We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ok wow

+2
Binglinerider
rabid squirrel
6 posters

Go down

ok wow Empty ok wow

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:04 pm

HG sent me a version of unleashed and I have to say I am outrageously impressed. Hats off to you mhenr!

I made a new thread because I can accomodate this stuff and stuff whatever y'all want to do with this forum section. I have a PM from forever ago where mhenr said he would like to make this not viewable by guests? is that still the case

Anyway now for my personal input.

Features I think are game changers and REALLY awesome:
- scrubbing
- save/open
- video export
- line endpoint editing
- live flag updating
- undo
- basically no lag
- pencil tool is crazy smooth

all of these are like WAT OMG HOW YES GOOD WANT [insert gifs here]

Stuff that used to exist in old versions I miss:
- zoom in further (waaah superzoom waaahh)
- zooming during track (+/- not good enough I want smoothness!)
- hotkeys for jumping to start/end/flag plz?
- color eraser!
- tab! zoom out to see the whole track (esp since there's no track loading no moar)
- how do I move the start point? mebbe ahm jus dum
- XY snap (srs no brainer)
- color playback and/or export (why not seriously)
- speedometer (& options to include in export)
- timer (& options to include in export)

Stuff I would love to see:
- frame counter display & export option pretty plz? for speed contests
- frame by frame navigation hotkeys after pausing plz?
- eraser pink guideline stuff - not in my version but looks sick, tell me you didn't cut that
- eraser size - same
- selection/moving of lines in addition to endpoints? *puppy eyes*
- my version doesn't have dots with a single click?

Things I DON'T like:
- nongreen lines snapping to green lines. rrggghhhmmmmppphh this is obnoxious is there a toggle to turn snapping off
- current hotkey mapping is traditional but customization would be lovely
- whatever the hell this is: https://i.imgur.com/umHCKTh.png

rabid out.

p.s. I'M SORRY FOR EVER DOUBTING YOU MHENR CAN WE BE FRIENDS AGAIN
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

ok wow Empty Re: ok wow

Post by Binglinerider Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 pm

wait wait wait....you doubted mhenr?

that's simply unheard of! you should be ashamed
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:01 am

I'm responding like this. Due to the different builds that different people have, stuff I say is/isn't there may very well be or not be there.

rabid squirrel wrote:HG sent me a version of unleashed and I have to say I am outrageously impressed. Hats off to you mhenr!

I made a new thread because I can accomodate this stuff and stuff whatever y'all want to do with this forum section. I have a PM from forever ago where mhenr said he would like to make this not viewable by guests? is that still the case Wolf sort of did it. I don't care that much anymore now that I have full approval from inXile to work on this so I don't need to hide it from them or anything.

Anyway now for my personal input.

Features I think are game changers and REALLY awesome:
- scrubbing
- save/open Need to make loading not just block up - I need to have a progress bar or something.
- video export This is going to be delayed on Windows/Linux for a bit until I figure out how to implement it on those platforms. OSX support was easy lol
- line endpoint editing
- live flag updating
- undo
- basically no lag I know for a fact that the build you have has really bad performance. You ain't seen nothing yet
- pencil tool is crazy smooth

all of these are like WAT OMG HOW YES GOOD WANT [insert gifs here]

Stuff that used to exist in old versions I miss:
- zoom in further (waaah superzoom waaahh) To be honest the main reason it's capped is because my vector for bosh has a shit sled and I didn't want to make that hideously obvious. There's no reason I can't let you go in a lot more
- zooming during track (+/- not good enough I want smoothness!) I'll work on it
- hotkeys for jumping to start/end/flag plz? Can't do the end (yet - I want to do some AI stuff later that has an actual understanding of tracks), but flag and start are easy
- color eraser! Click the swatches up in the line counts and you can make different types of lines visible. The eraser only erases visible lines.
- tab! zoom out to see the whole track (esp since there's no track loading no moar) Ok.
- how do I move the start point? mebbe ahm jus dum I don't want to let people move it anymore. The only reason you'd move it was to get a good start, but now that you can drag lines and watch the live flag it's easy enough to get a good start anyway
- XY snap (srs no brainer) Done, there's going to be configurable restriction later (ie snap to 90/45/x degree intervals). I think your build does XY snap when you hold Alt
- color playback and/or export (why not seriously) Only once I do the wiring/dynamic lines later on - right now there's no real reason why you need to export color as we all know what's going on (in an era where people create fake lines with scenery, why the hell does color even matter except to make your videos unnecessarily long)
- speedometer (& options to include in export) Will get around to that. I really want to keep the exporting as clean and simple as possible for a while though
- timer (& options to include in export) see speedometer

Stuff I would love to see:
- frame counter display & export option pretty plz? for speed contests Frame counter's there if you look at the scrub bar.
- frame by frame navigation hotkeys after pausing plz? Left and right arrow keys
- eraser pink guideline stuff - not in my version but looks sick, tell me you didn't cut that It'll be back. You won't be able to see under the eraser though because I'm actually changing the OS cursor and alpha channel stuff there can get a bit odd at times
- eraser size - same You can adjust it with the [ and ] keys
- selection/moving of lines in addition to endpoints? *puppy eyes* I guess I can do that
- my version doesn't have dots with a single click? I'm not going to allow dot track lines, but dot scenery lines will be there

Things I DON'T like:
- nongreen lines snapping to green lines. rrggghhhmmmmppphh this is obnoxious is there a toggle to turn snapping off There will be a settings panel. Otherwise, it will be the standard hold S for no snap (on your version I think it's Cmd to disable snapping)
- current hotkey mapping is traditional but customization would be lovely yeah I'll get around to it at some stage. It's just tedious to do lol
- whatever the hell this is: https://i.imgur.com/umHCKTh.png There's a hotkey to turn it off in your build, it's not supposed to be on by default - it's just a thing I put in to make screenshots for track previews actually be meaningful. Plus, it's fantastic for balancing manuals haha

rabid out.

p.s. I'M SORRY FOR EVER DOUBTING YOU MHENR CAN WE BE FRIENDS AGAIN lol seeing that 6.7's release date is now closer to the release of Beta 1 than it is to the present day, I think it's ok to have doubted me. Nowdays though, I know what I'm doing aha

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 pm

mhenr18 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:- hotkeys for jumping to start/end/flag plz?
Can't do the end (yet - I want to do some AI stuff later that has an actual understanding of tracks), but flag and start are easy
jump to the last line drawn is what I mean. I've found it very useful in the past
mhenr18 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:- color eraser!
Click the swatches up in the line counts and you can make different types of lines visible. The eraser only erases visible lines.
ooh I see. could you make them faintly visible? would help clarify
mhenr18 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:- tab! zoom out to see the whole track (esp since there's no track loading no moar)
Ok.
also if you press it again zoom back to the previous zoom level where the mouse is. if you're confused open 6.2 draw a large track and try it.
mhenr18 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:- how do I move the start point? mebbe ahm jus dum
I don't want to let people move it anymore. The only reason you'd move it was to get a good start, but now that you can drag lines and watch the live flag it's easy enough to get a good start anyway
It's one of those why-not things. would make transitioning easier and I can't imagine it's hard to add.
mhenr18 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:- color playback and/or export (why not seriously)
Only once I do the wiring/dynamic lines later on - right now there's no real reason why you need to export color as we all know what's going on (in an era where people create fake lines with scenery, why the hell does color even matter except to make your videos unnecessarily long)
That's actually a perfect example of color playback - so people can see where they were "fooled" with green lines, without having to open up the file. Flashkick was made many times more cool and more controversial with the addition of selective color playback. (btw I agree it's overused, I hate it when it's non sped up color playback and then credits AFTER it's like wat)

everything else - sweet
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:50 am

"I don't want to let people move it anymore. The only reason you'd move it was to get a good start, but now that you can drag lines and watch the live flag it's easy enough to get a good start anyway"

You're breaking my balls, man. Breaking my balls.
(on a serious note though, moving the start point is essential for some of the contests we have)

Everything else sounds great though,
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:03 am

^ yeah what AC said. start point moving = absolutely necessary for contests. forgot about that.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:07 pm

I haven't used this new version thang, but you should make it so you can draw lines through the start point (starting the line within the start point) if you haven't already done that.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Votale wrote:I haven't used this new version thang, but you should make it so you can draw lines through the start point (starting the line within the start point) if you haven't already done that.
lol
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamBlast Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Votale wrote:I haven't used this new version thang, but you should make it so you can draw lines through the start point (starting the line within the start point) if you haven't already done that.
You can, and the start point isn't movable. (Since the last time I've tried it)
TeamBlast
TeamBlast

<CENSORED>

http://dansaunders.me/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum