People still play this game? TechDawg!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by IRtL on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:11 am

Wow this game is old. I'm just posting here because I think it's kinda crazy that people still play this and have a forum dedicated to it. But anyway I'm wondering, what do you guys think about techdawg? Do a lot of people know him? I am techdawg's youngest son and I think it's kinda cool to see people who liked the tracks he made. I do know however that people are upset with him for sort of stopping with linerider. Here's to hoping this topic gets any replies at all and that I'm using the forum correctly.

IRtL
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by Getthim on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:27 am

Must be cool to be a legend's son, but if he ever makes another track, i'm sure he will have the full support of this Forum, please let him know that he has been an inspiration for all! 8D

_________________

@Sheldon wrote:one does not simply teach a scener how to quirk

Hello Guest, lovely to see you.
avatar
Getthim
Member

Muggle dragon born


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by RyderLR on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:43 am

trolling is still a thing?

_________________
Earthquake
Slave to the Rhythm
Shellshocked
Intro
"Aids, they killed my slaves. I need to go buy new ones". - ACwazHere
avatar
RyderLR
Member

WHAT RHYMES WITH SHMINTRO?


View user profile http://youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by IRtL on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:45 am

I'm not trolling. What makes you think I'm trolling?

IRtL
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:00 pm

After the last two posts I'm thinking maybe you're not who you say you are. But I'm gonna go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt. Will be fun for other people to read anyway. Sooooo....

Hey TD's son! I may have met you in person but I don't remember if he had one or two of his sons with him when my dad and I had lunch with him. I think it might have just been Elijah but I'm not sure. It would have been late July/early august 2007 (seven years ago) I was blond and wore glasses and I would have just turned 15 - my dad arranged for me to meet techdawg as a birthday present haha.

Anyway, yeah people still play this game, though it has kind of died off a bit in the last year or so.

I have mixed feelings about TechDawg. On the one hand, he is the reason I started playing Line Rider, one of my biggest inspirations, the reason this site exists, and a huge mentor for me in line rider, in administration of this site, and in life in general. He was the one who really convinced me that Line Rider is an art form and that is the reason I'm here to respond to your message.

On the other hand, he kind of abandoned us. iridethelines.com went down because he exceeded his bandwidth or storage (I'm guessing, I never had access to that stuff so I never had any warning) and I tried every means of contact (all of the emails, snail mail, phone call, other forum messages, facebook) to see how I could get it up again, and then later to see if I could buy the domain off him. When he never responded in any way to any of it, we made this site. I'm STILL hoping to get the iridethelines.com domain but I don't know if he even has control over it anymore, and nobody goes there looking for a website anymore since it's been like 4 years. So I'm still a little bitter about that whole thing.

All that aside, I still go back and watch his tracks and enjoy them thoroughly from time to time, and I still remember critically reviewing monumental and his awesome response (and then how he followed it up with transcendental) and I still remember being promoted to elite, mod, jr admin, and admin (all done by him) very clearly.

Oh and if you stick around, could you pick a username isn't the site itself? i'd be happy to change it for ya.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by IRtL on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Hey! I am not one of the people you had lunch with, that would be two of my older brothers, Gabriel and Eliah (Not Elijah, haha). I do remember that my dad and my brother went out to lunch with somebody who was a fan though, but if it was 2007 (I don't quite remember) I would have only been 7, I'm 14 now. I don't know how I am supposed to prove that I am techdawg's son though. Also, I cannot give a reason for why he did pretty much abandon line rider. I've asked before but I honestly don't remember what he said, and line rider doesn't really come up often. As for my user name, I doubt I will really ever post here again, but you can change it if you really want to. I don't know what to change it to though, I only used irtl because that's my Xbox gamertag.

IRtL
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:27 pm

@IRtL wrote:Hey! I am not one of the people you had lunch with, that would be two of my older brothers, Gabriel and Eliah (Not Elijah, haha). I do remember that my dad and my brother went out to lunch with somebody who was a fan though, but if it was 2007 (I don't quite remember) I would have only been 7, I'm 14 now. I don't know how I am supposed to prove that I am techdawg's son though. Also, I cannot give a reason for why he did pretty much abandon line rider. I've asked before but I honestly don't remember what he said, and line rider doesn't really come up often. As for my user name, I doubt I will really ever post here again, but you can change it if you really want to. I don't know what to change it to though, I only used irtl because that's my Xbox gamertag.
Haha okay. The root admin account is IRideTheLines so it could cause a little confusion but that's okay if you already use it elsewhere. Funny that you used the entire site name as your gamertag.

Sorry for getting Eliah's name wrong, whoops! I never really knew him though.

P.S. I believe you now. We've had some people in the past come on and be like "Hi I'm TechDawg's son!" and then we found out later they were just someone making a second account and trolling everyone. So that's why we were suspicious.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by IRtL on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:35 pm

I don't know how to quote you seeing as I'm new and on mobile, but in response to the gamertag thing, I didn't make it, my dad did like 6 years ago Smile lol. If anyone wants to add me go ahead!

IRtL
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by Darkness on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:14 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
I have mixed feelings about TechDawg. On the one hand, he is the reason I started playing Line Rider, one of my biggest inspirations, the reason this site exists, and a huge mentor for me in line rider, in administration of this site, and in life in general. He was the one who really convinced me that Line Rider is an art form and that is the reason I'm here to respond to your message.

I have mixed feelings about TechDawg. On the one hand, he is the reason I started playing Line Rider, one of my biggest inspirations, the reason this site exists, and a huge mentor for me in line rider, in administration of this site, and in life in general.

he is the reason I started playing Line Rider, one of my biggest inspirations, the reason this site exists, and a huge mentor for me in line rider, in administration of this site

in administration of this site

Considering you left the site randomly, I see you literally took after him. Very Happy Nice to have you back, Rabid.

@IRtL This might seem strange, but is there any way you could get in contact with your Father and let him know that we're all mostly still alive and well and that we would really like the old iridethelines.com domain? I'm sure everybody here would be in your debt.

Darkness
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:42 pm

@Darkness wrote:Considering you left the site randomly, I see you literally took after him. Very Happy Nice to have you back, Rabid.
ouch lol

he left without a word and didn't return for like 5 years except to pop in for like a brief moment every few months/years and not actually do anything. I was only gone for 9 months. And I've been gone for months at a time before and I always come back and hit the ground running.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by Darkness on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:47 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
@Darkness wrote:Considering you left the site randomly, I see you literally took after him. Very Happy Nice to have you back, Rabid.
ouch lol

he left without a word and didn't return for like 5 years except to pop in for like a brief moment every few months/years and not actually do anything. I was only gone for 9 months. And I've been gone for months at a time before and I always come back and hit the ground running.

No worries man. Just giving you a hard time. Really is nice to have you back.

Darkness
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by IRtL on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Hey, I just asked him about it. He said though he would very much like for you to have it, he no longer owns the domain. sorry i couldn't be of help.

IRtL
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by Eliahswift on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Dito

Eliahswift
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:24 pm

@Darkness wrote:No worries man. Just giving you a hard time. Really is nice to have you back.
thanks, no sweat. Hope to stick around more in the future.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:05 pm

I've always wondered whatever really happened to Techdawg and why he left. He's like responsible for my childhood, so I mean...
No, not like he is for you, IRtl. I mean like the time I've spent on LR.

_________________
Don't delete your tracks!™  Thumbs Up
avatar
ScrungleBlumpkus
Member

Interior Crocodile Alligator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: People still play this game? TechDawg!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum