We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dap, DPK, DK, Dapiano..

+3
[senpai] kevans
Opal Rider
ScrungleBlumpkus
7 posters

Go down

Dap, DPK, DK, Dapiano.. Empty Dap, DPK, DK, Dapiano..

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed May 07, 2014 3:51 pm

**EDIT** Hey, admins, I'm afraid I was multitabsking around and posted this in the wrong place. Whoops! Mind moving this to hello/goodbye?

Figure it out yourselves, whatever you'd like my nickname to be.
Moving on, I'm a pianist and Christian and speedcuber.
Most importantly for this forum, however, I'm a LineRider. I'm pretty sure I've never introduced myself but this is the only living community I can find sooooo here ya go:

I used to play, being "ahead of the curve" during the time when Mhenr was releasing his newer revisions. I was there when the Granual was invented, and I was part of the "pro's thread/group" on the original website, which is now hacked and thus I cannot find the links to the tracks which have long since been erased from my hard drive.
So I'm back. I am an old-school quirk type guy with wobbly manuals but I love recylcing. I'll see if I can start getting some stuff submitted. ^^ Nice to be playing again!
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Dap, DPK, DK, Dapiano.. Empty Re: Dap, DPK, DK, Dapiano..

Post by Opal Rider Wed May 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Ohey, good to meet ya. The original site has been down for quite a while by now, so you probably missed quite a bit during your absence. Only about 10 pages worth of tracks to browse at your leisure.  Wink Welcome back to the forums though, even if I wasn't around when you were here.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed May 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Ohai der! Ten pages? Inverted Onoz I've been lurking for quite a while (check the sign up date) but I was absent since I think 2010. I quit because of family troubles that landed me without my computer and, being 11, I decided it wasn't worth it to try to rebuild such a hobby as LineRiding. I was here when the forums were hacked and there was only one board, though. I'm trying to work on recording a "Iiiii'm Baaaaaack" track or something.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed May 07, 2014 9:05 pm

yo

EDIT: Please don't bump ten pages worth of threads
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Wed May 07, 2014 9:19 pm

kevansevans wrote:yo

This guy is like the most troll member of our website, ignore him and feel free to bump any page you want. Even from like 13 years ago about cold soup.

:3

But seriously don't go post in really old threads.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Traxis wrote:
kevansevans wrote:yo

This guy is like the most troll member of our website, ignore him and feel free to bump any page you want. Even from like 13 years ago about cold soup.
:3
But seriously don't go post in really old threads.

Well, don't be afraid to give me background, a little history of the site, what to expect from the regulars, things of that nature. I've forum'd a time or two, and being part of the staff at a particularly busy website always reinforced those rules like "don't spam or bump. Please. For heaven's sake the cache isn't as big as everybody thinks it is"

I wouldn't bump, unless I had something worthwhile to contribute. Such as some background information on ancient information I may have found that brings back memories. :P
I feel my skills are no longer adequate at this game, looking at some insane "future quirk" stuffs and the completely foreign "shoulder stack"
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Thu May 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Shoulder stacks are pretty easy to learn once you get the hang of it. Shouldn't take too long. Future quirk on the other hand...
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm not sure I even understand future quirk.
The shift in lineriding is huge! Before, we did things on accident and barely had a toolbox of things we could use to make interesting things. We just wanted tricks.
Now, it's all about USING tricks to make interesting and eye pleasing things happen. A fling is like second nature to most people here, whereas back then I was like one of three skilled quirk lineriders....and being able to quirk at all for more than a few seconds was mindblowing.

Highspeed is entirely new to me. I'm working on a track to show the evolution of my skills as I get back into it.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu May 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Dapianokid wrote:I'm not sure I even understand future quirk.
The shift in lineriding is huge! Before, we did things on accident and barely had a toolbox of things we could use to make interesting things. We just wanted tricks.
Now, it's all about USING tricks to make interesting and eye pleasing things happen. A fling is like second nature to most people here, whereas back then I was like one of three skilled quirk lineriders....and being able to quirk at all for more than a few seconds was mindblowing.

Highspeed is entirely new to me. I'm working on a track to show the evolution of my skills as I get back into it.

I never could catch on to quirk very well, so I stick to flatsled, and have been able to pull off some really nice tracks.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri May 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Well, I just accidentally deleted all of my new work. Which is okay, I guess. I'm back into it.
kevansevans, you wrote the version I use.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Fri May 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Don't worry about future quirk if you're just starting to come back. I mean, give it a spin, but don't get discouraged. Stuff like slow Manuals, XY, and Alt Quirk is still cool. :p

Welcome back.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri May 09, 2014 3:51 pm

I can't even future quirk. I'm not sure I even understand the concepts. I'm good with XY and Alt Quirk. :3 Frame by frame and anatomic analyzation makes me bored, unless I'm really sure that my idea will be amazing.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Fri May 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Yo man, moved the topic.
Just ignore quirk and all that crazy stuff, do scenery instead! Very Happy
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri May 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Of all the things I can do, scenery is not it. :P I will have to look at tutorials!
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri May 09, 2014 6:34 pm

Dapianokid wrote:kevansevans, you wrote the version I use.

I see. Let me know if anything bothers you about it, I try to improve these as best as I can.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat May 10, 2014 5:21 pm

You can negative zoom. I don't know if that's a quirk, or intentional, but it's kinda funny and you can do it by changing your custom zoom to negatives. It does a mirrored version of the track on the verticle and horizontal planes.
I believe superzoom doesn't work right.
I can't do XY red lines flipped without FIRST activating XY snap and then using shift. hotkey setting change in order?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Fri May 16, 2014 12:01 pm

Don't listen to Wolf, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Scenery is totally lame. Like... Rubiks cubes...

Welcome to our mostly inactive site! Most of the members here are from the old site at one point or another so we tend to joke around with each other a lot. As far as what to expect from the regulars, we're all pretty easy going and friendly.

Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri May 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Well, that's good. I was part of the group that broke off to become SevenLines for all of two seconds, which is about the tim eit takes me to solve a 2x2x2 Wink They aren't laaaame!
Scenery takes much too long for me to feel proud of it.
Nice to meet you, Darkness.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum