We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet)

+12
Conundrumer
Sheldon
anton
JealousCloud
Rafael
Lukking
GhostY
Apple
roflmaoqwerty
efrazable
TCR
rabid squirrel
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet)

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Rafael wrote:Chuggers, it's much easier to do an infinite track if you ask me! All you have to do is make a vertical kramual while going upward. Then use an X line to make him stop  going upward and go downward (dead point). Then use a gwell to get him out.

https://imgur.com/xvp3cqT <- picture for illustration

If you recycle that kramual going upward again, the dead point will be at exactly the same spot, and the gwell will be recycled again, along with the entire track.

Inorder for this to work, you'd have to perfectly reset his horizontal position first so that the dead point gwell is used the exact same way each and every damn time. The only way to reset it is with a horizontal kramual. But to make sure that that is used the same way every time, you need a vertical...etc.
It all just gets far too complicated.

Sheldon and I tried almost exactly the same thing you suggested, raf. But the problem is (firstly that we used the wrong versions and we flipped his body the wrong direction) how precise the dead well must be.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet)

Post by Chuggers Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Sorry my posts concerning lonevampire's question are taking so long, they are pretty important in that they lay a lot of ground rules for basic tricks

also kramuals are really hard to explain in short, despite how much fewer trick variation they have compared to almost everything else

Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:34 pm

Anton wrote:There is something that hasn't been brought up yet, as far as my knowledge goes.

I've observed two different types of wells. It might be the same thing, but they seem to affect him differently. For now this is just speculation on my behalf.  

1. Wells that have a visable impact on contact points. You can see the contact line is jaunted to the black part of the well.
2. Wells that do not have a visable impact on the contact points. It is a registered hit, but no contact points are visably drawn towards the well. This occurs mainly when the well is far away.

Can someone confirm or contradict? Thanks

This is the case. After all contact points move from inertia and gravity, they alternate between being resolved by the constraints and colliding with lines, six times. It could be the case that a contact point collided with a g-well on the first few iterations, but not on the last one, which causes case 2.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:14 pm

kramuals are going to take a bit, i need to make everything explanable.

but here's manuals
manuals:
gwells; more coming soon, i need to show gwell-based trick physics
The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) - Page 2 9f903dcb58

edit: added all to the index, with some additional re-organizing
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:23 am

I like the style but some words are not easy to read.
Can you do one one kramuals/kramual cannons?
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:25 am

Wouldn't say backwards tail manuals are easier. Ever tried one at highspeed? :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:29 am

Rafael wrote:Wouldn't say backwards tail manuals are easier. Ever tried one at highspeed? :P
yes. and i too think that theyre easier ^^ especially all blue
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:15 am

Lukking wrote:
Rafael wrote:Wouldn't say backwards tail manuals are easier. Ever tried one at highspeed? :P
yes. and i too think that theyre easier ^^ especially all blue
Sorry, but your tailie in Catgroove was very wobbly. xD Try making one at full pressure and then you'll see how hard it is to balance him.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Rafael, the one Lukking made was the fastest blue tail manual on record, even if it was wobbly...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Lukking wrote:I like the style but some words are not easy to read.
Can you do one one kramuals/kramual cannons?
i transcribed all images in the index so you can read it in digital font and not my bad handwriting, i might just type out stuff on to the pictures from now on

also, yeah i could do a cannon one

I'd say they are easier to pressurize, also theres less area to mess up with when going backwards

when youre going forwards, you have the whole angle below the nose that you need to keep him out of

but it is really personal preference, should have added that to the description
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:10 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Rafael, the one Lukking made was the fastest blue tail manual on record, even if it was wobbly...
... And so we can deduce that forward tailies are easier than backwards ones? I don't really see where you're going here. You can't determine how hard it is to create a trick you've never made before (and I'm talking about well-balanced tailies).
Chuggers wrote:I'd say they are easier to pressurize, also theres less area to mess up with when going backwards

when youre going forwards, you have the whole angle below the nose that you need to keep him out of

:|
Try a fully, evenly pressured (!) backwards tail manual at highspeed. I've tried it many times and Bosh will continuously want to rotate clockwards into flatsled once you add pressure. The balance point is far less stable than when going forward. I doubt there's even a single decent backwards highspeed tail manual out there.

Last edited by Rafael on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Rafael wrote:... And so we can deduce that forward tailies are easier than backwards ones? I don't really see where you're going here. You can't determine how hard it is to create a trick you've never made before (and I'm talking about well-balanced tailies).
Just saying that
1) The fastest tail blue tail manual on record is backwards
2) Lukking made it
Therefore, maybe you should not condescend to Lukking?

Not saying I am an expert. But Lukking probably is.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:58 pm

Rafael wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:Rafael, the one Lukking made was the fastest blue tail manual on record, even if it was wobbly...
... And so we can deduce that forward tailies are easier than backwards ones? I don't really see where you're going here. You can't determine how hard it is to create a trick you've never made before (and I'm talking about well-balanced tailies).
Chuggers wrote:I'd say they are easier to pressurize, also theres less area to mess up with when going backwards

:|
Try a fully, evenly pressured (!) backwards tail manual at highspeed. I've tried it many times and Bosh will continuously want to rotate clockwards into flatsled once you add pressure. The balance point is far less stable than when going forward. I doubt there's even a single decent highspeed tail manual out there.

then you haven't been trying the right angle to pressurize. If you get the 2nd peg as close as it can be without touching the line while going backwards, and pressure it so, it works perfectly.
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:03 pm

Forward tails take a lot of acceleration to get pressured, and backwards are quite the opposite they just want to rotate out from under him.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:31 pm

I think it couldnt have been more balanced. The angle i chose for each line was the "best" one available (i tried multiple combinations).
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 pm

we need more
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:05 pm

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:we need more

ill just made tutorials and share my infinite line rider wisdom
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:51 pm

Well, this is cool. Way over my head, but cool!
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 am

This reminds me of something I did on irtl, but this is much better. About a 100 times or so.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum