We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider Legends - Discussion & Nomination

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Line Rider Legends - Discussion & Nomination Empty Line Rider Legends - Discussion & Nomination

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:34 am

Feel free to post in threads for existing LRLs about anything related to that person.

If you want to give opinions on who should be LRL, PM a staff member. Nominations and/or any opinions on those being discussed will be considered but not necessarily posted. (So far though, most of them have been)

If you have questions about this thread, also PM a staff member, since only staff can post in this thread.

Here is our current list of LRLs (roughly in order of chronological influence/promotion)
UnConed
Holcomb227
TechDawg
namtlade
anomaly76
Ram Tzu
x612nt13
Conundrumer
Blesshiscottonsocks
Z_N-Freak
Sam T. Poor
RovanO
Ride Liner
Sorvius
FlagCapper
Leomur
aspi33
Georgio_jc
LineRiderGjert
Hedgehogs4Me
Commandercoke
SPL4SHZ0N3
Cereal
Kramwood
Rafael
gaoyubao
SethComposerGuy
Sheldon

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:36 pm; edited 15 times in total

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Line Rider Legends - Discussion & Nomination Empty Re: Line Rider Legends - Discussion & Nomination

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:44 am

New members added:
Rafael
gaoyubao

Nominations/discussion possibilities to get the ball rolling
pure5152
LineMagiX (boo)
Helios Pavonine
Sssschiller
Sheldon
OTDE
Chuggers
SethComposeyGuy
Summoning

(feel free to nominate more)

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Line Rider Legends - Discussion & Nomination Empty Re: Line Rider Legends - Discussion & Nomination

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:56 pm

@OTDE wrote:pure5152-- Very yes. Incredibly distinctive style, versatile, has a holy shoe, powerful trackmaking influence.
LineMagiX (boo)-- .boo's XY style had a direct and huge impact on the XY of later tracks. Also a yes.
Helios Pavonine-- I don't feel like I've felt as huge of an influence from him as I've seen in other people. That's probably because I don't have a similar style to his. Personally, I don't see it, but I can see how others would appreciate his style.
Sssschiller-- great scener, lovely style, but I haven't really had my mind straight up blown to pieces like other tracks have. Meat pies.
Sheldon-- He's got a holy shoe and has been instrumental in a lot of technical innovations. Yes.
OTDE-- Shouldn't vote because biased, but still think no. I haven't had an impact on this game that is even close to the level of these other people.
Chuggers-- He's versatile, but I don't really jive with a lot of his tracks for some reason. Fairly neutral about this one.
SethComposerGuy-- Yes, without a doubt. I absolutely adore SCG's style, and it's definitely unique.
Summoning-- I like his tracks, but I feel the same way about him as I do about ssschiller.

Suggestions of my own, not necessarily yes, but possibly good ideas for consideration:
Rofl-- Handlebars. 'Nuff said. But can one track really define a person's legendary status? I don't know.
Votale-- similar to rofl. Roborant is nuts.
WTB-- Crazy good quirk for his time.

I do realize that it isn't just "holy shoe means LRL," but I do think they're very interesting riders, and are possibly deserving of merit.

New people nominated for discussion:
WTB
roflmaoqwerty
Votale

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:26 am

@Rafael wrote:pure5152: We discussed him in the LCC forum back then and decided he hasn't had an impact major enough for LRL. Hasn't produced anything major since so I think this is a no.

LineMagiX (boo): Big influence on XY and has an awesome style. Created some amazing track. However, nothing big enough yet to receive LRL status.

Helios Pavonine: In my opinion HP is the best track maker at this point. The Eden series are among the best series ever. He's definitely had a big impact on the technical side of Line Rider as well, broadening our ideas of what's possible. Still, I don't think he has done enough to become Line Rider Legend.

Sssschiller: Amazing scener, doesn't come short of CC. I'm not sure how to judge Sssschiller. I think that he would have LRL if he came a few years earlier, when there were more sceners to inspire. He was quite late to the party however, and there were few sceners to influence. I think sceners, or other people who were inspired by him, should judge whether Sssschiller gets LRL or not. As a trackmaker he was amazing as well, with his playful style, but not amazing enough to receive LRL status from that.

Sheldon: Out of all people in this list, I think Sheldon comes closest. Sheldon inspired any technical quirker out there and I think he was the first to really push the boundaries as to what's possible in quirk. First with CF2, after that with Limitations. Sheldon has always been an incredibly innovative player, and has a very deep understanding of Line Rider. Yes from me.

OTDE: No. Sorry. Great style. Come to Daddy was great. But OTDE has still has a long way to go.

Chuggers: Let's see how his masterpiece influences LR of today and decide later. As for now, he's released some creative stuff and he's a very skilled rider, but hasn't broke major ground yet.

SethComposerGuy: Also a very close one. I think we should wait for Funspiration before promoting him, but his clean and distinct style has inspired many people, including me.

Summoning: Amazing player and has been around for a long, long time. I still need to see something groundbreaking from you though, Sum, I know you can do that Smile

WTB: Same story as Pure. The LCC decided earlier he shouldn't get it, and I think we should take those decisions to heart.

roflmaoqwerty: Even though Handlebars was amazing, so far it's his only major release iirc. It has inspired many, but to say it is groundbreaking would go to far IMO.

Votale: Roborant is awesome and Votale's my favourite trackmaker of all time. His style and control is amazing, but I think the aspect Votale has had the most influence on is the aesthetical aspect. Looks matter and Votale's the one who made this clear to the community. In a way, he is the founder or clean quirk compared to "dirty" quirk. Yes, I think he should be LRL.

Spoiler:

@Rafael wrote:I'm kind of shocked that Gao and me have gotten LRL just like that. Who decided that? Why shouldn't we be judge by everyone, like everyone else? I'd like it if we were demoted and put under the potential list, just like the rest. 2 cents

also, decided to put back the "meh" opinions I edited out of OTDE's post. l realized I should keep the censoring of opinions to a minimum.

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks raf for pointing out that Georgio_Jc was missing, my bad.
Spoiler:
and also that I demoted Abysmal Pea and OwlFlavored which I'm just kinda keeping on the down-low. Basically I assumed for a long time that they were before my time, but after the marathon I realized that they totally weren't and their tracks were not really influential enough for them to be LRL
@Rafael wrote:kevansevans (not sure about him myself, but who says we have to limit ourselves in track making in terms of influence in Line Rider?)
rabid squirrel (if we were to broaden our limits, you'd get an easy yes from me)
New people nominated for discussion:
kevansevans
rabid squirrel

I do want to say that we did intentionally not promote mhenr18 or fsk or chih because we decided back when the rank was created that it should be more about people who play the game than developers or staff

I am thinking it might be cool to give kevans and mhenr PIPs for being a developer (been tossing this idea around for years), but that may be best in another thread (if someone wants to make it go for it)

As for myself I think the admin PIP is all the recognition I really need/want.

Aaaaaalso I realized maybe I should put UnConed on this list even though he doesn't have an account.

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:36 pm

@Chuggers wrote:pure5152 - maybe, hes done a lot and his style is nice and distinguishable
LineMagiX (boo) - no, maybe back in the day but nowadays doesnt cut it
Helios Pavonine - no, cool track maker but doesnt do much
Sssschiller - maybe, cool scener but doesnt do much
Sheldon - maybe, hes done a lot for technical area
OTDE - no, not enough
Chuggers - maybe some day
SethComposeyGuy - yes, distinct style and influential to many
Summoning - no, hasnt really done that much

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:24 am

@Rafael wrote:[Ride Liner] Isn't he LRL as well?
I started to say yes and then I realized I have no idea. Anyone remember for sure? (raf, not sure how clear your memory of this is) I only really know the one track by him (uncertainty principle) and we did eliminate a lot of one-track wonders (dapoe, snooze, vail, eachare) but I wouldn't be surprised if he was LRL.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:21 am

confirmed, ride liner was LRL. added to the list.

also
Spoiler:
[4/29/15, 7:40:02 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: Heythere
[4/29/15, 7:41:25 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: Can you tell me why you think it's obvious that gao should be LRL? I've been looking for reasons to agree with you but simply can't find them..
[4/29/15, 8:52:25 AM] Ben Harvey: hm. well tempered manual + this is love proved that he's probably the best technical quirker to be playing the game right now, as well as the best innovator (at least at the time, before we had this influx of new creative tracks. Most people point to phunner but phunner wasn't so much a concept track as it was a bunch of experimentation in one track. But his manuals, his quirk, his music syncing, and his ingenuity are all so far ahead of his time it's crazy
[4/29/15, 9:00:48 AM] Ben Harvey: and this is on top of eurydice which was one of the most celebrated manuquirks of all time but was more "standard"
[4/29/15, 9:02:28 AM] Ben Harvey: also people forget that WTM was the first track to make people realize that you could do more with kramuals than just -a kramual-
[4/29/15, 9:04:11 AM] Ben Harvey: people like conun, dap, chuggers, ryder, shotoku have listed him as a huge inspiration and one of the best or THE best person playing line rider today/all time
[4/29/15, 9:04:52 AM] Ben Harvey: If we get into my opinions I think he is easily the best player of all time, both in terms of technical proficiency and innovation
[4/29/15, 9:06:43 AM] Ben Harvey: and yes, that includes LRG, TD, CC, ZNF, conun, aspi, anomaly, cereal. I put gao as #1
[4/29/15, 9:08:54 AM] Ben Harvey: I've just never seen someone so masterfully manipulate our expectations in so many ways, consistently - not to mention that he is pretty much indisputably the master of stacking, manuals, style switches at will, and one of the best at music syncing
[4/29/15, 9:54:42 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: Hm.
[4/29/15, 9:56:09 AM] Ben Harvey: I rank others higher in my favs and in artistry because scenery
[4/29/15, 9:56:14 AM] Ben Harvey: but yeah
[4/29/15, 10:11:25 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: While I agree on almost all those points (except on his manual mastery, it's not difficult to keep bosh still on a straight line), I'm still not fully convinced. The reason for that is the criteria we use for LRL, which implies that a LRL should have had (!) an great impact of track making. The main reason I feel conflicted is because I feel gao's impact on the community hasn't reached its peak and his promotion is premature. Every Legend so far has been promoted after the major influence he has had. Of course, when Hedge released Vision, everybody knew he was a legend and that he would get the rank eventually, but he was promoted later. I feel like because Gao is promoted now, the influence he is about to have is undervalued.
[4/29/15, 10:13:53 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: I was afraid you promoted him based on only your own opinion of him because you thought he was just that good, but I see you did have a good thought about it, that reassures me
[4/29/15, 10:14:13 AM] Ben Harvey: would you like me to put this discussion in the thread?
[4/29/15, 10:14:39 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: Sure
[4/29/15, 10:14:45 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: btw, I'm sure he RL was LRL Wink
[4/29/15, 10:15:28 AM] Ben Harvey: I think gao's influence is in full swing right now (his last major track was a year or two ago and IMO a huge amount of tracks today are inspired by them)
[4/29/15, 10:15:44 AM] Ben Harvey: let me see
[4/29/15, 10:15:59 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: Exactly
[4/29/15, 10:16:21 AM] Ben Harvey: I'm pretty sure most of chugs's recent tracks are at least indirectly inspired by him
[4/29/15, 10:16:38 AM] Ben Harvey: pretty summoning has been inspired by him with his recent tracks
[4/29/15, 10:17:14 AM] Ben Harvey: I know dap says his main inspirations are chugs, kram, and gao
[4/29/15, 10:18:05 AM] Ben Harvey: I guess there aren't a lot of highly specific examples, so I see your point. I guess I just feel that he made highly celebrated tracks that didn't fit into boxes at all
[4/29/15, 10:18:54 AM] Ben Harvey: like, phunner was crazy innovative, but people are inspired by moments in it rather than the whole thing
[4/29/15, 10:19:36 AM] Ben Harvey: well tempered manual and this is love just take conventions and shatter them, IMO that just got people thinking about other conventions they could defy, and everyone realized that that's super fun
[4/29/15, 10:19:46 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: Just now people are starting to really appreciate gao's work for what it is, hell what I'm making right now is partly inspired by him :P
[4/29/15, 10:19:54 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: It took people two years to realize
[4/29/15, 10:19:56 AM] Ben Harvey: hahaha
[4/29/15, 10:20:01 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: including me
[4/29/15, 10:20:39 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: I think Phunner is the founder of shattering conventions if you look at it like that :P
[4/29/15, 10:20:39 AM] Ben Harvey: well you're talking to the guy who gave WTM a holy shoe after watching it 1.5 times sooo I'm resisting the urge to say I called it
[4/29/15, 10:20:41 AM] Ben Harvey: xD
[4/29/15, 10:21:02 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: Haha
[4/29/15, 10:21:17 AM] Ben Harvey: yeah I do think phunner is the first to do so but everyone sort of thought it was a crazy fluke until gao started doing it systematically, first with mini tracks and then with huge major tracks
[4/29/15, 10:21:25 AM] Ben Harvey: all my opinion ofc
[4/29/15, 10:21:44 AM] Rafael Leeuwis: I see what you mean

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Dapianokid wrote:Just a brief list of people I feel like I should mention regarding possible legend nominations.
Sheldon: Invented and/or influenced basically every fundamental aspect of quirk as it has become refined to this day. Amazing tracks. Yes. Yes the most. Deserves for impact on community and deserves for straight up devotion. He is born for legend status.
Chuggers: Possibly. Many great things he still has the potential to do, showed the community to what extent style can be expressed in quirk and also has some really high-level thoughts and extremely creative ideas. Tracks have always felt slightly mediocre, except for creation. I feel like he is the most capable person on the list, but not deserving. So if only he would've done something worth saying yes over.
SCG: Reminds me of Raf somehow. Worth mentioning. but my opinion is mehaaaaaaybe.
HP: Really reinforced lots of ideas of what is possible in quirk, but didn't really make new ground. Just expanded on themes there. On the other hand, the Eden series is among the best tracks ever. So I lean towards yes but I won't outright say he deserves it.
Boo: Yes, honestly. So many great tracks and really kept xy alive and fresh I think.

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 9:59 am

So! SCG's been teetering on the brink for a loooong time. And now he's like, made a mindblowing thing that is already making huge waves in innovation mere hours after it has been published. I'm thinking LRL for this guy?

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 2:33 pm

@Helios Pavonine wrote:SCG: Yes, obviously.

That's it.

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Josh Hudson: yes from me for scg

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 3:01 pm

1:58 PM RafaelLR: yes @ SCG
1:59 PM RafaelLR: but not now
1:59 PM RafaelLR: for earlier explained reasons

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 3:05 pm

2:04 PM Getthim: yes i think seth's definitrly deserves it

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 3:34 pm

@Chuggers wrote:for scg, lets wait for the hype to die down and then see how we feel then

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Seth Chapman: yes to SCG for LRL

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun May 17, 2015 11:45 pm

@Commandercoke wrote:SCG 4 LRL?
Yes

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon May 18, 2015 11:55 am

@Wolf_Spirit wrote:SCG
We making him a LRL then?

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Tue May 26, 2015 4:32 pm

SethComposerGuy has been promoted to Line Rider Legend

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:39 pm

Dapianokid wrote:I would like to add to a particular reasoning of mine about nominating Sheldon for LRL. He just proved he could do any style ever with Retrograde. He also has a streak of tracks which persistently get featured unparalleled by anybody else. He holds the new record for best recycling by a far margin. This dude owns.
Said and done.
other opinions on sheldon? He's gotten yesses from a number of people.

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:54 am

@LineMagiX wrote:Agreed with Sheldon's apprentice aka Dap. Sheldon deserves it and gets my vote. Simple as that.

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:23 am

@OTDE wrote:restating yes to sheldon

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:14 pm

@SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:I think sheldon deserves to be LRL.  

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:42 pm

@Commandercoke wrote:I'm going to say meh edging towards no. Constant features don't necessarily mean he's impacted the game significantly, which I believe is what LRL is about (correct me if I'm wrong). In my opinion, he hasn't made enough of a creative impact to deserve LRL.

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:27 pm

@Pawel3 wrote:I nominate Sheldon for LRL

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum