Eden 2

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Eden 2

Post by Sheldon on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:16 am

Yep Jam, the previous music suited it far better!
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:55 am

@pure5152 wrote:in all honesty, I was a little surprised by the avant garde approach to "emotional trackmaking" and disliked the track at first. but upon every rewatch I grew more and more fond of the track. now I love it and think what you did and how you built tension in the track perfectly fit the song. very beautiful, and I love the symbolic meaning of the ending. very well executed. love your work.

but now I'm sad you took down the original version of the track Sad now I only have rofl's version, which isn't as great because it's zoomed out and doesn't have the emotional significance. his version feels very shallow compared to yours.

please put back the original version? or at least give the video file to rabid so he can put it up on irtltube. I already miss it lots
I'm pretty sure he deleted the video files from his computer too, if he was that dedicated to leaving.
hypothet

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 pm

good thing I downloaded the original file. uploading.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JfVg2BdozU

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonoftheluster on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:43 am

This is quite the circlejerk. I thought it looked cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:11 am

best track this year, not over-hyped at all

the people saying editing ruined this track are the same who usually say editing doesn't matter but that's already been said
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Okay, I understand this track now. And I understand HP's reaction, too. In fact, I can empathize with him, since I've been through something similar, recently.
Maybe we just aren't good with words, but I'll describe my interpretation anyways.

So the song seems to be some importance to HP. A cursory analysis on the title and lyrics show it's a direct criticism of consumerism, which I don't think HP is addressing in his track. Rather, HP is channeling the emotion of the song into the track. "How in the world do you do that?" you may wonder. If it isn't apparent, Macklemore gets aggressive with his rapping, and HP also gets aggressive with his tricks. The powerful and sharp movements of Bosh is just like that of krumping. And, like krumping's original purpose, HP might have made this track to "release anger, aggression and frustration," which is why he emphasized "emotion."

Now, suppose that you are deeply troubled and pour it into something like a song you wrote, and share it with other people. The song is technically good, but then you find out that no one was really moved as much as you. It's the feeling you get when nobody understands you. It's a pretty awful feeling. It makes you want to quit. That's what HP did. He took the risk of putting his own emotions into a Line Rider track. And people didn't get it. So now he's gone.

Maybe we were too hard on him. However, it's still HP's fault. Our criticisms are still justified. It's a tough thing for artists to go through. But I got over it. And he should, too.

EDIT: Read through some comments. Some people don't know how to give helpful feedback :|

Last edited by Conundrumer on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Well Conun, you definitely are good with words. Great post.
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX on Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:17 pm

^Agreed completely (@ Conun).

It comes down to "I put all of this work into this track, and people just aren't on the same wave length as I was making the track, so they criticize on how they interpret it as"

Rabid's review on Gone wrote:
---
I'm not very into the chaotic every frame style that is growing, but I still respect how much time and effort is put into it. Especially when it's coupled with a set out idea or vision from the start.

The only thing I can pass on in this video is how the intro doesn't build up to the track, but HP made it very clear that he had to rush through it to make the deadline he felt he had to make. But who cares? You can easily skip it, and it's not like it ruins the track itself at all.

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD

My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:14 pm

For what it's worth, I thought the music fitted excellently with this track. I'm downloading the file and saving it in case it goes down again.

EDIT: Also, the reaction you get from people when you present your "masterpiece" is never what you envision it. I learned this the hard way.

Last edited by FlagCapper on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Well first of all I'd like to say that HP didn't have a vision with this song from the start, he says so himself back a few pages, he changed it about halfway through. I thought some of the syncs were brilliant, and some of them didn't make sense to me, and it makes more sense with the knowledge that he changed the song midway through.

Besides that one point conun is dead on.

Second of all the only way we can really review something is by telling someone our perspective, especially when you have art that is this nuanced. This will let you know how I reacted to it and how it was different or similar to what you intended, which can help you make better art if the purpose of the art is to affect the viewers in some way (which I assumed both of these were) If you're just making it for yourself and putting it up because you might as well, that's something I can't really review, but I don't think either of you are going for that.

EDIT:
@FlagCapper wrote:Also, the reaction you get from people when you present your "masterpiece" is never what you envision it. I learned this the hard way.
I'm wondering if you are referring to Ideology? I recall writing a rather negative review on that one, haha

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:EDIT:
@FlagCapper wrote:Also, the reaction you get from people when you present your "masterpiece" is never what you envision it. I learned this the hard way.
I'm wondering if you are referring to Ideology? I recall writing a rather negative review on that one, haha
Not referring to anything specifically. The negative reaction to Ideology was largely my fault, because I was an idiot and uploaded the thing originally with motion blur, and I messed up the recording.

In general my production cycle went like this:

1. Start a track with a new idea that I think will make it epic/amazing/greatest-ever etc.
2. Keep working on track slowly, putting a great amount of effort to ensure that everything that is added to it is perfect and trying to compromise nothing on quality.
3. When track is complete, rush the recording and editing and do it poorly.
4. Publish track, excepting overwhelmingly positive response.
5. Response is largely positive, but somewhat less than expectations.
6. Rewatch my track and decide that I could have done much better and that I rushed it to release.
7. Feel melancholic.
8. Goto 1.

Eventually I realized that in terms of the work-to-enjoyment ratio, most people got just as much out of "fun" tracks like linear fluency and rotational fluency as they did out of an "epic masterpiece", so I eventually just dropped the whole thing.

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:33 pm

@FlagCapper wrote:Eventually I realized that in terms of the work-to-enjoyment ratio, most people got just as much out of "fun" tracks like linear fluency and rotational fluency as they did out of an "epic masterpiece", so I eventually just dropped the whole thing.
We're getting a little off topic but I find it fascinating that you don't consider linear fluency a masterpiece.

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
@FlagCapper wrote:Eventually I realized that in terms of the work-to-enjoyment ratio, most people got just as much out of "fun" tracks like linear fluency and rotational fluency as they did out of an "epic masterpiece", so I eventually just dropped the whole thing.
We're getting a little off topic but I find it fascinating that you don't consider linear fluency a masterpiece.
I don't consider it a masterpiece because I never thought of it as a masterpiece. I just got bored and felt like making a track without putting much effort into it; just for fun. It ended up surprising me how much people liked it, and it to some extent made me reconsider how I should be playing line rider.

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top