Now that we've aged a bit

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Now that we've aged a bit

Post by Conundrumer on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 am

@Minidoofus1 wrote:Something just hit me linerider people, we all play a different online game/hobby/thing/whateverlris and change the forum name and boom. were in business  8D 
I have an idea for a LR-like game. It's similar to ball droppings. Don't expect it anytime soon, though. I need to learn about scheduling algorithms in computer music systems and implement the physics that I keep talking about...

Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Minidoofus1 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Honestly i was being about half sarcastic, but the other serious side of me would say something like... LR's time clearly came and went and peaked a while ago so there's not much to do to revive it. It's just not appealing to the general population anymore and that's as blunt as i can put it for you guys.

Sooo possibly expand the site to other popular games we all play and love and try to expand the fanbase of this site. It'll probably be a slow and not-so-easy process, but eventually it'll start to multiply out. Of course leaving a irtl section for the memories. Also this plan definitely isn't foolproof, and can possible just spread the fans and have us dwindle down even more, but hey, gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Or we can just leave it how it is now for the memories and just use this as a place for nostalgia.

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:59 pm

kevansevans wrote:snip

Yo dawg, how it be? I'm the ghost of linerider past here to drop some learns on ya.

I remember way back in the day when I helped work on a forum reformation. It was all designed to make things more appealing and whatnot. I thought it was a good idea. But a few didn't like it. One guy in particular. He felt the need to type long rants about how things should be, and what his plans would be for all the things. And I bet you can guess what happened next...

A wild Flamewar appears!

Yep. All the people complaining about all the things, and if someone didn't have something to complain about, they complained about the complainers. I think we lost more players' interest by trying do do something new than we would have by doing nothing. In the end, things stayed exactly the same, and everyone was a little more butthurt than before, if they stuck around at all.

So, the moral of the story is...  Panic 

<3 and ninja vanish

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:05 pm

well that made me smile... a little bit...

only a little bit Stern but Fair

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:11 pm

@CHiH wrote:A wild Flamewar appears!

I don't know what you're talking about, everyone here who actually tried to contribute handled this in a very mature manner.
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:20 pm

I thought very carefully about whether to bump this but I feel like it's pretty relevant.
Kramwood wrote:Holy déja vu. how 'bout we calm down and think before repeating an ELR. The admin is missing. yes that causes issues. We've had people try to contact him with no reply. What do we do with that? Let's work on that BEFORE we conclude the whole site is wrong.
I had one contact say "the stream is broken" and I was utterly swamped so I didn't address it. That's all I got. AC and I have been swapping messages on facebook here and there.
Shotoku wrote:I know where Rabid's facebook is, but I also know about how much he appreciates and desires privacy.
In the future you can feel free to contact me anytime. I might not respond but I will never get mad at anyone for contacting me.
Kramwood wrote:So what? Why should we give him that respect if he just abandoned us here?
This post hurt probably more than anything I've read since I started catching up. All I can really say is I'm terribly sorry that you feel that way. I was struggling with depression and rejection and also trying to make the most of my last year of college and I knew that as soon as I logged back in it would suck me in and become a huge timesuck so I just avoided it.
kevansevans wrote:Kram, if you haven't noticed, Rabid doesn't actually pull that much work. When I pointed out how the staff don't know how the inside of forumotion works, he's the guiltiest out of them all, out right denying certain features that do exist. I'm not saying this from the vendetta I have against him, he hardly does anything besides make topics that contain a few useful links and flaunt his admin rank around. Okay, that might of been biased, but that's what I've seen from him.
Even coming from you kevans, this stings. Seriously? You know this site wouldn't exist without me right? The last line rider community that people haven't given up on?

As for the denying, I don't remember what it was exactly but I remember that if it did exist, I have never seen it, and I have scoured this admin cp methodically and throroughly and found every single option there is, mulitplie times. Maybe it's an older version of forumotion. I don't know. I just know what you were demanding (when you should have been asking) wasn't there.

I'm not gonna list everything that I've done for this site, but it's many times more than anyone else ever has. And I do it without asking for thanks or praise, and without the vast amjority of members even knowing plenty of it. And I've been doing it for 6 years, and I've never quit. But posts like these make me want to sometimes.

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top