We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple's Previews

+16
Cocopops
Conundrumer
Opal Rider
roflmaoqwerty
Chuggers
efrazable
Z_N-Freak
Getthim
gaoyubao
ScrungleBlumpkus
anton
Yobanjojoe
Sheldon
OTDE
rabid squirrel
Apple
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Apple's Previews - Page 4 Empty Re: Apple's Previews

Post by Apple Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:26 pm

I may be releasing a few smaller tracks before TBATD to try and show the "physics" of the world I am trying to create. An example of this (seen in Rigamortis) shows how the lines are kind of alive. Any line has the ability to grow, shrink, and affect Bosh if they want to. They can combine and separate as well. They can also speak. You can think of Rigamortis as kind of a prequel. I have at least one more planned as well. I'm going to try and go into the ideology of the lines...
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:12 am

Apple wrote:I may be releasing a few smaller tracks before TBATD to try and show the "physics" of the world I am trying to create. An example of this (seen in Rigamortis) shows how the lines are kind of alive. Any line has the ability to grow, shrink, and affect Bosh if they want to. They can combine and separate as well. They can also speak. You can think of Rigamortis as kind of a prequel. I have at least one more planned as well. I'm going to try and go into the ideology of the lines...

This is such a good concept, keep up the good work!
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:43 am

tbatd this year? Very Happy
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:31 am

Oh man, I really hope so. I've had a lot of interference with life going on and such, but I really hope I can find time to finish the whole thing before the end of the year. I have everything planned out now, which was the hard part from the start, and I think I have some ideas that will make some people smile.

I'm also working on another animation project right now. Similar to Rigamortis. So that is taking a bit of time as well.

I need some motivation as well. I will post an update every three days to make sure I have some sort of accountability. I will shoot for it being completely drawn by the 24th. I think that is reasonable. A January 1st release date would be awesome. That's what I'm shooting for. You heard it here first.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocopops Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:09 am

<3
Cocopops
Cocopops

French

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:54 pm

I forgot about the three day thing two days in. Oh well. Progress is being made, and I really want to release it as soon as I can. Very excited for it. Todays Lord of the Ring marathon will definitely put a dent in the work.

Talking Tracks

I did a bit of commentary about some of my tracks. I wanted to talk about line rider last night, so I did! I think it's fun so even if nobody watches this, I may do another one. But if you do want to watch it, I recommend at least watching the 6:30 mark because of a fun little tidbit about The Mountain Will Fall.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iazibPTUwJA&feature=youtu.be

Here's the link to the other video I mention in there. Hopefully the song is working on this site, and if it isn't, I'll upload it to dropbox or something.

Link: https://vimeo.com/199344934
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:27 am

Really enjoying your dedication
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:14 am

I am so excited to release my next track. I honestly think it's my best track to date.

Hasta la RaĂ­z

I'll only post a few screenshots because it's coming out in like, 2 days. And I have so much to say about this track so I think I'll be doing some commentary on it soon after it comes out. Here's an imgur album talking about the screenshots.

Link: https://imgur.com/a/3Tc6C
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:56 am

This is the most hype thing ever
This track is huge
The scenery is also clearly there and I am excited to see what that looks like
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:29 am

Hehe, don't overhype it! It was made in only a few days, but I still think it's better than anything else I have made. It has some things I haven't really seen before, but I don't think they're revolutionary or anything. It isn't as jumbled as my other tracks, and it kind of follows a theme. It all kinda feels the same which I can't say for a lot of my other tracks such as The Mountain Will Fall, and a lot of other ones. So yeah, I hope it doesn't disappoint though!

And the scenery would be the last thing I have left... I don't usually do it but I want it to look nice so I am taking my time on it.

Edit: "Check this hype thing out." "That's hype." "No, don't hype it."
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Got some unfinished tracks. Feel free to check them out. You should watch number 6 if you don't watch all of it.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1jLHSkOxdU&feature=youtu.be
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Lots of good stuff in here. Lots to unpack.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:20 am

Yessss Zero 7. As far as composition goes I actually liked the first and second one the best. That being said, the sixth did have the most potential, as the concept was great, and with a lot more thrown in there I could see it being awesome. Did you switch computers recently? What was causing lag?
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:48 am

The amount of track bosh had to go through to test every line was what did it. I never get lag, but for some reason live line editing takes a few seconds to catch up every time I move a line vs it being instantaneous or near instant at least. If I flag it after most of it, it's fine, but then I don't know if it survives and whatnot.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:40 am

I've had to deal with that problem before. The way I got around it was by learning how to structure my tack so that the place that recycles a bunch definitely will survive easily based on logic applied to line placement (there is definitely a hole in THIS area where lines facing THIS direction can be placed to do xyz thing)
Then I'd flag, and play on.

Idk if that sounds like a bit of a stretch to work with on that track, but it was beautiful and I would love more.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:49 am

the creativity is dripping out of this video! fantastic tracks
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 am

Apple wrote:The amount of track bosh had to go through to test every line was what did it. I never get lag, but for some reason live line editing takes a few seconds to catch up every time I move a line vs it being instantaneous or near instant at least. If I flag it after most of it, it's fine, but then I don't know if it survives and whatnot.
All you do is flag it then draw a line that works after flag, then left click to see if flag is valid, if invalid shorten line as much as possible and right click again. If still invalid draw a new line. I did this hundreds of times in confine works like a charm... If you still
need help im in wrtl group chat.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 am

You can check the flag? That would help tramendously. What do you left click?
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:20 am

Left click the flag, you can also do command i I believe. The flag icon at the top of the screen. It will take a moment and then say valid or invalid if you keep hovering.

Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 am

Heck yeah. That's really helpful. Thanks.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:43 pm

There are so many reasons I love LRA. This is one of them.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Alrighty. A little update for why I've been so inactive for the last few months...

Long story short, my fiancée had some health problems, my family has had some financial troubles, and I've been feeling unmotivated for a little while in terms of Line Rider. The long story short update is that everything has finally almost settled down again. Besides working and a day or two of the week I will be busy, I can work on stuff again! Motivation is back and I can work on stuff without it being a pain.

Current Projects

Alright, so TBATD is obviously the one I want to finish the most, but it is the hardest to sit down and just work on, so I'll be making slow progress on it. I am working on two Collabs at the moment and I apologise to my partners for being so shotty with work. Back on it and progress has and will continue to happen. I have two other Little Things I will be working on because I think they are areas that really haven't been explored yet and I think they would look freaking sick. But yeah. There's the little update.

TL;DR: Working on stuff smoothly again. Can't do it as fast as last year, but progress is being made again.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Can't wait for the bee and the dragon fly!
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down