We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catgroove by Lukking

+22
roflmaoqwerty
efrazable
Lankher
Rafael
Z_N-Freak
LineMagiX
LineBenji
LineRiderGjert
Summoning
mmtunligit
Helios Pavonine
gaoyubao
Orthuss
RyderLR
Yobanjojoe
Conundrumer
Pawel3
[senpai] kevans
Getthim
Sheldon
ScrungleBlumpkus
Lukking
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

catgroove - Catgroove by Lukking - Page 2 Empty Re: Catgroove by Lukking

Post by LineMagiX Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Lukking wrote:As said before: i am against green line abuse in naked tracks.

catgroove - Catgroove by Lukking - Page 2 Hundred-points-symbol
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:47 pm

I FUCKING LOVE YOU

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:22 pm

LineMagiX wrote:

Ever since I started on an xy track in which I'm using blue lines for misdirection and relaxed how much skill it takes to pull this off, green line abuse in naked tracks feels cheaty now.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Dapianokid wrote:
LineMagiX wrote:

Ever since I started on an xy track in which I'm using blue lines for misdirection and relaxed how much skill it takes to pull this off, green line abuse in naked tracks feels cheaty now.

I could have easily made the big fall with green lines but i didnt.
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Lukking wrote:
Dapianokid wrote:
LineMagiX wrote:

I could have easily made the big fall with green lines but i didnt.

As such, it's infinitely more impressive. And it begs many questions as to what is a naked track, what green line integration says, and how much is really possible with all blue that we haven't tried hard enough to attain. What are the limits, I ask you all! #yearoftheallbluecomeback

Really, it makes you look at green lines and style in a whole new light. Such a visionary, so influential, you are, Lukking.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:11 am

^bruh I've always done all of my integrations without green lines. Even XY, which is more important to do without them, imo, because it's more challenging.

Good on ya, Lukking! Smile I encourage more people to try the same!
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:12 pm

^hence why I love you.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:12 pm

This is totally my new #1 favourite track (not only because of the name). Really enjoyed watching it! GJ <3

Catz
Catz

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:08 pm

This video got me back into this game. Thank you.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:10 am

shua wrote:This video got me back into this game. Thank you.
Wow that means a lot <3
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:07 am

Lukking wrote:
shua wrote:This video got me back into this game. Thank you.
Wow that means a lot <3

Whew. Worried you'd find it creepy.

You've been an inspiration to most of us for as long as I can remember. Keep it up; you're pretty good at this game.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:56 am

ive used green lines in integration D:
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:44 am

Lukking. This was perfect. Not only did you create an epicly synced track, you chose a brilliant artist. Parov Stelar. Respect the artistry.

They say lines are what we use to decorate space, and music is how we decorate time. You combined the two in an unfathomable manner. Can't wait to for what is next!
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu May 07, 2015 1:40 am

Hokay, sorry this is almost 2 months late. Someday I will actually catch up to all these.

Also sorry for not recording, I got slammed by a massive tech immediately after you put in the request. I've noticed nobody has asked about the top speed, so let me just put in here the top speed is 336, which is faster than basically every track released so far besides hybrid eclipse, which only beats it by like 20. (supersonic motion is like 220, finalize 2.0 is 302, and that's like every other track I know that makes it over 200, if we're not counting viberate which I am not)

Now that that's out of the way, Let's just dive right in, shall we?

0:21-0:48
I'm pretty sure you know this is easily the weakest part of the track, but that's mostly because of the music. At what point did you decide to sync to this song - was this part just not synced or were you just rusty? It didn't feel all that inconsistant and there was some nice variety, but it just felt too stop'n'go, smooth-choppy, to fit the music, in my opinion. In any case, about 2:50 is pretty clearly this stuff but better. That said, if it were with different music this section could look really cool and chill, and I have to say I really liked 0:35-0:39.

0:48-0:51
a moment of silence for whatever this boring transitional thing is? sorry, but I have to ask what you were thinking here?

0:51-1:21
This felt like an awkward can't-decide-what-to-do-here section. started as integration, then all Y for a few seconds, then quirky tumbling for a second, then the big no-rotation loop, then for the rest of the section we have more integration. It feels like the integration really fits with this section and it really should have been that the whole time, and the no-rotation loop just sticks out like a sore thumb as something that just doesn't match the music at all. Though it does look really cool.

1:21-1:29
I did like the foot thing towards the end here, but for the most part this looks like filler, like, not sure what to do here so let's just do a long horizontal section! woo! My thought - the no-rotation loop would have been PERFECT here.

1:29-1:51
Really love this section actually. No complaints, except I wish you hadn't ended it a second early with airtime.

1:51-2:21
LOVE the utter fearlessness in this section. You saw a possibility and just went all out for it - this is the part that really makes this track. It's bold, it's fresh, it's super great at building tension, and its just super fun to watch. Not that I don't have one small criticism which is that I wanted the line to come it more gradually/sneakily at the top.

2:21-2:44
And this is the maybe-you-bit-off-a-bit-more-than-you-could-chew section, haha. But my complaints are mostly with the scatterbrained nature, liek the section that eventually decided it should be integration - this section eventually decided it should be tumbling (I think?) but it took a long way to get there. or in any case, I think it would have looked best as some tumbling the whole way through. Mega props for the giant blue tail manual at 200ppf (but actually what the holy fuck how??? teach me your ways????) but it just doesn't fit with what the music is doing, not to mention it doesn't effectively slow him down and you're forced to do the almost-always-unflattering every-frame-flatsled stop at the end. In my opinion, 2:36-2:39 was easily the best part of this section, and 2:21-2:24 was a close second. Maybe alternating between those throughout, plus maybe some straight-up slow-him-down tumbling in places would have made this section really make sense and fit within the music and the rest of the track.

2:44-3:14
This section was fantastic... for the first 15 seconds, but then you totally lose steam at 3:02 and never really get it back, so that was too bad. But the first 15s or so are really fantastic and they are what we all will remember about the section. Especially the opening 4 seconds (2:44-2:48), and the bit of recycling at 2:50 I also liked because of how obvious it was about itself.

3:14-3:28
This effect is a perfect way to end the track, and I do understand that you were going for all blue, and you needed to build up speed, and didn't have much, but in my opinion that does not constitute an excuse to put 10 solid seconds of what is essentially filler. There are a million ways you could have resolved this issue while keeping the rest of the track from changing dramatically, so I'm not going to tell you what you should have done, but it just looks really awkward as is.

Okay, I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't yet commented on the all blue thing, and that's because I literally didn't notice until commenters started posting about it. I don't have anything against it on principle, and if it's fun then no problem, but I can't help but think that the last section of track could have been better than filler flatsled+airtime to gain speed if you had the option of using red lines. Ofc you also could have accomplished this all blue so... But I do think that confining yourself to blue lines simply because it's harder is kinda like doing the same thing, but takes a lot more time, and the product looks essentially the same, unless you're a hardcore line rider trackmaker, in which case you're still not impressed until the color playback. And I can't say I understand the appeal of using blue lines instead of green when Bosh never even comes close to touching them, or are intentionally facing a direction that will make him not come in contact with them - it's a challenge, but it either does not affect the final product to the average viewer, or effects it negatively by limiting the possibilities.

I know that the counter-argument is here. It takes skill, it's really impressive, green lines feel too easy... But if your audience is yourself and your fellow quirkers, who know how hard it is to do what you did with all blue, then why does so much of this track attempt to appeal to the average viewer, or at least the relatively unskilled trackmaker? The music syncing structured in sections, the zero rotation part, the mega heavily synced drop, the visually appealing integration, the attempt at the "invisible" fling" and then finally the speed scenery at the ending. Many of these things didn't take any "skill", just a good idea and some patience. So parts of this track scream accessibility is their top goal, but other aspects seem to only be able to be appreciated by the hardcore. I'm not gonna say one is superior to the other (you all know my preferences but they are totally subjective) but I will say this: Rule #1 of communication is to know your audience. So if you want your track to say something, don't send conflicted messages about what your target audience is. I do think this is an amazing track, I just think it is confused about what it is trying to say.

Okay, so this is really critical, and that's because this track reached for insane new heights. Not only are there no green or red lines and utterly insane speeds, but it is over 3 minutes in length, it has tons of different styles, and there is some epic music syncing to boot. Definitely one of the most ambitious tracks I've seen in a while, and it tackles everything it attempts head-on, and, for the most part, succeeds. But I hope you make more tracks, because I really do think you can do better than this! Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Thu May 07, 2015 10:59 am

Although it was a bit too critical imo you are completely right with most of your statements.
I didnt plan the whole thing from the start and thats why the message got a bit confusing.
I will try and play (more) lr in the future
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu May 07, 2015 11:49 am

I think the nature of epic awesome tracks is that it is often easy to pick out lots of little things that bugged you and talk about them - and the positive things I kinda just say "this was great" and then move on. So maybe I'll just throw everything positive here again for emphasis
rabid squirrel wrote:the top speed is 336, which is faster than basically every track released so far besides hybrid eclipse, which only beats it by like 20.
rabid squirrel wrote:I really liked 0:35-0:39.
rabid squirrel wrote:1:29-1:51
Really love this section actually
rabid squirrel wrote:1:51-2:21
LOVE the utter fearlessness in this section. You saw a possibility and just went all out for it - this is the part that really makes this track. It's bold, it's fresh, it's super great at building tension, and its just super fun to watch.
rabid squirrel wrote:Mega props for the giant blue tail manual at 200ppf (but actually what the holy fuck how??? teach me your ways????)
rabid squirrel wrote:2:44-3:14
the first 15s or so are really fantastic and they are what we all will remember about the section. Especially the opening 4 seconds (2:44-2:48), and the bit of recycling at 2:50 I also liked because of how obvious it was about itself.
rabid squirrel wrote:3:14-3:28
This effect is a perfect way to end the track
rabid squirrel wrote:Not only are there no green or red lines and utterly insane speeds, but it is over 3 minutes in length, it has tons of different styles, and there is some epic music syncing to boot. Definitely one of the most ambitious tracks I've seen in a while, and it tackles everything it attempts head-on, and, for the most part, succeeds.
Also,
Lukking wrote:I will try and play (more) lr in the future
WOOOOOOOOO
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Thu May 07, 2015 12:08 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
0:21-0:48
I'm pretty sure you know this is easily the weakest part of the track, but that's mostly because of the music.

I thik this is easily the best part Very Happy I cant think of a particular reason why. It has the most style and "funkyness" imo
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu May 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Oh, well. That's bizarre. Not sure what to make of that xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel