We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabid. I have your "culprits!"

+16
Cereal
Wizzy
Sheldon
LineMagiX
crash2burn
rabid squirrel
Purtle
Kohuda
Z_N-Freak
iPi
Smitsy
StingReay
Helios Pavonine
MartinJulenissen
JoaTrades
Votale
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rabid. I have your "culprits!" - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabid. I have your "culprits!"

Post by Wizzy Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 pm

I know a way to stop this madness. Get rid of the rep system?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Rabid. I have your "culprits!" - Page 2 Empty Re: Rabid. I have your "culprits!"

Post by Cereal Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

This rep system is so sad, I miss irtl even more.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:09 pm

ORRRR WE ALL START ACTUALLY REPPING GOOD POSTS AND GET RABIT BACK 2 HIS ORIGINAL REP.

you mad bros?
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 pm

We could just disable it since people obviously don't care about it and don't use it the right way. But then someone can say "Well you can't punish us for what some people do." And I like how Crash and Smitsy admit to -repping Podpak. -Repping him is no different then rabid. Respect the rep or don't use it.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Wizzy wrote:I know a way to stop this madness. Get rid of the rep system?
I was encouraged not to so I decided against it. I guess It's not hurting anyone, except me perhaps.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:58 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
I was encouraged not to so I decided against it. I guess It's not hurting anyone, except me perhaps.

I don't get you. After I pmed you about it affecting me you said "eh just shut up and ignore it nub" and now you're complaining about it yourself and you still won't get rid of it?
:| wut
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 am

Wizzy wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

I don't get you. After I pmed you about it affecting me you said "eh just shut up and ignore it nub" and now you're complaining about it yourself and you still won't get rid of it?
Viewing profile :: Wizzy
* Positive votes received : 60
* Negative votes received : 70
I'd say you're just a controversial figure... I haven't seen any extreme and sudden drops in your rep

(well, maybe you'd lose like 10 for some reason but that's not really anything abusive, and certainly not one person going and -repping all of your posts)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:47 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Wizzy wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

Viewing profile :: Wizzy
* Positive votes received : 60
* Negative votes received : 70
I'd say you're just a controversial figure... I haven't seen any extreme and sudden drops in your rep

(well, maybe you'd lose like 10 for some reason but that's not really anything abusive, and certainly not one person going and -repping all of your posts)

1. I used to get -rep on all of my posts
2. This complaining over rep is stupid. Don't like getting -rep? Don't complain. (like I stopped)
3. I say we have a poll.
4. It's unfair if some people don't want it but the admins do so we keep it, don't you think?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:27 am

all this talk about rep is stupid. you don't get anything having a high rep an you don't lose anything having a low rep.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 pm

^If I got a +rep for every time I've heard that over the years, I'd be the most popular guy on irtls. :|

8D?

LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Votale wrote:We could just disable it since people obviously don't care about it and don't use it the right way. But then someone can say "Well you can't punish us for what some people do." And I like how Crash and Smitsy admit to -repping Podpak. -Repping him is no different then rabid. Respect the rep or don't use it.

Thanks Votale Smile

To everyone: You can better -rep me if you want to have fun, because I don't care, and Rabid seems to do. I'm not asking for anything, the rep system just sucks.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:42 pm

There is a reason for REP. It's supposed to be so that you can quickly learn the general opinion of most of someone's posts. People just treat it as a game though, and on this site it's not really any fun. The thing that made it fun on IRtL was those cute little REP bars you got when your REP increased.

JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:59 pm

JoaTrades wrote:There is a reason for REP. It's supposed to be so that you can quickly learn the general opinion of most of someone's posts. People just treat it as a game though, and on this site it's not really any fun. The thing that made it fun on IRtL was those cute little REP bars you got when your REP increased.
except that -rep wasn't anonymous, resulting in -rep wars. that's something that's better about this system.

but other than that, yeah.

If I could, I'd use this rep system, with the following additions:
  • You can only rep one person 2 times in one day
  • You can only give 5 -reps total per day (+reps are unlimited)
  • You can only -rep someone the FIRST time you view a thread (so you can't go back and -rep posts they made months ago)
  • You can only rep (+ or -) a post if it was made in the last 2 weeks (same reason)
  • ability for admins to track who has repped who and when
  • ability for admins to disable rep for a specific person
  • ability to have elites and staff's rep have more weight
  • ability for everyone to cancel/undo a rep they made less than an hour ago
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:02 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
JoaTrades wrote:There is a reason for REP. It's supposed to be so that you can quickly learn the general opinion of most of someone's posts. People just treat it as a game though, and on this site it's not really any fun. The thing that made it fun on IRtL was those cute little REP bars you got when your REP increased.
except that -rep wasn't anonymous, resulting in -rep wars. that's something that's better about this system.

• You can only -rep someone the FIRST time you view a thread (so you can't go back and -rep posts they made months ago)
  • You can only rep (+ or -) a post if it was made in the last 2 weeks (same reason)

I agree with all of those except for the ability to have elites and staff's REP have more weight. By that do you mean when they give + or - REP it increases or reduces the other persons' rep more than everyone else? Or will there be a separate REP system for +/- REP from elites and staff?

I suppose it might have a purpose but the ability could only be given to people who are trustworthy and have sound judgement. That probably includes all the staff but I'm not so sure about all the elites. Just because they reached elite status doesn't mean their opinion is to be taken seriously over anyone else's. That's like honoring the political viewpoint of a celebrity over your own judgement.

JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Votale wrote:We could just disable it since people obviously don't care about it and don't use it the right way. But then someone can say "Well you can't punish us for what some people do." And I like how Crash and Smitsy admit to -repping Podpak. -Repping him is no different then rabid. Respect the rep or don't use it.

I say about 80% everyone one the site has -repped HP for no particular reason. Just I did it more than others did, mainly because I didnt like HP's attitude and because of that his strops were funny to me. But that was all october and before, I havent touched the rep system since, other than +repping epic tracks. Also I have no problem with HP anymore, in case your wondering, HP :P
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:08 pm

JoaTrades wrote:I agree with all of those except for the ability to have elites and staff's REP have more weight. By that do you mean when they give + or - REP it increases or reduces the other persons' rep more than everyone else? Or will there be a separate REP system for +/- REP from elites and staff?

I suppose it might have a purpose but the ability could only be given to people who are trustworthy and have sound judgement. That probably includes all the staff but I'm not so sure about all the elites. Just because they reached elite status doesn't mean their opinion is to be taken seriously over anyone else's. That's like honoring the political viewpoint of a celebrity over your own judgement.
Part of being an elite is that we (meaning staff and other elites) think they have good judgment and are mature members. If you disagree, that's your opinion, not a fact. And I'm still rather confused on WHY so many people say vague generalities about elites who don't deserve it. My only answer is that they don't like it when they're not elite.

in any case, this is all theoretical. I can't actually do any of this, sadly.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:15 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:

Almost every single one of those is default in MyBB's rep system, but RevO being stubborn chose phpBB not realising you could get someone on the MyBB community to convert the theme for you :facepalm:
StingReay
StingReay

http://www.rennervate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:16 pm

No someone's going on a +rep Podpak spree :facepalm:
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Can someone tell me why rep even exists? :facepalm: I remember when people actually talked to each other about how they felt about what they said. Rep is just becoming a lame way of saying 'I don't like you' or 'I admire you' anonymously.
Also:
"My pops taught me that a man that talks behind another mans back, is a coward." "Thanks I really apprecaite that." "Good 'cause I'm gonna tell you directly to your face :| "
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Votale wrote:No someone's going on a +rep Podpak spree :facepalm:
That was me xD but it was only posts I thought I could +rep (like, I thought they were good posts) and they were only within the last 2 weeks :P it was only like 15. yeah it was about me feeling bad for -repping him a bunch on the past (though I definitely did not give him anywhere close to all his -reps and I did +rep him some before from time to time)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Rabbit you're making me trip out...ghad I love the satisfaction of getting my little green and purple bars, I miss them so dearly, I think now I'm more mature if we had the old site that'd totally tip the scale toward me staying active at the site <3
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:26 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
JoaTrades wrote:I agree with all of those except for the ability to have elites and staff's REP have more weight. By that do you mean when they give + or - REP it increases or reduces the other persons' rep more than everyone else? Or will there be a separate REP system for +/- REP from elites and staff? I suppose it might have a purpose but the ability could only be given to people who are trustworthy and have sound judgement. That probably includes all the staff but I'm not so sure about all the elites. Just because they reached elite status doesn't mean their opinion is to be taken seriously over anyone else's. That's like honoring the political viewpoint of a celebrity over your own judgement.
Part of being an elite is that we (meaning staff and other elites) think they have good judgment and are mature members. If you disagree, that's your opinion, not a fact. And I'm still rather confused on WHY so many people say vague generalities about elites who don't deserve it. My only answer is that they don't like it when they're not elite.

in any case, this is all theoretical. I can't actually do any of this, sadly.

Sorry I thought people became elite based mainly off their line rider skills. I guess I need 2lrn2lrnlrterms.

IDK, it still seems like it would be kind of unfair.

I wonder how much further off topic we can get...do you prefer Vault or Mt. Dew?
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Votale wrote:No someone's going on a +rep Podpak spree :facepalm:
That was me xD but it was only posts I thought I could +rep (like, I thought they were good posts) and they were only within the last 2 weeks :P it was only like 15. yeah it was about me feeling bad for -repping him a bunch on the past (though I definitely did not give him anywhere close to all his -reps and I did +rep him some before from time to time)

Don't you dare +rep me again. :|

lol, jk
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:24 am

i logged a diff account and +repped one of your posts pod, if you can guess which one i will give you 100 -reps. for each time you guess wrongly i will give you 5 +reps.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:44 pm

how about we change rep into this. We can only +rep or -rep in the track section, and the news and stuff like that, posts in meat pie or off topic can't be +/- repped. And if the admin finds out someone is -repping or + repping someone, they can change it to how much they had before the sudden spike of reps.

And also i suggest we change the name into karma cause that's boss.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next