We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the most powerful track you've ever watched?

+7
theacp127
ScrungleBlumpkus
efrazable
rabid squirrel
Opal Rider
Chuggers
Wolf_Spirit
11 posters

Go down

What is the most powerful track you've ever watched? Empty What is the most powerful track you've ever watched?

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:10 pm

Like, emotionally powerful.
Probably mine is Handlebars by Rofl, more like anger than anything else, but damn is it conveyed well in the track! Really not sure if anyone's come up to that inrecidble standard of 'power' in a track since

Also, inb4 rabid says Happily Ever After 8D
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

What is the most powerful track you've ever watched? Empty Re: What is the most powerful track you've ever watched?

Post by Chuggers Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:57 pm

tbh, for me its live and let die

I can relive every second of making all the tracks that went into it, and some of them are nearing 6-7 years of age

I strongly recommend everyone attempt to make something like it, or even just go back and appreciate everything youve made, it really puts stuff into perspective
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

What is the most powerful track you've ever watched? Empty Re: What is the most powerful track you've ever watched?

Post by Opal Rider Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Lilac Wine had a lot of weight to it for me. I can agree with Chuggers though, a lot of my own personal tracks hold the most emotion for me, if not just because I know what was put into them at the time.

On a side note, tracks that didn't go over as well as the others hold more emotion for me than the ones that did, but that's probably human nature.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:43 pm

:| Disregarding that jab...

This is a really hard question.

The time I was most emotionally affected by watching a video was probably sempiternal. That project was my baby in MBF, and it was basically done and I was working on editing but then I got busy with college, and then I got depressed, and then months later one day I got an email notification from people commenting on the video, which had been edited by Inu and uploaded by Raf, and I watched the video and straight-up bawled. (It was months later before I actually showed up on the site again)

Phantasmagoric Heart's music and purpose made me misty eyed at the end.

The track that I would say today packs the most emotional punch for me.... Probably Eden 2, specifically gao's re-edit of it. Handlebars would be a close second.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:46 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Probably Eden 2, specifically gao's re-edit of it
oh god, this so hard

i still get goosebumps watching blue champion as well
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Most .boo tracks, especially Ghost and Ahead of the Curve.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:24 pm

Change by Kramwood is a big one for me, because the music was involved in a massive coincidence which sparked some of the most memorable chapters of my life.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:17 am

Handlebars, Eden 2, Vision, and Bolted to the Wall are all tied for me for different reasons. I've watch each one of these countless times. The first 3 because they all convey so much emotion and combine everything with sold Line Rider skill and great music choice. Bolted to the Wall is a childhood favorite of mine that I would watch and try to copy parts of it on my own. I could never quite draw that ending chair right. The music here again captures the energy and spirit of the track and suits it perfectly.

Last edited by theacp127 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:07 am

theacp127 wrote:Bolted to the Wall in a childhood favorite of mine that I would watch and try to copy parts of it on my own. I could never quite draw that ending chair right. The music here again captures the energy and spirit of the track and suits it perfectly.
This brought a smile to my face Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:15 am

I don't know why, but I get powerful, POWERFUL nostalgia every time I watch Halcyon. Also, editing Changeling and Olxympus was rough as hell. Felt a lot of pressure to make the editing as neat as possible.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:17 am

OTDE wrote:Changeling and Olxympus was rough as hell.

I was going to mention Olxympus, but I was scared it was such an overly obvious choice that I'd sound cliche.
I opened Phantom once after my first time seeing Olxympus, and I burst into a wailing sob. I haven't been able to work on it until today.
Releasing Anomaly was part of the grieving process.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:46 pm

Olxympus definitely, and this is love
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:57 pm

EoLR is definitely one. =p To me, it encapsulated 4-5 years of membership in one video.
BTTW is another. Smile It was years of effort, and being buds with rabid, I felt way more connected to it than I did with other famous "huge tracks".
gao's edit of Eden 2 was amazing as well.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Prime Blend. i cried when i saw the color playback
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum