We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we have separate pages for tracks?

5 posters

Go down

?

Should we have separate pages for tracks? Vote_lcap27%Should we have separate pages for tracks? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
Should we have separate pages for tracks? Vote_lcap45%Should we have separate pages for tracks? Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Should we have separate pages for tracks? Vote_lcap27%Should we have separate pages for tracks? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Should we have separate pages for tracks? Empty Should we have separate pages for tracks?

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 pm

Should we have separate pages for tracks?

vote, and post a comment so I know why you voted how you did.

Here's what track entries would look like: http://lineriderwiki.byethost8.com/index.php/%22Rain_Of_Life%22

To be honest, I don't see why we wouldn't want articles for tracks. You can always just put the url and leave it at that to get an entry started, and it's silly to put descriptions, release dates, etc. in a user entry IMO. What I'm saying is if this gets all no's but nobody explains why, I will be very confused and unsure what to do.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Should we have separate pages for tracks? Empty Re: Should we have separate pages for tracks?

Post by Votale Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:00 am

I'm sort of undecided on this. Maybe if it was something like BS or the best of the best tracks that influenced LineRider so much or something. Something like Vision or Flashkick that really revolutionized the way people look at stuff.

Definitely not every track though. :P
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Should we have separate pages for tracks? Empty Re: Should we have separate pages for tracks?

Post by CamQuartr Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:07 am

Only significant tracks.

Because then there will be way to many tracks on wiki and it would start to get disorganized.

(though error on the side of having a wiki)

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:12 am

(forumotion keeps putting /s and 's in my poll options :|)

I agree that it shouldn't be an article for every track, but I think if we list them under "notable tracks" on a user's wiki profile, they should have their own description. so, for example, Cereal's page:

* "Falcon"
* "Nonilluminant"
* "Frosted Flakes"
* "Phat" (MOTW Winner)
* "Phun" (Featured)
* "Phunky"
* "Infinite Profusion" (With: Miracle Blood Factory Clan)
* "Schizophrenia 2" (With: Rafael)
* "Edible" (With: Chaomocha)

all these would have their own page (but obviously not all of cereal's tracks)

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 am

I say no tracks at all. There's way too many, unless someone would be willing to go through every track and find significant features in them.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:14 am

Wizzy wrote:I say no tracks at all. There's way too many, unless someone would be willing to go through every track and find significant features in them.
Well, it won't happen overnight, but I'm willing to go through every NOTABLE track eventually (e.g. the ones I listed above). would be easier if people helped though.

you can always just punk a link down on the page for starters
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:17 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Wizzy wrote:I say no tracks at all. There's way too many, unless someone would be willing to go through every track and find significant features in them.
Well, it won't happen overnight, but I'm willing to go through every NOTABLE track eventually (e.g. the ones I listed above). would be easier if people helped though.

you can always just punk a link down on the page for starters
I'm beginning to sense you're hatred Suspicious

well I'm just sayin', there's probably a lot of tracks you'll miss. there's tons of notable tracks from a lot of people >_<
also, do we have techdawg on LW yet? I mean he's kind of the guy that made the community and all
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 am

My problem is that you're forcing us to do it.

If we don't want to do it, don't force us. If you personally, rabid, want to make a page for every track. Do it, if not, Let us be.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 am

Off topic - Who the hell is giving Rabid a -rep spree?

EDIT: And if you'd really like help and wish to do about every track, Rabid, I'd even be willing to help you :P Whatever you need.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down