We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

break

+12
rabid squirrel
ACwazHere
Conundrumer
Commandercoke
Rafael
efrazable
Cereal
roflmaoqwerty
Opal Rider
hypothet
Helios Pavonine
Diotoxin
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

break - Page 2 Empty Re: break

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:08 pm

yeah unfortunately if you make tracks and publish them it's basically because you want to show them to the world. You could easily make tracks and not publish them but if you do, everyone is going to assume you want to know what they think, otherwise why would you post it

part of being an artist is learning to deal with critique - because if you keep it all to yourself you'd still be doing art but it's an internal self reflection thing more than a thing that changes other people in some way
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 pm

You are actually a pretty good scener if it counts any. That thing you drew that was going to be used for contest of the month before you accidentally the .sol was great

EDIT: Screenshot
Spoiler:

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:yeah unfortunately if you make tracks and publish them it's basically because you want to show them to the world. You could easily make tracks and not publish them but if you do, everyone is going to assume you want to know what they think, otherwise why would you post it

part of being an artist is learning to deal with critique - because if you keep it all to yourself you'd still be doing art but it's an internal self reflection thing more than a thing that changes other people in some way

One reason I enjoy(ed) releasing tracks was the feeling that I could inspire or influence someone else to enjoy the game like I did and make a track that they had a good time creating. It's like inspiring them to do something, and because they do it they find joy in it. I'd be extremely depressed if tracks like Volatile, BS, etc. hadn't been released to the public, because I love watching them and admiring the creativity and hard work put into them. That's just another reason added onto yours :P
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Diotoxin Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:yeah unfortunately if you make tracks and publish them it's basically because you want to show them to the world. You could easily make tracks and not publish them but if you do, everyone is going to assume you want to know what they think, otherwise why would you post it

Just as I don't draw things for myself, I wouldn't make tracks for myself either. The only unique thing I feel that I have to offer is scenery, and the only reason I would ever do scenery or draw is to express emotions or thoughts to people in a different way from just saying it. I already know what I'm thinking and feeling, so to make a track or draw something just for myself just seems pointless. It's not really so much about if I like it or not, just if the feeling or thought got across properly. That's why I don't think, for me at least, criticism is necessary. The only thing that I would actually accept (if I even posted something) would be someone not being able to understand what I was trying to get across, and then that's what I would try to improve on.

Shotoku wrote:You are actually a pretty good scener if it counts any. That thing you drew that was going to be used for contest of the month before you accidentally the .sol was great

EDIT: Screenshot
Spoiler:

Thanks, and... it might matter. I'm done playing the game as it's supposed to be played, making tracks and such, but I did enjoy drawing on it while I did. I might pop in the game and use it as a drawing platform, but for now I'm just exhausted with the whole idea of even opening it; not to mention my lack of motivation and inspiration.
Diotoxin
Diotoxin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Diotoxin wrote:The only thing that I would actually accept (if I even posted something) would be someone not being able to understand what I was trying to get across, and then that's what I would try to improve on.
Sorry this is kind of a late response

But I'm pretty sure that this is what all art critique is based on. Whenever you make art, the critique is about how successfully you communicated something.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2