Handlebars - roflmaoqwerty

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Handlebars - roflmaoqwerty

Post by Jam on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Okay, I'll have to go part-by-part with this.

At the very beginning, I was like "damn, this is pretty smooth." I was right, it was pretty smooth.

Midway through it started getting intense, and it didn't make it any less smooth, it was like smoothly climbing into climax.

And then it happened. A mad burst of intensity melted through, completely changing how I felt about the track. It wasn't smooth for the sake of being smooth, even if it was. The smoothness was justified by the contrast with the complete burst in intensity. And then I realised it was no burst, as the intensity was being sustained for longer and longer, and it didn't get any worse. Then that one spot of perfect airtime. I was blown away.

This track is as close to perfection as I've seen in progression: buildup, climax, and unexpected sustain of the climax. 10/10 will watch another hundred times.

Last edited by Jam on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:44 am

Opal: Thanks! I'm actually really pleasantly surprised at how well I was able to convey emotion (even though I was just making a track with no regard to evoking feelings).
Shotoku: Glad I inspired you, and glad I lived up to your expectations. I don't know where the manuquirk thing came from, either xD
Boo: Yeah, I know I have a stacking problem ;_; (however, every single line in the big string-nose asdf before highspeed is effective, just as a frame of reference)
Gao: Again, glad I was an inspiration; actually, Handlebars is 142 bpm, so if you speed up any dubstep track a bit (which are usually 140) you've got an insta-sync. Hehe
Rabid: Damn.
Gao again: I chuckled
Myself: I do not stand corrected.
Chugs: Manuals are definitely not my strong suit, I get a lot of mixed feedback about 'em; glad you liked the quirk and XY!
Shammies: Dat gif. Also, I see what you did there
KW: Keep those rewatches comin'. No prob for the shoutout!
Cereal: Top 5? Daaaaaang. You're name-dropping guys I could never have hoped to rival. And yes, there's definitely more to come, although another project on this scale is not in the near future.
AC: My grannies bring all the boys to the yard xD also, you're right on the stack cluster[censored]ness, but super glad you enjoyed the track!
Stallie: You posted it AAAARGHHHHH (but srs, thanks for the rave review!)
IGLima: Thanks, man; this really means a lot to me coming from you.
acp: Aw hell naw, if those guys collabed either 1) it would obliterate this track or 2) I'd wanna be in on it
OTDE: I can't help you with that, you may want to see a physician
Inu: Just being good ol' Inu, I presume
Wolf: Glad you liked it; it seems like you took this track for an aesthetic performance rather than a technical demonstration, which is exactly how I intended it to be viewed Thumbs Up
Enil: Sometimes you don't have to understand everything to enjoy a presentation. Glad you enjoyed it!
Raf: I really appreciate that you took a liking to this track; don't worry about being one of "those guys." About the masterpiece thing, I didn't call this my masterpiece because I will never have a masterpiece. I don't want one of my tracks to outshine all the others, nor do I want to be defined by a single track. This is by far my best work and probably will stay that way for quite some time, but I don't want to be restricted or defined by it. Besides, you're right; I do have better things coming down the road.
Inu again: Yup, bein' Inu
The following quasi-argument: meh
Votale: I'm surprised at the fact that you or anyone else didn't find any weak point in the track, that really makes me feel good as a diverse trackmaker. I knew you were gonna complain about the nasty stacks xD
Arguing blah blah: still meh, not paying attention
Jam: You got the aesthetic vibe too, awesome! Super glad you liked it as much as you did. Also, Efraz needs to sig-quote that entire post.

Total "damn"s in this thread: 12
Total "shit"s in this thread: 3

I'd say that's a good reaction. Once again, thank you all so much Very Happy

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノSLAM YOUR JAMヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

MY NIGGA RYU ALWAYS OUT HERE. THAT NIGGA COLD ASF I FUCKS WIT RYU CUS THAT NIGGA RYU SLICK
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:36 am

@roflmaoqwerty wrote:
Total "damn"s in this thread: 12
Total "shit"s in this thread: 3

I'd say that's a good reaction. Once again, thank you all so much Very Happy

You can add one "Holy tits" to that list. I've watched this a bunch more times, still so good. I love it all. What else I love about it; the fact that it was unexpected. You didn't hype up the goodness of this track or anything like that. I didn't even see it coming or expect it to be this good, so I was pleasantly surprised.
Votale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm

:| Damn Rafael you say this about every track that gets a holyshoe!
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah, the amount of tracks I find deserving of one is low over the past years. But it's not my award.
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 pm

Niiiiice Track Rofl! I think there was so much said before that words are overused! You get a <3 for this track!

(Same opinion as Raf here Wink)

I believe in a thing called love <3

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 pm

@roflmaoqwerty wrote:About the masterpiece thing, I didn't call this my masterpiece because I will never have a masterpiece. I don't want one of my tracks to outshine all the others, nor do I want to be defined by a single track. This is by far my best work and probably will stay that way for quite some time, but I don't want to be restricted or defined by it. Besides, you're right; I do have better things coming down the road.

YESS this is exactly how I feel about the whole "masterpiece" situation. Props man.

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD

My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:36 pm

@Sheldon wrote::| Damn Rafael you say this about every track that gets a holyshoe!

Not on my track Hehe

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

@OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

@FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

Cereal
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:45 pm

@Cereal wrote:
@Sheldon wrote::| Damn Rafael you say this about every track that gets a holyshoe!

Not on my track Hehe
I smell a bump coming Hehe

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノSLAM YOUR JAMヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

MY NIGGA RYU ALWAYS OUT HERE. THAT NIGGA COLD ASF I FUCKS WIT RYU CUS THAT NIGGA RYU SLICK
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:08 am

@roflmaoqwerty wrote:Also, Efraz needs to sig-quote that entire post.
xD
@roflmaoqwerty wrote:About the masterpiece thing, I didn't call this my masterpiece because I will never have a masterpiece. I don't want one of my tracks to outshine all the others, nor do I want to be defined by a single track. This is by far my best work and probably will stay that way for quite some time, but I don't want to be restricted or defined by it. Besides, you're right; I do have better things coming down the road.
I like this answer Very Happy

I can still call it A masterpiece though :P

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:20 pm

We could just say that we'll call very good and defining tracks masterpieces, but call a trackmakers best work his "magnum opus." lololol
Votale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Just want to say that I actually really loved the stacking, both for the looks of them and how it made bosh move.
Like when you first really started using them at 1:50, the build up there was just so intense, and when you actually reached that climax where the singer started singing again, it was amazing. I don't think that you take anything away from the track by using stacks, you won't get the jerky movement which is so wonderfully emphasised by the song.
Watching this again a few times made me love this track so much more Very Happy

H4M W4Z H3R3
Sig by Lankher 'cos he is...Banned [ ] Not Banned [x]
I believe in magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: