We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Parade - Let's do this!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Black Parade - Let's do this! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Black Parade - Let's do this!

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:32 am

Rafael wrote:Do we need to update every week? Rabid, we will tell you when this project dies out.
yeah like last time 3 months went by and nobody updated anything?

alright, how often should I ask for updates
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

The Black Parade - Let's do this! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Black Parade - Let's do this!

Post by Cereal Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Raybid, I'd just let these fellows worry about this themselves. It's their collab. :P
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:34 am

rabid squirrel wrote:I'm a bit annoyed because the project appeared to be dead in the water and now when I want to take over you suddenly want to resume it. When I asked about making it a LCC collab, here's what you said:
Ehm yeah... KW made a part and then it kinda died off. It's up to him what to do with it. I'm not very motivated for it as for now, but maybe that'll come back later.
Hmmm
I asked for details for over a week and neither of you said anything after that. And now once I actually dive in, you're suddenly super motivated again? It sounds like you don't really want to do the work but don't want anyone else to do it either.

Why are you so against having lots of people work on it? Why can't we take Kram's part and continue it as a collab?

I'd be totally willing to work with you on the vision - since you guys started it, if you want to put your foot down and say no quirk, well fine, but I think it's silly to say that only the two of you can work on it when lots of people really want this project to happen and are willing to make parts and you've been sitting on the first part doing nothing for months.

How about this.
1. You type up your whole vision for the track. We use that for now and can debate changes, but we start from your vision. I like your vision so if you want to say my way or the highway, then we'll go with your way.
2. You post the .sol from Kram and tell us a bit about whoever does the next part and what it should look like, and you can do this for each part from now on.
3. You allow me (and others if they like) to argue with you about changes, but you will always have the final say in 1) who does what parts 2) what style each part is 3) if someone's part is up to snuff or not.

Does that sound like it could work? I really, honestly, am not trying to be a dick and steal your track, I just want to actually make this happen. Please work with me.
Rafael wrote:Yeah, I wasn't against other people working about it until I saw these plans. I know I kind of made a U-turn on that one. All I can say is... Sorry.
I'll think about it, but I think you know as no other that when you have a certain vision on a track it's difficult to let other people who don't have/understand that vision work on it. And this track is different from EoLR. EoLR is meant to be very versatile and a mix of many people's styles is a good thing. The Black Parade is supposed to tell a story. If this track became a standard omnitrack with many people making a part, it would become way less of a story. This thread kind of made me realise that I shouldn't throw away this project because it is quite special and.. also quite precious. I also made 10 seconds yesterday and will probably make more today.
Still, I'll have a think about it. Feel free to convince me.
rabid squirrel wrote:Alright. In that case, it is ok if I keep posting in this thread and asking for progress, so I know it's still moving forward? Then if you ever get tired of it we can help out.
Rafael wrote:Sure Smile I can also let some LCC people do guest parts or something (just in case KW disappears/loses motivation).
^ Please read. Has this changed?

I'll repeat myself.
I really, honestly, am not trying to be a dick and steal your track, I just want to actually make this happen. Please work with me.
I think I have a right to know that this is still happening, and you guys aren't posting updates of your own free will. All it has to be is "10 more seconds done" every couple of weeks, but I need to know that you're still actually making progress because I WANT TO MAKE SURE THIS TRACK HAPPENS. If it wasn't for me it would have died long ago.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:54 am

why so sorvius Rabid

If Raf and Kram need help, they'll post.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:why so sorvius Rabid

For crying out loud, READ THE THREAD. Even if you disagree with me, hp, you have to at least respond to what I've already written instead of just ignoring it.

I am so frustrated with all of you. Why is it so hard to let me know periodically that this hasn't died?

It seems to me like you guys don't want to actually work on it but don't want me to do the project either and that pisses me off. Rafael agreed to post updates periodically and then the updates never came. Then I get told I'm being too annoying asking for them, so I ask how often I should ask. THEN I get told "never". Then when I'm like "What the hell?" I get told to mind my own business. Y'all are jerks.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:02 am

I have read the thread, but the only excuse you give for your behaviour is ''I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN, AND YOU'RE GOING TO WORK WITH ME BECAUSE I SAY SO''. Tbh I thought it was clear that it's their collab and not yours.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:45 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:why so sorvius Rabid

For crying out loud, READ THE THREAD. Even if you disagree with me, hp, you have to at least respond to what I've already written instead of just ignoring it.

I am so frustrated with all of you. Why is it so hard to let me know periodically that this hasn't died?

It seems to me like you guys don't want to actually work on it but don't want me to do the project either and that pisses me off. Rafael agreed to post updates periodically and then the updates never came. Then I get told I'm being too annoying asking for them, so I ask how often I should ask. THEN I get told "never". Then when I'm like "What the hell?" I get told to mind my own business. Y'all are jerks.
Yeah I'm sorry rabid. I should've kept the promise I made and if I couldn't, I should've said so. It was wrong to keep you with your questions.
Thing is that I don't always know what the project is up to, and me and KW don't want everybody to know how our project is going, how far we are, etc.
That said, I think you should have the faith in that we are able to see when we both don't want to work on this track anymore and whenever that's the case, we'll tell that to you ASAP. The track will happen even if we remain silent about it, and that's what you want to happen right? Wink
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2