We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament of Legends discussion thread

+10
SPL4SHZ0N3
ScrungleBlumpkus
Sheldon
Fauxfyre
Getthim
rabid squirrel
OTDE
efrazable
SethComposerGuy
Rafael
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tournament of Legends discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tournament of Legends discussion thread

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:07 pm

In light of our Cosmic Underworld discussion, here's a poll from ToC2 that is difficult to believe:
Tournament of Legends discussion thread - Page 2 Screen_Shot_2016_02_09_at_4_05_13_PM
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Tournament of Legends discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Tournament of Legends discussion thread

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Yeah I do find that hard to believe, 56 votes is so many
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:52 pm

wow, I actually dont believe that cosmic underworld beat transcendental

crazy how the perception of tracks change
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:22 pm

woops ok i guess ill start voting now
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:44 am

Well since nobody wanted to play Fantasy Football with ToL with me, I'll just say what my record is currently for 1st place guesses.

How wrong was I?

Poll 1: 100% correct
Poll 2: 2/3, Sahasrara went Round 2
Poll 3: 1/3, Fritz & Majesty went Round 2
Poll 4: 1/3, Remix Sessions 2 went Round 2 and Frobidden went to Round 4 at least
Poll 5: 2/3, Retrograde went to Round 4 at least
Poll 6: 2/3, KING went to round 3
Poll 7: 100%, since only two eliminated. Rek & Mountain Tech went to round 2 both eliminated
Poll 8: 1/3, Serein went to Round 3 & Cosmic Underworld went to Round 4 at least
Poll 9: 100% since only two eliminated, Blue Squirk went to round 2
Poll 10: 100% since only two eliminated,  Dark Matter went Round 2
Poll 11: 2/3 (only two eliminated, so I count High Pitch Round 2 elimination in), Trace went round 3. Abandon 2 made it to round 4 at least, but doesn't count to me as I said either Abandon 2 or Trace.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:06 am

Another big upset: Abandon 2 (ranked at 61) made it to round 3 over Party's Over (ranked at 14)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:09 am

Abandon 2 is beautiful
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:37 am

Chuggers wrote:wow, I actually dont believe that cosmic underworld beat transcendental

crazy how the perception of tracks change

I think I'd vote for CU over Transcendental still. I like Transcendental, but it's too spread out and the track itself is far less enjoyable imo, but it's a tough choice, as the scenery in Transcendental makes the track and is better than CU. Song choice in both tracks is very good, so ultimately it comes down to preference (which it basically always does, I know :p)
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:34 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Another big upset: Abandon 2 (ranked at 61) made it to round 3 over Party's Over (ranked at 14)

I'm just as surprised as you, although I'm very happy about it, sooooooo....

Also, you're one of the people who voted for it, and you're upset.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:18 am

I'm not upset about it rofl
up·set
noun
ˈəpsət/
an unexpected result or situation, especially in a sports competition.
"they caused one of last season's biggest upsets by winning 27–15"
synonyms: surprise win, shocker
"the Oilers' victory was a remarkable upset"
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:33 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:I'm not upset about it rofl
up·set
noun
ˈəpsət/
an unexpected result or situation, especially in a sports competition.
"they caused one of last season's biggest upsets by winning 27–15"
synonyms: surprise win, shocker
"the Oilers' victory was a remarkable upset"

Oh whoops, english is evil. Hehe
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:26 am

Rabid can you send out a special newsletter/email for round 6?
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Rafael wrote:Rabid can you send out a special newsletter/email for round 6?
The special newsletter did very little to bring people to vote in ToL, and every monthly newsletter has had ToL right at the top. Seeing as I sent one out barely a week ago... no.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:13 am

Tournament of Legends discussion thread - Page 2 5e936be291
each round brings a new level of anger
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:45 am

Chuggers wrote:Tournament of Legends discussion thread - Page 2 5e936be291
each round brings a new level of anger
Not sure if it's anger, but these kinds of contests are interesting for the community, because we don't traditionally judge a track objectively, but we basically need to for this contest to work.

^I was originally going to say "*grabs popcorn*", but then decided to actually contribute to the discussion lol
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:26 pm

I've sat and thought for extensive time periods because of ToL. I've had to make comparisons between tracks and aspects of LR on a broader level and look from perspectives that I've never had to consider before. I never thought I'd ever try to compare EoLR with V3 and judge the emotional merit of Eden 2 versus the technical mastery WTM or the experimental pioneering of Assault.
I feel like as we've all been through this together, we can look back at this afterwards and even in the midst of it and come away from it with a lot more maturity and insight into trackmaking. I'm excited to see what comes next in LR because of this contest.

This isn't as frustrating to me when I try not to attach my ego to the tracks I love most. If people like a track more than the ones I like most, maybe I should consider my perspective and try to balance quality trackmaking with the extent of the validity of my opinion. I've realized that my opinion will hold me back if I don't look past it. I can have favorites, but I shouldn't let those stop me from growing and learning from the tracks which are coming to light as objectively better.

What a philosophical/psychological jackpot/landmine this is.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Dapianokid wrote:I've sat and thought for extensive time periods because of ToL. I've had to make comparisons between tracks and aspects of LR on a broader level and look from perspectives that I've never had to consider before. I never thought I'd ever try to compare EoLR with V3 and judge the emotional merit of Eden 2 versus the technical mastery WTM or the experimental pioneering of Assault.
I feel like as we've all been through this together, we can look back at this afterwards and even in the midst of it and come away from it with a lot more maturity and insight into trackmaking. I'm excited to see what comes next in LR because of this contest.

This isn't as frustrating to me when I try not to attach my ego to the tracks I love most. If people like a track more than the ones I like most, maybe I should consider my perspective and try to balance quality trackmaking with the extent of the validity of my opinion. I've realized that my opinion will hold me back if I don't look past it. I can have favorites, but I shouldn't let those stop me from growing and learning from the tracks which are coming to light as objectively better.

What a philosophical/psychological jackpot/landmine this is.
This is one of the main reasons I started ToL! The discussions may be tense every now and then but in the end we all benefit Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:12 pm

Well, Raf, thank you so much for this.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:06 pm

Looks like there will be pretty much no scenery in the final four Sad
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:35 pm

welp. my top 2 scenery tracks are out of the tournament (HEA, Transcendental) and my top 3 naked tracks are out of the tournament (Handlebars, Retrograde, this is love). The ones that are left are probably all in my top 15 though so I guess that's something.

Anyone else in this boat with me where your favorite tracks of the tournament aren't in the final four?

EDIT: just realized I am the only person who took part in more than one of the remaining 4 tracks. Sweet, lol. How did I not notice that.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:07 am

rabid squirrel wrote:welp. my top 2 scenery tracks are out of the tournament (HEA, Transcendental) and my top 3 naked tracks are out of the tournament (Handlebars, Retrograde, this is love). The ones that are left are probably all in my top 15 though so I guess that's something.

Anyone else in this boat with me where your favorite tracks of the tournament aren't in the final four?

EDIT: just realized I am the only person who took part in more than one of the remaining 4 tracks. Sweet, lol. How did I not notice that.

Yep, This Is Love was the track I was rooting for. I'm happy to see WTM still in the race though. I expect some exciting final polls!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:13 pm

2 week poll for final poll?
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2