Into Sandy's City

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Into Sandy's City

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:32 am

http://youtu.be/yvodJCP8hag

I tried to sync the music the best I could.


Last edited by kevansevans on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by gaoyubao on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:39 am

It was rather nice, like in a No One Dreams Anyway way.

_________________
avatar
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by Fauxfyre on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:47 am

Good job at making a flatsled that stayed entertaining and interesting through the whole thing, that's hard to do nowadays Thumbs Up
The exits and entries into the curves where spot on, but the lines themselves could have been smoothed out a lot. That extra time on drawing the curves smoother would have taken this from good to great

Fauxfyre
Member

Featured Video: Blackheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by Opal Rider on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 am

Wasn't terrible in the least. The curves were relatively good, and overall the pressure wasn't bad. However, one curve did stand out to me as needing a bit of work, at 1:13. The sync there wasn't bad, but he sorta bounced around a bit on the sled, and I have a feeling you could fix that if you took the time to do so. The curve at 2:04 is also similar to this case, although I have a feeling all that's needed here is a large dose of patience. Wink Keep working at it, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/user/OpalRiderLR
You literally just did lines!

avatar
Opal Rider
Moderator

Aestetikally appealing


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by roflmaoqwerty on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:49 am

Similar to what everyone else is saying, the pressure of the flatsled wasn't pitch perfect, but that's certainly not a deal breaker. All in all, I enjoyed the track; the space recycling was particularly cool, and ofc I loved the song Very Happy

_________________
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ L  O  O  K  W  H  O  ' S  B  A  C  K ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノSLAM YOUR JAMヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ


MY NIGGA RYU ALWAYS OUT HERE. THAT NIGGA COLD ASF I FUCKS WIT RYU CUS THAT NIGGA RYU SLICK
avatar
roflmaoqwerty
Member

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by Helios Pavonine on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 am

Favorite parts: Beginning, groll, the very end

I thought the part between the groll and the stall could've been executed better. Some max-pressurized highspeed would've added to the epicosity :P

Apart from that, I really like what you did with the song and the overall presentation. The intentional shaking was pretty dope as well.

Great track, fav'd Smile

_________________
What's it going to be then, eh?

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:46 pm

gaoyubao wrote:It was rather nice, like in a No One Dreams Anyway way.

Thanks, I think I should watch that track again to see your point, I didn't pay much attention to that one.

Shotoku wrote:Good job at making a flatsled that stayed entertaining and interesting through the whole thing, that's hard to do nowadays Thumbs Up
The exits and entries into the curves where spot on, but the lines themselves could have been smoothed out a lot. That extra time on drawing the curves smoother would have taken this from good to great

I actually made these rough curves on purpose. I couldn't imagine a simple curve going along with a drum beat that's gradually getting louder, it felt anti-climatic to me, so I purposefully made them rough to sort of show the increase of intensity, so to say.

Opal Rider wrote:Wasn't terrible in the least. The curves were relatively good, and overall the pressure wasn't bad. However, one curve did stand out to me as needing a bit of work, at 1:13. The sync there wasn't bad, but he sorta bounced around a bit on the sled, and I have a feeling you could fix that if you took the time to do so. The curve at 2:04 is also similar to this case, although I have a feeling all that's needed here is a large dose of patience. Wink Keep working at it, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Funny, that was one of my favorite curves when I got it timed right. Had there not of been lag, it would be just a bit nicer. Like i said about the bumpyness, completely intentional. I was quite patient throught this entire thing, my flatsled really looks like shit when I just "make it".

roflmaoqwerty wrote:Similar to what everyone else is saying, the pressure of the flatsled wasn't pitch perfect, but that's certainly not a deal breaker. All in all, I enjoyed the track; the space recycling was particularly cool, and ofc I loved the song Very Happy

The whole album is pretty boss. http://doom2.ocremix.org/tracks/

Helios Pavonine wrote:Favorite parts: Beginning, groll, the very end

I thought the part between the groll and the stall could've been executed better. Some max-pressurized highspeed would've added to the epicosity :P

Apart from that, I really like what you did with the song and the overall presentation. The intentional shaking was pretty dope as well.

Great track, fav'd Smile

Wow, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the first track I've ever had favorited, thanks! Now that I look back, that part could of been better, but I was so caught up in the momment while enjoying myself, I didn't notice xD

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:35 pm

I really enjoyed that!

I think the bumpiness bothered me just because there wasn't a contrast between smooth and bumpy. If you'd made it bumpy sometimes and smooth other times I think that would have made for a really cool effect, instead of lots of comments about how they could have been better.

Also, the section between the fling bit and the slow part at the end was awkward because it started out with gravity wells and all intense and stuff and then quickly settled into flatsled again even though the music didn't change, which made it a tad inconsistent.

That said, this was a great example of a track that is interesting and fun to watch while also being mostly flatsled. Excellent job! It held my attention the entire time, which is more than I can say about some quirks nowadays.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by LineMagiX on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:59 pm

dat ending.

The track kind of reminded me of a slightly more serious version of pineapple factory. Only because of the music though.

_________________

QUOTES:

Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD


My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
avatar
LineMagiX
Member

The ghost of LR


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by Wizzy on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:35 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:I really enjoyed that!

I think the bumpiness bothered me just because there wasn't a contrast between smooth and bumpy. If you'd made it bumpy sometimes and smooth other times I think that would have made for a really cool effect, instead of lots of comments about how they could have been better.

Also, the section between the fling bit and the slow part at the end was awkward because it started out with gravity wells and all intense and stuff and then quickly settled into flatsled again even though the music didn't change, which made it a tad inconsistent.

That said, this was a great example of a track that is interesting and fun to watch while also being mostly flatsled. Excellent job! It held my attention the entire time, which is more than I can say about some quirks nowadays.

This.

Also, this is also a great example that you don't have to be amazing at LR to make it entertaining.

_________________
Opal Rider wrote:It's cute. But we can go danker.
avatar
Wizzy
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Into Sandy's City

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum