We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabid's Video of the Week #16 - Quadrillennium by manuelman

+6
Cereal
CamQuartr
Helios Pavonine
darklight
Commandercoke
rabid squirrel
10 posters

Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #16 - Quadrillennium by manuelman Empty Rabid's Video of the Week #16 - Quadrillennium by manuelman

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Welcome to video of the week, where I pick a random video from my exceptional playlist and talk about it in depth Very Happy

----------

THIS WEEK'S VIDEO: #58

Quadrillennium by manuelman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNo6FfrHluw

This was one of the first successful attempts at scening a fling-based quirk. It may look a bit sloppy and awkward today, but you have to remember that this was early on in attempts to scene flings, and it was revolutionary and groundbreaking for its time.

The IRTL thread is long since gone (though I remember anomaly saying great things about it), but the .org thread is not: http://www.linerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28743
It received legendary, though there was some digression. But as Leetacris said, "I haven't seen many scened flings before (if any)"

It's also impressively consistent throughout, and was a very large amount of scenery, though the linecount is not to be found anywhere.

It was entered in ToC2. It blazed through round 1 but then ran into Nocturna by Nirobi in round 2, which it lost to by one vote. It then easily won two "loser rounds", easily defeated Leap of Faith by Cephyric to earn a place in the Sweet Sixteen, and then was finally defeated by KING, which went on to win second place.

Ultimately, this is probably one of the most underrated tracks out there. We've forgotten what this did for scenery - it showed us that scening flings was possible.

Also, I just realized that I've been typing it with one "n" instead of two. oops lol
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #16 - Quadrillennium by manuelman Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #16 - Quadrillennium by manuelman

Post by Commandercoke Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 am

Oh wow! I forgot about this! So awesome.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #16 - Quadrillennium by manuelman Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #16 - Quadrillennium by manuelman

Post by darklight Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:27 pm

ahh, here it is! I was searching for this track on youtube the other day but I couldn't remember the name. I love the way he made sort of nets out of the vines, I might use that.
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:34 pm

He should change his name to quirkman xD I like revolutionary tracks in a way, they're not impressive but still good examples of the evolution of Line Rider, like this one!

It's a sad thing we don't invent as much as we did in the past. It was fun to discover new things, but now we make our track with already-discovered stuff. If anybody knows what I mean... :P
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:41 pm

awesome track, awesome scenery, awesome review

also, yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of the track Wink

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:16 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:It's a sad thing we don't invent as much as we did in the past. It was fun to discover new things, but now we make our track with already-discovered stuff. If anybody knows what I mean... :P
You wouldn't know, but people have been saying this since 2007, and somehow we keep inventing things :P

also lol @ how I posted this two weeks ago and suddenly got a lot of replies today xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:29 pm

I agree! I'm sick of people complaining about how "everything has been discovered", when we still keep finding new things here and there.

(When I first joined before alt flings were invented most people thought that everything was discovered.)
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:37 pm

that was some awesome scenery :O
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:26 pm

I love this track:D
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:35 pm

I love this SO much. It's really inspiring and the song is epic too 8D
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by WTB Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and I kinda have to say my opinion on this track was a bit different.

I remember when this track first came out. My reaction can pretty much be summed up with "It was pretty cool, I guess"

First off, the music. I know I shouldn't complain about the music on ANY track; nobody should. But saying the music didn't change my impression would be dishonest. I didn't like SSBB, and I'm not going to lie, I groaned when the video started.

Secondly, from my perspective, the scenery isn't all that impressive. YES, he integrated flings and scenery pretty well, and a lot of tracks don't do that, but when I first saw the vid, I didn't think "WOW, this is innovative!"
And I still don't.
If I were to imagine any sort of scened fling, this would not be the first thing to pop into my head, the first thing would probably be Spacial Harmony from Crossing Worlds, made by Anomaly.

Anyways, like I was saying, the scenery.
It was alright, but it was just a whole lot of nothing, or at least it seemed that way to me. I'm not asking for super complex scenery; the complexity wasn't what threw me off, it was the fact that most of it is just....indefinite, you know? Nothing really stands out to me. And by "stand out" I don't mean monuments either :|

Although, even if it may not seem like it, I was a huge fan of maneulman (Is he still around on .org?)
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum