We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really?

3 posters

Go down

Really? Empty Really?

Post by Inukaza Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:55 pm

This is a message for rabid.

Let us edit the wiki with a little flexibility. Not to be mean or anything, some of your formats don't make sense. Setting guidelines is okay, I'm fine with that. But the way your doing it is kinda controlling.
If your going to change something without consulting anyone BEFORE you do it, how about you wait. That way you know if you delete important information. Let people layout their own page, instead of making them strictly conform to your own design. To be honest, your design looks ulgy and bland. So, if people are going to be reasonable, let them make creative choices in their wiki page.

I'm not butt hurt for making changes to my personal wiki page, which was in need of the description being edited. However, you totally [I am a potty mouth] up the layout, which I spent time on. With the ROL clan page, you changed it because it didn't make sense to YOU. It made sense to everyone else in the clan, who I showed it too. You also deleted all reference to ktk, who was a major influence in the creation process of ROL.

Again, I get it, you want it YOUR way. If that's the case, you should have just done it yourself to begin with.

TL;DR You're taking the fun out of it.

P.S. Unless you don't think the majority of people on the interwebs know what "Active" is. You shouldn't have to put it in [[]]'s.

Last edited by Andrew on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Really? Empty Re: Really?

Post by Darkness Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:09 pm

ra ra fight the powah. I agree though, if we're allowed to make our own pages we should be able to make it how we want. I'm not saying lets have dicks everywhere, but some people like creating their own layouts. That is all.

Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:32 pm

1. you realize you can always go in history and look at all the changes, right?

2. I'm open to ideas about the clan layout. I just needed something to get started so I used yours as a test drive kind of thing. Discuss that in the sticky though.

3. I don't see why we shouldn't define soemthing like "active" that would make no sense to my roommate if he read it. but make another thread to discuss that.

4. I think we should be consistent in layouts (wikipedia is). We can discuss that stuff in the stickies though - feel free to vouch for changes.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:41 pm

1. You're still making changes. Thank you, Mr. President.

2. Yes, you're open. Still, only after I challenged you. Which wouldn't have happened if you talked to me before you changed my clan page anyway.

3. Active has a pretty clear definition, your roommate must be retarded. Ask him if he knows what that word is.

4. Wikipedia is not site-wide consistent in layouts. Nor do they have controlling squirrels with rabid problems guarding the site like it's his livelihood.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum