We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superluminal Motion ★ Chuggers

+7
Sheldon
Lukking
Apple
OTDE
rabid squirrel
ScrungleBlumpkus
Chuggers
11 posters

Go down

Superluminal Motion ★ Chuggers Empty Superluminal Motion ★ Chuggers

Post by Chuggers Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:26 pm

STRONGLY recommended that you watch these four videos before watching the track, trust me.

I could not have made this track without learning the perfect fling technique from sadboys (namely dap), and i'm very sorry that I forgot to put them in the credits. i hope an annotation is good enough guys ;-;

Disclaimer: The text videos are not directed at anyone.  I just wanted to make something a little extra in addition to the track.
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Superluminal Motion ★ Chuggers Empty Re: Superluminal Motion ★ Chuggers

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:39 pm

This deserves to be in the top ten tracks of all time.

This shows a mastery of flow, rotation, syncing, technique, and general creativity. You took the word highspeed and took it to a fucking savage level.

Sorry raf, sorry kram, sorry even Sheldon (blackheart was great) but Chuggers wins at highspeed.
Goddamn.

Change your signature.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:22 am

Reminds me of Tachyonic

It's cool how, now that you can work frame-by-frame with the camera following Bosh, the actual speed of Bosh becomes sort of irrelevant in highspeed quirk. Like, this was very high intensity but the screen was mostly static and/or blank most of the time. Easy to forget that it's actually going really fast because there's not much in the way of points of reference most of the time. Nice use of snappy rotation to sync with the beat (without that this would have been quite dull) but the stacks and the flings that really solidly lock into place made it fun to watch (and it's an impressive length at over 3 minutes!). Though I was a little let down at 2:57 as I was hoping for something more than what had happened in the track already after a monstrous buildup like that. I am curious how you manage to control Bosh's rotation so well in this track, if you want to share any secrets I am all ears :P

I'm sorry I haven't been leaving comments on your tracks lately. I really liked your 3 precisely synced quirks (hopefully will get quick reviews of those up very soon) and I am quite excited to see what you do next. But I maybe could do with a little less hype xD

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:42 am

I have mixed feelings about this track.

I like that there was a clear sense of pacing. I think the syncs were incredibly precise. I like that you attempted to establish some kind of narrative. There are definitely moments where I'm thinking "how did he do that?" And as a technical display it's crazy good. There's lots to love about the work and detail and technicality that went into this. I'm also a huge sucker for soundfonts, so those voices hooked me in from the start.

That being said:

There's only so much you can do with highspeed syncing, and after the track goes on long enough, it shows. Position switching is cool, but after the drop and the initial rush it began to feel like that's all there was to it.

The narrative felt a bit ham-fisted. I got this kind of wish-fulfillment vibe, you know? Like in Sonic the Hedgehog fanfics, where the self-insert protagonists get all the Chaos Emeralds, and they totally kick Eggman's butt. Granted, it was executed brilliantly, but outside of that, I personally don't find that kind of storyline particularly interesting.

I'm not 100% sure I believe the disclaimer, but I'll roll with it I guess.

There's enough going on here to make this track both interesting and important. In the future, I'd focus less on making an important track and more on making an interesting one—it'll become important if your track is interesting enough. Regardless, this is both, and I look forward to seeing what you make next.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:50 am

I'm with rabid on the hype thing. After a while, I was telling myself "this has better be the best freaking track..." You'll be happy to know that with all the hype (and how much harder I try to find something I don't like about a track when so much hype exists), I could not find anything wrong with this track. I think you lived up to the hype with this.

Very impressive track. I loved the syncs throughout. My mouth actually opened when I saw some of the tricks in there. The lore was a nice touch to the whole track. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:39 am

lots of cool synchs i love the buildup to the 2nd drop! would have liked some manuals in the mix.
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:58 am

Fuck a GOAT, this shit is the LAMB Latest and motherfucking best.
If you believe this track was over hyped.. Well sorry, you were wrong this track was underhyped. Even if you don't understand quirk and are incapible of understanding just how important and rediculously insane this is. You can certainly understand the unprecedented levels of music syncing (which was done incredibly precisely(accurately?) and professionally.) Infact it didn't even take an LR player to see it. I showed my GF who I show a good amount of tracks (those worth seeing) she responded with this fit the music better than any track she has ever seen. It doesn't take an expert, gentlemen.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:00 am

I'm sure I am incapable of understanding how difficult this was to make.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 am

The spacing between lines feels like +400ppf at one point, am I correct?

Also, every single time I have my mind blown by an absolutely above-all-expectations fuckaroo like this one, I worry that it may be the last time the game sees something so innovative, new, and inspiring.
But again and again, something smashes my whole view of the game, much like this track has.

I just came by to point out that you could've used the wilhelm scream for the death of voice dude

Also the credits sync nicely to the music you chose, is that on purpose?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by shammies Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:21 pm

good shit go౦ԁ sHit

1:43 with the foot wiggle was fucking awesome!
shammies
shammies

I'm the auts guy around here!

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:50 pm

*fucking dies*
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Technically wise. This was really incredible, but there was so little variation in the track that it all looked the same after a while. I felt a bit bored near the end and checked the time bar to see how much time was left. Everything was well made, but so consistent that I lost interest near the end. I will probably watch in slow motion later to figure out how to do some of these things and I hope you'll use what you've learned here to make a track with some of these ideas and tricks, but make it more interesting presentation wise (ie add in some manuals or some compact quirk to change of up the pacing a bit). This is still very unique idea and after a few people start playing around with this style it could turn into something even more cool, like what happened when advanced kramual techniques were discovered.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:10 am

theacp127 wrote:Technically wise. This was really incredible, but there was so little variation in the track that it all looked the same after a while. I felt a bit bored near the end and checked the time bar to see how much time was left. Everything was well made, but so consistent that I lost interest near the end. I will probably watch in slow motion later to figure out how to do some of these things and I hope you'll use what you've learned here to make a track with some of these ideas and tricks, but make it more interesting presentation wise (ie add in some manuals or some compact quirk to change of up the pacing a bit). This is still very unique idea and after a few people start playing around with this style it could turn into something even more cool, like what happened when advanced kramual techniques were discovered.

I share the same sentiment.

However, this makes me interested in making a high speed track to see the challenges that were faced in this track. I think that would help me appreciate this track better.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:44 pm

^This is something I encourage people to try out

Also I'm not trying to say this from a standpoint of "I know technique really well so I must be alone in my opinion here," so please try to understand that I'm trying to point out something I think should be said

This track, while technical and brilliant, uses a fling technique which is not overly difficult. I don't want people to be afraid to try it out, because if anything this was probably much easier to make than a lot of other things he's made before. That's part of why it was made so quickly, and why it was such a long track.
The technique for making these flings is, and trust me on this, the easiest fling technique there is and it also makes the flings wayyyy more appealing to watch. Chuggers will reveal it, I want him to have that honor. But I encourage people to use it once you all know, it's probably the first innovation in flings since they were invented. When SCG invented animation and we all realized how easy it could be, we all freaked out but now tons of animation has been made. This could be the same way. I'm not saying this track was easy to make, there are many factors besides the fling technique that make this track mindblowing to me (rotation, sync, flow, all of that jazz)

I can see that it isn't non-technical, but part of the goal (I feel) of this track was to showcase that technique doesn't have to be a roadblock for epic trackmaking.

Okay I'll stop posting on this. It's just so exciting! Very Happy
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:45 pm

I thought it might be appropriate to clear up the story a bit. I'll admit the color choice was inspired by ranks, but the characters are intended to be grossly-exaggerated, and I thought that it would be more obvious than it was perceived. I just wanted an over-the-top ridiculous but incredibly simple and shallow story, because it fits the "hype" cliche. I did not mean for it to attack any single person, that is just uncalled for.

Also, I'm sorry for not responding to any of the posts in this thread, and I most likely still will not make any replies to them. They all have something to say, and they are all unique (which should be the gold standard for commenting), but I don't want to dig myself into a hole by saying something I shouldn't, because I feel like very few people really "get" what this track is supposed to mean.

Again, I'm sorry to those who felt attacked by the lore and track videos.
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum