Limitations - The LCC

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Limitations - The LCC

Post by Rafael on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Said it wrong, sorry. None of them have the vision that you seem to always be talking about.
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm not sure anyone actually knows what this vision thing is. xD We keep talking about it, but no one's fully defined it enough for the other side to truely know what he's talking about. With that being said, Rabid, would you care to explain what you're talking about?

Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Isn't vision like knowing exactly what you wanted the track or scenery to be like? How would that even be possible for someone to tell if you had it or not?

H4M W4Z H3R3
Sig by Lankher 'cos he is...Banned [ ] Not Banned [x]
I believe in magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:03 pm

I always thought the vision Rabid was talking about was what the trackmaker(s) wanted to convey in an orderly structure and clearly define an experience for the viewer.

Also, everyone is entitled to their opinion, you can't tell someone they can't write a review or give critique. If you don't like it, get over it, or ignore them like mature people and no more of this childish behavior. Great. Awesome. Cool. Let's move on.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shammies on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Vision is being able to see. Anyone who can see should have the vision that this is linerider we are fighting over; which isn't crazy important in our futures.

I really do like the track: beginning, middle and end especially.

P.S I have no "vision" for my tracks either.

I'm the auts guy around here!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Personally, my interpretation of "vision" is just planning out a track (when it comes to speed, style, etc.) or having a goal to reach/convey by creating the track. I can't speak for scenery tracks because I've never made one myself (lol). But for example, the goal of one track could be to look technically impressive, or display insane amounts of stop 'n' go style, or so on.

The only time I've ever done this personally is to fit a song. Usually, I just think "Okay what trick would go well here?" or "What do I feel like doing here?" I've never sat down and laid out a whole track when it comes to what style comes where, what speed, etc. (Aside from syncing to a song).

Sure, you can tell when people are just slapping random crap on a track that doesn't fit. To be honest, the end did seem kind of ridiculously "not-fitting" to the styles that preceeded it in this track, but the song made it somewhat appropriate. However, it was still just weird to go from the styles displayed early in the track to the style in the end. I think what Rabid was trying to say is that, in retrospect, the end was VERY technically impressive, but it just didn't fit with the rest of the track. That's not a diss to Helios or Sheldon (if you're thinking that's an insult, k), but it is somewhat random.

I guess Rabid thought that the vision of this track wasn't to be technically impressive, so he thought that the last part, being so technically impressive, didn't fit the vision. Had the entire track been all about tricks and technicality, then moved to Helios and Sheldon's parts, it would have fit the "vision" much better. That's my interpretation on all of this Smile
Votale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Votale wrote:Usually, I just think "Okay what trick would go well here?" or "What do I feel like doing here?" I've never sat down and laid out a whole track when it comes to what style comes where, what speed, etc.
This is like the exact opposite of me xD

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:02 pm

^ same
(personal preference! make tracks any way you like! *insert backpedaling*)

and I think votale pretty much nailed it. Thanks Votale Very Happy

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top