We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE]

+23
Chuggers
.Iso
Z_N-Freak
iPi
OTDE
[senpai] kevans
theacp127
WTB
Orthuss
ScrungleBlumpkus
GhostY
SPL4SHZ0N3
Summoning
mhenr18
rabid squirrel
Rafael
crash2burn
Getthim
Traxis
Fauxfyre
efrazable
gaoyubao
Darkness
27 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE] - Page 6 Empty Re: LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE]

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:06 pm

The build is 3.4.3
Expected behaviour: Drawing with pencil to draw SCENERY (every other type of line is fine) draws like the pencil should
In practice: For watever reason, it functions as the pen tool.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE] - Page 6 Empty Re: LR V3.4.X [03 MAY 2015 UPDATE]

Post by gaoyubao Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:46 pm

You're going to have to say which date for 3.4.3 because I have a version of 3.4.3 where the pencil scenery works fine (April 22, 2014).
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Or what the pen tool even is. you're not mixing it up with he line tool?
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Pen tool meaning line tool. I remember a time when we all called that the "pen tool."

It's an early August update is all I know.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Kramwood wrote:
[senpai] kevans wrote:Some mac users would experience flash player going in and out of full screen when using the F key, which obviously is obnoxious.

That command is: command+f.

They might have hit that on accident instead of using the space-bar to pan or something. The key's are right next to each other.

I'm running the latest version of OS X and flash player and I don't get any semblance of this happening.
the frustration is because if you go in and out of full screen using command+f it would jump to the flag. which was obnoxious if you didn't want to jump to the flag.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Thinking of a way to allow the shift toggle to not interfere with the redo shortcut. I'll admit the new keyboard shortcuts are fucking me up as well, so next update will put those back. I haven't really been doing much of anything because depressed for a bit, but for now i've decided to compile a list of all the major features I've added  and kept in my builds for the last four years I've developed for this amazing community. I made this since people tend to not know what has and hasn't been done, and this is an issue I've been neglecting. I can't promise it's a complete list, so feel free to point out features I forgot. Features only please, not bug fixes. Bug fixes will be a separate list in the near future.

Spoiler:
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:11 pm

[senpai] kevans wrote:Thinking of a way to allow the shift toggle to not interfere with the redo shortcut. I'll admit the new keyboard shortcuts are fucking me up as well, so next update will put those back.
Noooooo I love those on the + and - keys. Once I got used to it it was so much easier and faster. Used it like crazy with beta decline today.
[senpai] kevans wrote:I haven't really been doing much of anything because depressed for a bit
That sucks, sorry to hear! Hope you're doing better now
[senpai] kevans wrote:i've decided to compile a list of all the major features I've added  and kept in my builds for the last four years I've developed for this amazing community. I made this since people tend to not know what has and hasn't been done, and this is an issue I've been neglecting. I can't promise it's a complete list, so feel free to point out features I forgot. Features only please, not bug fixes. Bug fixes will be a separate list in the near future.
Awesome, thanks! Was hoping you would do this at some point.
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Flag saving. Will remember last flag used in track if one has been placed.
Ran into a minor issue with this today. Sometimes, if I mark a flag, and then load another save, and then hit play, it starts from where I marked the flag in the last save I had open and not from the saved flag in that save. Only sometimes, didn't notice a pattern. Can do some more testing for you if you want. Was doing a lot of saving and loading of different versions for beta decline
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Fast Forward (space)
Had no idea this was in there, would have been super helpful to know. Thanks for telling me! It works great! Nice and smooth. How does it work? Does it keep it in real time? It seemed to be counting the seconds in actual time for me but maybe that was just the amount of lag I had?
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Reduced scenery line lag. This effect is minor, but noticeable.
How much?
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Corruption prevention. Loading tracks will “cure” a soon to be corrupt track. This function will not fix already corrupted tracks, and will not prevent corruption in editor.
sweet
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Multi-joint snapping. Lines can be snapped to lines that have already snapped.
Have been having some issues with this, will see if I can get details and get back to you
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Line swapping. Hold ‘s’ while using eraser. Holding down “S + D” will duplicate red lines, “S + X” will swap collision sides, and “CTRL/CMD + S” will swap line direction.
Was having all sorts of trouble wiht this until I figure out I had to just click once on the line, I was swiping over it with the eraser liek I was erasing the line and it was flickering
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Holding CTRL/CMD while drawing red lines will make the acceleration point the opposite way you draw.
Keep forgetting this one, I used 6.7 for too long.
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Flag displays time when placed
really appreciate this one
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Scroll slow motion adjust
what?
[senpai] kevans wrote:-adjust game so when fraps records, it will record at 40 fps instead of whatever rate the game was slowed down to.
This sounds good, would you recommend using fraps? I haven't ever tried it.
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Tapping shift mid line draw will swap collision sides.
Ooh didn't know about this one. Will try to get into the habit.
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Corrected start toggle. Fun fact, that initial movement to the right you see was a bug.
Yay!
Kramwood wrote:^ funtion + right arrow key will bring you back to where you were.
or hitting the end button
except sometimes when involving scenery... or framing. or recycling. or other stuff. It's annoying in heavy lag situations (scenery) where you don't want to go to the last line drawn after it takes you to the flag when going full screen. It's been annoying me since 2009.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:49 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
[senpai] kevans wrote:-Flag saving. Will remember last flag used in track if one has been placed.
Ran into a minor issue with this today. Sometimes, if I mark a flag, and then load another save, and then hit play, it starts from where I marked the flag in the last save I had open and not from the saved flag in that save. Only sometimes, didn't notice a pattern. Can do some more testing for you if you want. Was doing a lot of saving and loading of different versions for beta decline

will look into, ty for the sol.

[senpai] kevans wrote:-Fast Forward (space)
Had no idea this was in there, would have been super helpful to know. Thanks for telling me! It works great! Nice and smooth. How does it work? Does it keep it in real time? It seemed to be counting the seconds in actual time for me but maybe that was just the amount of lag I had?

It just tells it to run 4 frames within one frame before it draws, hence lag. Time is adjusted accordingly to amount sped up.

[senpai] kevans wrote:-Reduced scenery line lag. This effect is minor, but noticeable.
How much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th13OAliJDQ

[senpai] kevans wrote:-Scroll slow motion adjust
what?

Scrolling with slow motion on will adjust the rate of slow motion without interfering with your other settings.

[senpai] kevans wrote:-adjust game so when fraps records, it will record at 40 fps instead of whatever rate the game was slowed down to.
This sounds good, would you recommend using fraps? I haven't ever tried it.

yes
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:29 am

I can't seem to use shift+backspace to redo in the newest build :/
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Dapianokid wrote:I can't seem to use shift+backspace to redo in the newest build :/
It probably used the + and - keys to delete/undelete lines. Like I talked about at the top of my post
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:04 pm

New build has been pushed, download link in OP.

Changes/Fixes:

Changed +/- Undo redo to Backspace for undo, and while holding +, backspace will undo.
Changed shift collision toggle to pressing Z to toggle collision.
Line length now rounds to tenth decimal.

Additions:

Hold down M to snap to the angle of the line you are snapped to.

Planned features:

I currently have figured out a method to fix the redo bug, however the current way LR is set up does not allow this to safely be used. Basically, it'll corrupt your track one way or another, so for now you'll have to put up with the bug. Next big update I plan on will have this issue fixed.

I'm also going to be expanding upon the hand tool and adding a line dragging tool. This tool will allow you to drag the line as a whole, or drag the ends of the lines.

Thanks for reading!
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Add a line rotation/angle modifier and this game will suddenly become a whole new animal. I would always have loved to have a feature where we can preview the next frame/last frame that has lines affecting Bosh without pressing play. It'd be like a dynamic ghost flag :3 What's the possibility of that?

Anyway, I love how your builds progressively add more features and fixes and yet become smaller and smaller. Is there an ingame help menu?

Also, I'm sure this has already been suggested. But can you make a version in which ingame shortcuts in the editor are assignable? So we can all have our own hotkeys. Or perhaps a properties file involving the use of these, or an optional file in the same directory as the .swf you're running? So people don't have to be hassled by extra setup, but the picky among us can have our way?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:28 pm

[senpai] kevans wrote:Changed +/- Undo redo to Backspace for undo, and while holding +, backspace will undo.
Okay I can live with that, at least I don't have to reach across the keyboard
[senpai] kevans wrote:Changed shift collision toggle to pressing Z to toggle collision.
I am confused. What is this?

Look forward to trying it out. I believe this is 3.4.X.5, if you care.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Noticed a bug while streaming, issue has been fixed. Please re-download.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:30 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
[senpai] kevans wrote:Changed shift collision toggle to pressing Z to toggle collision.
I am confused. What is this?
figured it out. Works great except the preview line doesn't flip until you move the line after pressing Z

LOOOOOOVE the M angle snap feature. Will be so great for extending track lines with scenery and having it actually look right.

Preview line of the M snap using accel lines - the little triangle graphic goes all wonky (also check this when using Z)

I noticed a glitch involving the undelete function - sometimes I can delete some lines, draw some lines, delete some lines, undelete some lines, etc. and then when I undelete as many as I can I can make a lot more lines than were ever there, it duplicates some of them. If you can't replicate it I can investigate more.

EDIT: realized I didn't test moving the start. Just tried it. When I start to drag it, it jumps up half the width of Bosh. Very annoying when you're trying to start him in just a slightly different place for contests, etc. So this was a thing I thought you said you fixed but I read it wrong. (BTW it would be nice to be able to select by clicking on Bosh instead of the tiny red start target up by his head, it's so small and you have to hold D to move the start anyway)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Just going to ramble on some ideas, not necessarily things I want to add, but would be cool to see:

Remove zoom tool and hand tool in favor of pointer tool. Pointer tool will be more of an "editing" tool, rather than "creator" tool like line and pencil.

Fill tool; rather than having the game try to auto detect closed shapes, simply click the lines you want the shape to be, and will fill accordingly upon key press (?).

Rather than inventing new lines types, lines can have assigned attributes. This allows to keep the core three lines usable, but still allow for flexibility in one's creativity.

Rework simulation to have game run at 60 fps, but edit default speed to simulate 40 fps. Since fps counter is no longer relevant, this wouldn't cause an impact. Speed and timer wouldn't needed to be adjusted either, since it would still show the same time as 40 fps. However, there will need to be a setting to have the timer only show the 40fps iterations to help track makers keep in sync with simulation.

Multiple riders where they have their own lines to interact with.

Layers could make a return. Unbound had a lot of cool ideas, just poor in execution. rather than a predefined set of layers, one could add layers and adjust how they behave akin to photoshop. Also would be cool to allow any line to be drawn on these layers. it would be really cool to see cars or moving objects actually push bosh around.

entity editor, or "custom rider", expanding on mhenr's idea of lines that interact with the enviornment. Allow the user to select specific lines and edit their "skeleton" behavior. or something.

Ramble over, going to attempt modding Mhenr's as3 version and try to push that as new "definitive" builds.

EDIT: WHY MHENR. Why did you make this build twelve billion times more complicated than what it needs to be. AS3 does not mean you have to abuse the fuck out of the better class system D:
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:58 pm

:facepalm: This is the result of being the only serious coder in existence at the time for LR. He had nobody telling him..basically anything about his code. NUU
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:31 am

Love all the new ideas, just if you add something that dramatically changes the game I would like you to call it like beta 4 or something not b2 r6.7 v3.4.x.6
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:05 am

[senpai] kevans wrote:Ramble over, going to attempt modding Mhenr's as3 version and try to push that as new "definitive" builds.

EDIT: WHY MHENR. Why did you make this build twelve billion times more complicated than what it needs to be. AS3 does not mean you have to abuse the fuck out of the better class system D:

Well fair go, I was only 16 at the time (edit: and am now 20 and much, much, much better at programming)

Also while I don't have the time to build a full on LR implementation at the moment, if you wanted to define a "simulation save" format that not only includes track data but also includes the position at every frame of the verlet points (so that there's never issues about what physics engine or machine or anything is being used) I'd be willing to spend 30 minutes to pull together my existing code into a cross platform 60fps exporter.

Even just a simple thing that adds another property to saved tracks would be fine.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:02 pm

stuff to report:
1. autosave crashed line rider. It saved it but it did it while I was drawing a line and it didn't like that, had to restart flash player.
2. I set it to save every 100 lines. drew 700 lines and it only autosaved once. ???
3. It autosaved at 144 lines. then i saved it manually at 156 lines. Then I loaded the autosave. when I loaded it the autosave save jumped to the top and became identical to the 156 line save. what?
4. X, Z, Shift, Space stopped working in flash player in all versions randomly. Doesn't get fixed if I quit flash player and restart it. Gonna try restarting comp.
5. why does it keep turning autosave on whenever I open a track from anywhere? is this because other people set it to autosave? I keep accidentally adding saves to tracks I just want to look at.

EDIT: restart fixed the Z/X/shift/space issue
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:04 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:stuff to report:
1. autosave crashed line rider. It saved it but it did it while I was drawing a line and it didn't like that, had to restart flash player.

Keep in mind that saving takes up more time to recover from when you have more tracks in a single sol. Be sure to give it a moment if this keeps happening. This wasn't an issue because you were in mid line draw, it's just got a lot of data to shift around when it makes a new save, and it's trying to do it in one frame.

2. I set it to save every 100 lines. drew 700 lines and it only autosaved once. ???

It's set up so it waits for you to release the mouse before performing the autosave. This ensures you can draw without it interrupting you. No sense having it save seven times at once for once pencil stroke.

3. It autosaved at 144 lines. then i saved it manually at 156 lines. Then I loaded the autosave. when I loaded it the autosave save jumped to the top and became identical to the 156 line save. what?

If you didn't change your name of the track, you overwritten the autosave file. Every time you load a track, the save name input box changes to the name of the track. This ensures you don't save over any other tracks. There's no way for me to tell if the user wanted to overwrite the track or not, so the yes/no boxes were added, and as per your request, change to only prompt when possible progress or data will be changed. If this is not what's happening to you, I'll look into it.

4. X, Z, Shift, Space stopped working in flash player in all versions randomly. Doesn't get fixed if I quit flash player and restart it. Gonna try restarting comp.

I'll move that to the second sol if it's that much of a bother.

TY for the info, I'd chat about it now, but for some odd reason the chat won't load for me.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:24 pm

I managed to get LR working with a Windows 8 based Tablet Device. Requires a bluetooth mouse and keyboard to be hooked up to prevent crashes, yet the touchscreen response operates perfectly. However, pencil doesn't work with either a mouse or a touchscreen.
Also, incredible problem diagnoses up there^
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:15 am

[senpai] kevans wrote:Keep in mind that saving takes up more time to recover from when you have more tracks in a single sol. Be sure to give it a moment if this keeps happening. This wasn't an issue because you were in mid line draw, it's just got a lot of data to shift around when it makes a new save, and it's trying to do it in one frame.
It was only the 3rd save on the .sol and the .sol total size was about 100KB. It happened twice. I disabled time-based autosave.
[senpai] kevans wrote:It's set up so it waits for you to release the mouse before performing the autosave. This ensures you can draw without it interrupting you. No sense having it save seven times at once for once pencil stroke.
They were drawn with the straight line tool over a period of 2 hours.
[senpai] kevans wrote:If you didn't change your name of the track, you overwritten the autosave file. Every time you load a track, the save name input box changes to the name of the track. This ensures you don't save over any other tracks. There's no way for me to tell if the user wanted to overwrite the track or not, so the yes/no boxes were added, and as per your request, change to only prompt when possible progress or data will be changed. If this is not what's happening to you, I'll look into it.
It wasn't when I saved the track. It was when I hit the LOAD button after clicking on the autosave save. I reopened the save/load menu to load the 156 line save again, and the autosave had moved to above it. That was odd, so I loaded the autosave to check it out, and it was the same as the 156 line save. I deleted the autosave save.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:26 am

Autosave crashed line rider again today while I was scening. It had turned itself on when I closed and opened line rider. Tested it and it always turns on when I open line rider with the same .sol whether or not I turn it off.

green lines snap to track lines in the middle of a curve. Never happened with 6.y or earlier builds? You said that wasn't supposed to be happening?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Starting to think it's not autosave that's crashing me because the last couple times it crashed it had autosaved in a different place.

Another quick fix note: green lines appear in front of blue/red lines when drawn later, could the green line preview appear in front of them too? It's annoying to draw a line and not see the preview in front of the track lines before I let up on the mouse.

These notes are all coming because I am starting to use this version daily :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next