a flaw to you?

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:I don't want to improve.
I think what you mean is "I want to have more fun". And in that case, why make a whole thread about it? That's egotistical. I want to have fun but I don't make a thread about it.

This whole thread is basically just hype, which you're telling us in the thread it's what you're avoiding.

No, I don't want to improve. That's what I mean.
And what about ''A Concern''? Was that just a hype? Or was it a thread to share something?
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:51 pm

Helios wrote:There are no flaws in a track if you like it yourself.

You like Portal. There are so many flaws in it it's not even funny. Honestly, I watched Portal once and didn't even think it was good enough to comment or "Like" it on Youtube. Not being harsh, just honest. You're hyping up your own track and it's decent, mediocre, average, alright. It's not like some "groovy revolutionary" piece of amazingness. Improving doesn't mean losing style at all. I've gained more tricks in my arsenal, but I didn't change my style or lose something from it, I just learned to do new things and adapt them to my style and if I like it, sweet, maybe others will too. You're quitting on all your stuff because you're like "Man I like Portal better and this is like a dookie." What if Leomur liked Volatile and he was like "This is dookie" when he made Of Cabbages and Kings because it wasn't as good as Volatile in his opinion. That'd be derpin'.

Also, don't try to deny your ego explosion in here. Stop being like "OH MAH GAWD PORTAL WAS [censored] SWEET I CAN'T TOP DAT SHIZ NUAH." That's a load of doo doo. It wasn't amazing. It was decent like Raf said. Go play the game and stop being dumb.

EDIT: And improvement doesn't only encompass tricks. It involves a wide variety of things such as style, '"flow", rotation, movement, balance, smoothness, etc. Improvement =/= Tricks. You can easily improve past Portal. It's definitely not a masterpiece in my opinion. If you consider it one, you're either saying you're awful at LR by making a decent track your masterpiece and you can't do any better, or you're overrating your own track and thinking it's amazing.

Last edited by Votale on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Wanna do a compact collab? I'm game for that! 8D
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Yarr, Portal is decent. I don't think it's my masterpiece at all. I can do better.

But I've improved on the wrong style so I was like: I can't top it. Maybe I can. Idk anymore. This thread even confuses me now.

*walks away silently* No jk. And yes, I know I have a big ego. Come at me, bro. That's an overused meme, btw.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Helios, you are an enigma. I will never understand you.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Unfortunately, right now it seems to me like Helios was expressing his opinion on his own tracks and you guys are trolling him for it. He just said "I want to play LR for fun", and everyone attacks him for a small egotistical statement in his paragraph. So what if he doesn't think he can beat portal? That's his own opinion, and we should respect him for it. Hating on one of his tracks isn't going to change his opinion on his own work. Know why? It's called an opinion. I usually don't say this, but some people need to stfu. I'll probably apologize for saying that, but right now I mean it.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Uugghh.....
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Helios, sometimes you act like a girl in puberty.
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:49 pm

^ LMFAO
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Rafael wrote:^ LMFAO
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks for posting our Skype conversation in a nut shell. We all play for different reasons. Wink
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SigiL Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Ouch.

Opal Rider has the right idea here.

He was happy with something he made and then didn't like the direction of style he was going in, so he decided to start clean and fresh. He expresses this in a thread and then gets attacked for it?

I can't say I'm around much, so maybe I don't quite understand how things work anymore, but this doesn't seem like a place I want to visit anymore.

Linerider is a game. Play it.

~SigiL~

SigiL

Back to top Go down

Incognito Empty This is stupid

Post by JoaTrades Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:11 pm

SigiL wrote:Ouch.

He was happy with something he made and then didn't like the direction of style he was going in, so he decided to start clean and fresh. He expresses this in a thread and then gets attacked for it?

I can't say I'm around much, so maybe I don't quite understand how things work anymore, but this doesn't seem like a place I want to visit anymore.

~SigiL~

*Toy. Unless you're playing it competitively or trying to achieve some goal with it.

Also this thread is stupid. I can't think of a reason for making it except having an over inflated ego Helios.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by SigiL Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:30 pm

JoaTrades wrote:
*Toy. Unless you're playing it competitively or trying to achieve some goal with it.

Also this thread is stupid. I can't think of a reason for making it except having an over inflated ego Helios.

With the way some people act, it would seem more competitive than anything else.

~SigiL~

SigiL

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 am

JoaTrades wrote:
SigiL wrote:Ouch.

~SigiL~

Blow off steam. I want things to be clear for myself, so I made this thread. Would you rather see me suppress my feelings and not play LR anymore? I don't think so.

But you are all jerks so I guess I can't do that anymore 8D (except for Sigil and Opal, thanks)
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum