We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Propose... (R.E. Elites)

+19
Opal Rider
CamQuartr
Purtle
Lankher
Sssschiller
rabid squirrel
Kohuda
Inukaza
Cereal
efrazable
Hedgehogs4Me
TheRevTastic
ACwazHere
RyderLR
Binglinerider
Traxis
Pinter
Rafael
WishLine
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I Propose... (R.E. Elites) - Page 3 Empty Re: I Propose... (R.E. Elites)

Post by Inukaza Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:05 pm

When ever I try to access the 2nd page, I get this: I Propose... (R.E. Elites) - Page 3 FSl0s

EDIT: Well what do you know, the third page is visible.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Inu these are all the posts you missed:
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:35 pm

We should make a poll about the whole issue 8D
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Sssschiller wrote:We should make a poll about the whole issue 8D

I like polls a lot, but they're only straw polls unless Rabid makes them, so it's really up to him if he wants to sanction one Smile

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 pm

I think the staff have pretty much shot down this issue without there being a poll. There isn't really much need of a poll now.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I think the staff have pretty much shot down this issue without there being a poll. There isn't really much need of a poll now.

Well...unless Rabid would rather continue discussion of his own fabulous idea about ex-elite rank...?

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:14 pm

WishLine wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I think the staff have pretty much shot down this issue without there being a poll. There isn't really much need of a poll now.

Well...unless Rabid would rather continue discussion of his own fabulous idea about ex-elite rank...?

If you annoy the staff enough: it will happen.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:
Also, while I don't think it should be a fluid rank, I still think people who are inactive should be demoted

What you see as inactive might not be viewed by others as inactive.

Does anyone remember some of the really old elites like Cr00k3d(I think thats how it was spelled)? Those guys had the elite rank when they were straight up gone and would come around once in a TechDawg. The rank and issue of inactivity has really been cleaned up from back then. Removing people like absox/whomever from elite really won't make a difference.

(wishline quote)
"New people and things aren't happening because we don't have a fun and active community".

This part is the problem with your chart. There are many other factors, more influential factors, than the "fun and active community".
Our community is plenty active, people posts in lots of threads. New members are often scared away by the complexity of other peoples tracks, or/and don't find the game at all because it is a very old flash game/toy. Younger people also don't have the patience they used to. It's all about immediate gratification nowadays, especially with games. A lot of newer games are also easier, and grasping tougher tricks in LR can be frustrating.

I'd say there are many factors and a whole discussion could be made on it's own (as it has been many times) about new members.

". What exactly has happened in the last year which made everybody so defeatist? "
Probably the last year isn't the correct amount of time. Time passes a lot faster than it used to. Probably more like 1.5 or 2 years.

"is surely to keep doing stuff for the forum, as members - especially elite ones. "
What is this stuff you speak of.

"Elites are getting so little from posting meaningful stuff on the public board, what does that suggest about their commitment and sense of responsibility to - and most importantly, enjoyment of, the forum? "
Again, what is this meaningful stuff?
Do you mean just posting in track threads or what? To me you are making it seem like there is just so many things to do when in reality there really isn't that much. Posting in a track thread isn't going to make much of a difference and I would much rather anyone, not just elites, to not feel forced to post in a thread just so they seem "active" and "contributing."

"Otherwise the community just closes in on itself more and more and nobody new would feel welcome."
I don't think our community shoes away new members at all (although this used to be a problem because people would just say they are bad, but as far as I know this is no longer true). I think we are a pretty welcoming group of people.

"Do you see where I'm going with this as a whole? I think people need to show - maybe re-acquire in some cases - their enthusiasm for the game that brought everybody here and keep plugging away at it until the community gets going again."
I get what you're trying to do, however I don't really think I fully agree.
In addition, you're saying people should play the game even though they don't want to? Or show their enthusiasm by posting in track threads or something? Also, the idea of the community getting going again is a bit unrealistic, depending on what you mean by get going again.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:11 pm

mhenr18 wrote:Well s***, I guess I'm a bit of an outlier then xD
The echelon wasn't even that interesting, so this kinda confuses me.
You've always been a giant outlier in just about everything xD
ryderofthelines wrote:The number of elites should not exceed past what we have now(or around there). If that were the case nearly everyone would be receiving the rank, and that is not what it is for.
Not true - our number of elites has increased over the last year or two, just very slowly. As long as those same members are still around and they don't screw up big time, they'll be elite, but this doesn't mean we won't promote more if they deserve it just because we already have a bunch. It's not an easy rank to get, so even though we may have more elites in the future, we won't ever get to the point of nearly everyone is elite, unless joining stops completely and many of the current greys change their ways quite a lot.
ryderofthelines wrote:although some may have deserved it in the past does not necessarily mean they deserve it now. Elite should not be taken away right way imo. But over time if they post/show up 1-3 times a month that does not reflect the elite rank properly. People should have to STAY active once they earn the rank, just because earning/deserving the rank doesn't mean you stop doing what you used to, after all that is why they earned the rank.
The only one this is true for (if you include echelon) is Commandercoke, and we don't want to demote him just yet because he was such a fantastic elite for such a long time (especially with the running LAOTW thing)
WishLine wrote:What exactly has happened in the last year which made everybody so defeatist?
Activity slowed a huge amount.
WishLine wrote:the colour and the status should go members who are making all the contributions, and enjoying it.
The forum is mostly static, WishLine. The only people who are still trying to make some sort of major contributions are tryhards like yourself. There' not much of a point in having big policy overhauls, it's all pretty silly when you have under a hundred semi-active members
WishLine wrote:Okay, well if we define the word 'contributing' as meeting the criteria on which Elite Riders are picked in the first place, basically - and continuing to sustain that after promotion.
Ok, let's see. Being mature, nice, knowing Line Rider, reacting to sticky situations in a constructive and positive manner, being around for a long time, and consistently coming back to the forum. Sounds good to me. Every elite we have follows those rules.
WishLine wrote:"We can't make contests and a fun and active community because we don't make tracks"
"We can't make tracks because we're out of ideas"
"We're out of ideas because new people and new discoveries aren't being made"
"New people and things aren't happening because we don't have a fun and active community".

In fact, it may be more complicated than that. I might do a flowchart or something xD
It's actually pretty damn simple. Less people are playing Line Rider.
WishLine wrote:A four stage circle. We need to break it. If people contributed - and, coming back to the original point, Elites contributed as much as what got them promoted in the first place - then that might jumpstart WrtL again.
So more threads like this and every other thread you've been spewing over the last two weeks will bring back the old IRTL? Give me a break. The cool part of the old IRTL was the tracks being released every day, the contests, the collabs, the discoveries, the competitions, and everything that went with it. Threads like the ones you've been making were the unavoidable cringe-worthy side-effects of having an active forum.

Yeah, it's changed. Back in 2007/2008 it was all about changes to the forum for me - but those aren't really necessary anymore because there are so few people still playing.

In my opinion, the livestream is hands-down the best thing we've got going for us right now, and its existence is the reason the forum has been active recently.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:In my opinion, the livestream is hands-down the best thing we've got going for us right now, and its existence is the reason the forum has been active recently.

Yeah, the livestream is the most active part of the forum. It's also the newest, yet every other new idea that seems to come up you shoot down with a firey passion. The logic makes no sence. Based on that train of thought, new ideas should be what we should be proposing, instead of sitting back and enjoying the livestream activity while it lasts.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 pm

^This
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 am

Opal Rider wrote:every other new idea that seems to come up you shoot down with a firey passion. The logic makes no sence.
This makes me pretty upset. What ideas have I "shot down with a fiery passion"? Specifics, please, don't just say "everything about Unleashed" because that's a complete lie. I'm so sick of people not actually reading my posts and seeing everything about that debate in black and white, and therefore assuming that I somehow hate new features.

If you're talking about this thread... do you really think "promote and demote elites more easily" is a new innovative idea? It's not, and I've been hearing people argue about it since the rank began in 2007. You're ignorant if you think this is some sort of innovative new concept.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:08 am

Opal Rider wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:every other new idea that seems to come up you shoot down with a firey passion. The logic makes no sence.
Dafuq? You think rabid comes to every idea and declines blindly it because they're new? No. He declines them because they are effing stupid. Your logic makes no sense.

Last edited by Rafael on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 am

The only only Ideas I've seen rabid delcine are just ridiculously stupid ones. I mean alot of people said the livestream wasn't going to work, but he didin't decline that?

Anyway Elite title is only given to people who have been around for a while and generally uphold the rules. It would be pointless if it were easy to get/lose. The only real option is to make a whole new title, but I doubt that will happen.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:49 am

Conundrumer wrote:make new line rider
re-acquire enthusiasm
Brevity is the soul of wit

*ahem* We basically decided to "decline" this idea on the first page. Now we're on page three and we're at each others' throats. CLOSED

We don't hate change, we just want changes that aren't pointless/stupid. This one is rather pointless IMO, for reasons previously explained. But that's okay.

I really think that a few changes would be good for the site. We haven't needed to "overhaul" anything in a very long time because we're awesome, but y'know, some spice couldn't hurt. I'd encourage everyone to see if they can think of something fun and easy that everybody would enjoy. But I REALLY wouldn't suggest anything about ranks; you'd very likely be wasting your own time.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum