We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER]

+7
rabid squirrel
OTDE
Votale
anton
Z_N-Freak
ScrungleBlumpkus
Rafael
11 posters

Go down

Vote for your favorite video!

Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER] Vote_lcap31%Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER] Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]
Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER] Vote_lcap69%Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER] Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER] Empty Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER]

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:28 pm

One of these will be eliminated, the other will move on to round 3!

Entries:

1. COME TO DADDY
  2. Catalyst

Rules:
- Watch both tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- Please don't vote for yourself
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER] Empty Re: Round #2 - Poll #6 [TIEBREAKER]

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Spoiler:
Voted for both in the poll (and I only voted for five total) so I had to rewatch them both. I was expecting to vote for C2D but I can't vote for it over Catalyst. It may be my all-time favorite "standard" manuquirk even though I can't really explain why. I love every second of it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Sorry Come To Daddy, Catalyst is my favourite manual track ever. I didn't expect this to be so one-sided though o.O
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Sometimes it's SUPER clear how well one track stacks up against another for various reasons.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:40 am

Catalyst is amazing for the smooth manuals, but in some places I see some things that I would want to change (e.g. weak pinch 1:10, strange XY drop 1:58). Come to Daddy is arguably perfectly executed for what it is. Alternative, strange, quirky and SCARY. That's just an amazing feat for a Line Rider track, to give you a "scared" feeling. I don't think there is any other track like this out there and I'd love to see it move on to the next rounds.

CTD gmv
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:45 pm

One of my fav manual tracks vs line boosting abuse. Pretty obvious for me. lol
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:23 pm

Votale wrote:One of my fav manual tracks vs line boosting abuse. Pretty obvious for me. lol
So bias..

Let me try.
Line boosting abuse vs no real flow
Pretty obvious to me
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Anton wrote:
Votale wrote:One of my fav manual tracks vs line boosting abuse. Pretty obvious for me. lol
So bias..

Let me try.
Pretty obvious to me

My opinion = bias. That's sick. Me preferring a track over another is biased if it doesn't match yours. Yay!

I would say that you're insane for thinking CTD (herky-jerky) has more flow than Catalyst, but I'd be called a douche for having a differing opinion prolly. Ending of CTD also hurt me inside.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Y̷̦͎̱̜̬̜͕̝̜͔ͯͨ̆ͣ̾͌̅ͪͦ̄͠ͅƠ̫̮̭̭͖̗̺̥͒̏ͩ̑̋͛͂͠͠͞ͅU̷̧̨̘̺̦͔͖͔͓̲͚̰͔̦̙̥̝ͬ͆ͤͪͮͨͦͭ̀̎͐ͧ̐͝͠R̵̢̧͙͚͇̲̯̻̘̯̙͕̣̗̯͎̖̤̙̬͆̐͐͋ͫ͆̕ ̴̴̷̴͍̤̘̦̠̟̲̘̫͖̏́̓͑͆ͥ̚͡ͅP̷̢̨̺̱̠̖̩͍̯̥̜̫͉̪̦ͫ̋̊̂ͤͤ͑̆́̕A̺̟̬͉̥͉̲͓̰̜͙ͧͤ̂ͪ̇̂̋ͣ͊ͦ͐̽̎̈́̍ͮ͆̈ͨ̀́͘͢I̝̦̩̰̘̯̫͚͎͕̞͇̝̰̺͖͖ͥ̓͊ͯ̍̐ͩ̆̿ͨ̍̏̑ͩͦ͂͢͝N̴̶̝͓̼̱̙̩͓͚̖̼̠̗̼͚͖̳̣͎ͨ͒ͯ̂ͥ̿̈́̋̓ͧ̽͐̽ͦͥ ̟̮̗͚͎͉̜̘̞̞̖̝̩̱̼̘̗͍̑ͭ̀̌͗̇͆ͥ̀͘͜ͅF̸̸̸̼͕͔̝̈̍̃ͦ̔͜E̸͉͇͇̣̦̼̯͔͉̙̱͓̼͚̮͇͕̔͐ͣ̈͒͛̇̊̎ͤ̂͜Ë́̑͛͗̂̑̐͛̂̽͐ͨ́̇̾͏̼͖̯̪̘̲̮͈̞͈̝͈̗̼̻͕͎ͅD̟̦̳̯̪̝̪ͪͮ̊͆̑̓̌̈̈̓̌ͪ͛̔̈́̀̕͜ͅŞ̷̡̛͈̟̥͍̯̳͔͚̯̘͚̪͚̹̳́͂̋̎̉̐̇ͬͤ̏̒ ̸̷͔͖͓̝̭̠͖͔͔͈̞̯̝͈̮̻̯ͭ̂ͧͭ̚͘͜͡ͅD̸͊ͤ̅̍ͧ҉̸̝̠͇͚͍͓̼͎̰̠̣̟̥̤̰̹A̷̸̘͕̪̝̩̬̪̻̩̬ͥ̒͋̈́ͪ́̚͢D̶̿ͧ̄̽͒͢͏̨͙̖̗̖̣̣͕̖͓̳͓̖̳̩̠͓̼D̶̨̥̰̝̣̠͇̖̜̝̽̓̉̓ͪ̕͝Ỳ̙͇̱͉̹̭̤̗͐ͬ̉̈̋ͧ̍̔̄͂̅̑ͥ̓͊̔͆ͥ̕͝͞
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Votale, you should learn to express an opinion without taking a shit on everyone who doesn't agree with you.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:56 am

Easiest poll so far. Fresh, cool, unconventional quirk with the best use of line abuse to date vs a generic(boring) maual track. It's literally just manuals...
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:22 am

Votale wrote:
Anton wrote:
So bias..

Let me try.
Pretty obvious to me

My opinion = bias. That's sick. Me preferring a track over another is biased if it doesn't match yours. Yay!

I would say that you're insane for thinking CTD (herky-jerky) has more flow than Catalyst, but I'd be called a douche for having a differing opinion prolly. Ending of CTD also hurt me inside.
I don't judge tracks solely on a single aspect of track making. Especially when stacking two so vey different tracks against each other. That would be like judging a lightbulb and a slice bread based on taste. (I've heard of a man who eats lightbulbs for a living, but ignore that for the sake of the analogy). Also, i voted catalyst, but hey, could've gone either way.

Catalyst is an awesome track. But CTD is so much more than just a track. It provokes feelings no other line ridee track has EVER provoked before. In my opinion the release of CTD was a step further into the realm of mainstream art. But i guess catalyst is also pretty dank
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:05 am

Lukking wrote:It's literally just manuals...
Not saying you should've voted for Catalyst, but if that's how you think of manual tracks you really underappreciate them..
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:09 pm

Rafael wrote:
Lukking wrote:It's literally just manuals...
Not saying you should've voted for Catalyst, but if that's how you think of manual tracks you really underappreciate them..

I think he was trying to make a point.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:29 pm

As much as I love the presentation of CTD, I gotta go with Catalyst. It has this 'soul' I can't really describe, but it makes me happy and satisfied and nostalgic.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Eh, Anton takes a shit on anybody who isn't as objective as he'd like:
It's perfectly okay in my opinion to have a bias. But then, that's bias.
*pot stirs violently*

Oh and I voted for catalyst simply because I felt like it was a better track than C2D. I have a deep appreciate for manuals, partly because I myself am very unskilled at them
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Time for me to inject my opinion!

Now, you might be thinking, "OTDE, Bing ain't around to defend his track, not fair, broski." And I get that-- that's why I'm saying that if I could vote, I'd probably vote for Catalyst.

Catalyst is a rare manual track, in that it's smooth and controlled without feeling like it tries too hard. It does something simple, and it does it really, really well.

That's not to say I'm not proud of C2D! I did a pretty weird thing that's hard to find anywhere else! But it's not executed NEARLY as well as I'd have liked it to be, looking back. It's got some sloppy moments. It's got lots of editing that isn't as refined as I'd have liked.

So C2D had some new ideas. But in terms of execution, Catalyst outclasses it by a wide margin.

All that being said.

This is what I believe. I do not begrudge others for having opinions different than mine, and understand that other people may prefer one track or another for different sets of values and reasons. I do not hold my own opinion on a pedestal above everyone else's and treat it as objective fact. It is one in a sea of other sparkly and beautiful opinions! I think that's great.

Also, a word from [REDACTED].

M̢ͦ̋̿̓̎̾̋ͩͧ͊͗́͝͠͏̘͕͈̯̠̮̼̳͕̪͙̭Ẏ̵͙͕͕͉̲̠̮͍̻͕͎̱͉ͬ̐̄ͣ͐̑͌̄͑̽̂́͜ͅ ̶̢̛͎͎̪͎̲̖̙̦ͤͥ̂̊̔̌͆̉̀̾̋ͨ̋̓̆N̦̫̮͚̯̱͎̫͕̆̑ͧ̕͡E̴̶͈͙̣͍͛̾̓̃̏̔̀͘͟X̛̼̥͓̬͚̳̺̘͌ͮ̐̽̐̈́̾̅͋͂͑ͯ̒ͤ̉͒͌͢T̵̨̖̻̱͔̲̲̻͚̖̅̊ͤ͊ͪͪ̏̅̔ͭ̂̄̽̍̌͌̀͜ ̷̵̡̼̪̪̟̙̺̥̬̯̬̹͍̦̪̮̊ͯͥ̊͑̀ͅV̷̧̢̙͓̯̺̠̣̮̤̳͖̥̱̮̳͈̞̂̏̀ͩ͛ͨ͢Ẽ̖̬͎̻̗̅͊̐̋̓̈́͗͒̕͡N̘̺͖̩͙̥̆̓̀̎̈̈ͤ̋ͣͧ̈́̕͢͡͝T̷̨̢̳̟̰̰̩̺̙͈̫̣̣͉̭̟ͩ̍̑̑͗̍ͪ̊̓͊̅̄ͪ͐̀ͩͥ̚Û̐̂͗͌̂ͭ̅ͯ̽̂͌ͫ̉͜͏̧̹̺̥̦͖̤̹̭̜̫̱̱̤͇̮ͅR̸̜̟̘͈̻̪̠̬͍̼̹͕̳̟̙̠ͯͦ̉̋ͯ͆ͨ̄̊ͬ̾̊̌̊̆͡Ë̸̡̗̜͉̞͎̤̭̘̯̈́ͮͯ̅ͦͧ̀̚ͅ
̨̛̯͔̮̖̼̙̳̭̬̰̮̥̤̻̤̼̋̓̉ͣͬ̍͋̆͛̉̓̈́͠S̆͌̄͌ͩ͛̓̚̕͏҉̛͍͓̲̗͙̥͕͜H̸̭̳͔̘̠̣͖̰̥͓̫̦͍̦̦͔̉ͨ̓ͥ̓͂͋͜͢A̴̵̧̲̤̻͖̟̗͉ͪ̑̂̽̀͑ͭ͆ͦ͂́ͅL̴̩̹͚̩͚̼̗̞̠̙̟̘̠̍͋ͧ͒̀̕͟Ḽ̵̠̞̜͍̭̫̻̗̥̻̗͎̣̞̙̠̘̔̅͂ͮ̇ͫ͑̓ͪ͛͋̑̆̋ͧ̆͢͡͡ ̛̓̑̊ͮ̅̾́̑ͬ̒ͥ͏̨͏̫͚̹̮̗͓̝̮̻̥̩̥̯̞͎B̿ͥͮ͏̡̬̘̖̘͕̫͔̼̠̦̦̞̠ͅͅE̵̡͕̖̮͖̲̓ͤͪ͆́̓͋́͒ ̛̎ͭͨ̓̆҉͓͓̟̳̯̠̙̖̜̠͚V̸ͤ͋̐̎̆ͭ͏͠͏͈̖͉̤̥̺̼̱̝͖̗͚͔̜̦͇̻͟ͅE̴͓͚͚̙͉̿̋ͫ̐̃͗͒͊̄͟͡R̸̢̖̞̟̰̪͙̥͓͍̮̣͖͕̲̩ͧͮͭ͛̾ͥͬͭ͛̄ͭ̆͊͊̊̈́͐͘͘͟Y̜̟̟͈͉̪̠͕̹̠̪̘̳̫̮̳͛͆̄ͯ̿͆̇ͫ́̕͞͡͠ͅ
͚̺̣̥̣̩̠̦̝͓͓͓̮̲͍̹ͩ̍ͧ̇͆͑̆ͤͨ̌̈͑ͯ̚͞͠V̺̘̗͖̬̘͖̦̰̦̯͈̰̦̝̍ͣ̓͂̑̔ͦ̌ͫͪ̑̿̇̉̃͟͠͞E̴ͩ̽ͬ͊̍̾͐͊ͪ͊̆ͫͤ̈̀͏͎͚̗̟̯͕͉͈͖͉̩̦Ř̺̜͕͍̐̎ͩ̄͆̑ͥ̆̏́ͨ̋́͢͡ͅͅȲ͎̺̙̹͉̱̜̻̯͔͚̭̙̱̑͒ͤ̿͒̓̎̓͑̔̈́̀̓̋̾̄͢͝
͒͂̉̑̎̄͆̽̓̿͏̨̩͕̜̲̰͓̼.̧̻̝̩̦̞̽ͬͮ̑̃̈́̚͜͠ͅ.̨̺͙̬̯͇̯͈̞̻͎̠̬̼̰̪̯̬̾̇ͪ̈́͛̈̆̋̑̌̽ͦͬ̋͌͋ͤͣ̀͝͠.̍̓ͥ̅̀ͧ̄̅͗̅̉̐͒̚͝҉͇̗͉͍͎̟̲͙͕͉͓̼͕̘̝̱̪̕͜
̴̨̲͈͖̱̼̠͍͙̼͍̮ͮ̏̈́͊̋ͭ͂́̀̚Î̷̡̠̫̜̗͈͍̹͇͚̠̣̮͋̃̋Ņ̸̨̨̤̝͚̟̟̲͙̦̩̞̻̗̇̐͆̍ͧ̐͂͑̀Ṯ̶̳̭̠̖̪̞̬̭̺ͮ͐͂̈̑ͨ́̀Ḛ̡̢̢̨̦̪͙̭̣̝̭͇͇̫̑͋ͤ̎̋̒̄̅͑̔̊͆ͬ̚R̡̨̛̭͙͖̜̹͇̬͕̼̥͎̮̭̗̻͓̈ͧ̈́̇̆́̚ͅĘ̫̤̮͉͚̮͚͚̪̪̳̀̅̓̃̾̾ͯ͐͜͢S̸̏͒ͭ̅͘͘҉͓̝̖̟͙̫̳̙̲̬̗͎̺̪͇͕T͑̎͋̉̃ͫ̅͋͊ͮͣ̀͏̧̘̪̱͉͖̗̻̥͓͓̤̩͉̠͞ͅĮ̧̛̮̹̥̼̝͉̜̱̟̯̳̲ͬ͌̆͗̑͊̑͘N̢ͥ̔ͭ̌̎ͬ̌ͯ҉̢̺̯̳̟͇͈̬̱̣͎͚͖̗̘͔̲̞̯ͅĞ̶̢̗̟͕̻͖̘͖̺̞̘͂ͨͭ̊̏͋̿ͤ͢͡
̷̡̥̬̯̻͚͎ͩͩͯ̂̓͋̉̊͊͞ͅ.̷̡̢̬̭̗̰̗͎͖̲̜̝̯̪̠̞̼̙̑ͪ̎ͣ͂͌͗̄̀͘ͅͅ.̛̼̻̯͚͌̽͆ͤ͛̽̅ͩ̉ͮ́͞͠͠.̜̩͎̪͐̓̐͂ͩ͋̕͠͡
̨̖̬͓͈̖̪͈͕͚͇͕̿̄ͧ̋̿̐̆ͥ̈̆̈ͯ̿͛̅͐͟͞͝H̠̩̪̫̹̝̭̘̪͓̘̺͈͕͕̦͎͔̓͌̈̐̎̄̃͐ͯͤ̋ͭ͢Ơ̸̧͚͉̫̬̤̳̪̯̪͍͖̝̻͈͇̦͚̏ͬͤͮ̀͐̓̇̆̊̆͒ͣ̆͜͝W̟̥̥͖̟͓͚̦͊ͤͦ̈́ͦͯ͘͟͠ ͔̳͚̠͚͚͉͇̱̜̳̪͖̳̬̼̖̏ͪ̔ͣͯ̇̂̌ͧ̍̒̃ͭͩ̿ͪ̽͢͞D̷̻̙̪̗̫̘̹̱͕̻̮̞͙͕͓̻̪͚̆̆ͥͤ̓̓͠Ō̴̴̥̼̤̫̞͎̣̆̔̂̃̈́͑͋̃ͬ̎͌̕Ė͎̗͙̪͉͈͉̝͆͋ͣ͗̀͂̊͊̎͆̒̅̃̏ͨͭ̋͘͞͞ͅS̙̲̞̦͇̱̬͉̼̙̱̭̮̯ͫ̒̊̌̓̀̆̿̽͋ͬͫͩ̋̈́ͪ͠ ̴̶̵̜̦͇̟̻̝̺̫̠̜̺̬̼̱̥͊̔̅́̑̓ͪ̎̌̽̾̾ͬͫͥ́̈ͣ͘͜ͅT̛̩̫̬̹̻̮̦̗̩̊̓͌̏͘͟ͅͅH̴̶̃ͭͧ̓ͯ͞͏̯̹̲̼͈̱̩̤̥̮A̯̺̤͈̤̤̞ͥ̅ͧ͌̾͡ͅT̡̧̤͓̣̦̗̜̳̝̫͇̰̲̹̯̼̻̹͚̦ͦ͑́̌̄̎̄͡ ̛̝͔̝̮͎̗̝̙̟̙ͩ͛͊ͤ͐̍ͨͦ͊̓̄ͧ̚͝͡͝ͅM̡̜͚̯̞̖̩̞̗̺̾̒͆͑ͦͬ͑ͬ̽͂̓̀͘͠ͅA̷͇͉̜͍̖̦̳̥ͣ̑̏ͨ̂̋́̕K̸̫̯̩̰͓̝̩̓̽͋̉̒̎̎̚͠E̵̸̛̼̺̣͈̱̣͇͔͙̣̘ͬ̉̔ͯ͐͌ͦͩ͊̔̐̔͝͠ ̛̛̗̻̙̯͚̜̣̜͖̙̲̰̼͉͚̤̯͍̦ͦ̍͆̈́̑̑͑̐̆́͜͞Y̷͕͍̼̤͓̼͔̫̞̙͎̜̥̹̣͈͗̂̔ͨ̏̓̓͒ͣͧ̀̚̕͟ͅͅÒ̸̡̯͔̠͖̰͓̪͎͍̟̦̺̫̼͔̌̇ͪ͟͡͠ͅŲ̻̦̺̭̥͔̍̄̃́͊ͯͪ ̬͕̣̥̲̗͖̗̗̗͈̦̜͓͎̦̹̳̈́ͩ̍ͨ͛͒̓̿ͥͯ́̚͡F̏ͧͨͬ͆̽ͭ̄̅͂̿̎̄̃͑̓̄̌͏̨̰̫̞̞̝͔̠̩̮̬̫͚͎̞̰̙ͅͅͅEͭͣ̃̓ͧ͗ͫͪͤ͐̐̚͟҉̫̻̳̜̪̬̠̭̠͎͍͚̘̘̲̩E̴̸͔̥̲̗̼̬ͥͬ̒ͧ̆̉͒̊̆̋̓̍̌̓͛͘̕̕L̨̬̳͎̱̩͔̪͓̀ͫ͑̎̑͛̐ͭ̓͗͑͑̔ͤ͋͛̕͜͡͠?̸̡̟̦͍͎̳̬̠̩̮͉̼̭̻͐̌̀̾ͦ͑̆̐͛̈̅ͮ̽͛̇͘͡͠

Thank you for listening! Smile
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:26 pm

You guys put a lot of emotional energy behind your opinions. You have to realize how subjective deciding how good a track is and it can't be measured objectively so there's not much reason in trying to argue one is better.
C2D is an experimental track and Catalyst is not. If you like experimental stuff pick C2D and if you like traditional track making from 2009 pick Catalyst.
This tournament will eventually pick what tracks are the most legendary so ask yourself when voting, "Does this track deserve the title of legendary?"
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Catalyst advances to round 3, Come to Daddy is eliminated.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: