We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer - n00bskoolbus

+3
Fauxfyre
darklight
n00bskoolbus
7 posters

Go down

Summer - n00bskoolbus Empty Summer - n00bskoolbus

Post by n00bskoolbus Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:12 am

Just an old track I finished up recently, don't judge too hard :P
n00bskoolbus
n00bskoolbus

Back to top Go down

Summer - n00bskoolbus Empty Re: Summer - n00bskoolbus

Post by darklight Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 am

I don't know anything about track making so I'll comment on the scenery.

Try and make sure that all scenery goes completely off the screen, like in some of the canyons you made. Also you could be more creative in your drawings, you could add in some flair with trees or buildings or pictures of lindsey lohan or really anything. Even adding in something more interesting than the typical "mountain" style scenery like a cave would work. Also, I think of scenery as art integrated into the track, and I try and make it "believable", if you will, because seeing a bunch of jagged rocks suddenly smooth out into a line for bosh to ride on wouldn't really happen anywhere. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should integrate your scenery better with the track. Of course this is all just my opinion, take it however you want.
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by n00bskoolbus Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:29 am

darklight wrote:I don't know anything about track making so I'll comment on the scenery.

Try and make sure that all scenery goes completely off the screen, like in some of the canyons you made. Also you could be more creative in your drawings, you could add in some flair with trees or buildings or pictures of lindsey lohan or really anything. Even adding in something more interesting than the typical "mountain" style scenery like a cave would work. Also, I think of scenery as art integrated into the track, and I try and make it "believable", if you will, because seeing a bunch of jagged rocks suddenly smooth out into a line for bosh to ride on wouldn't really happen anywhere. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should integrate your scenery better with the track. Of course this is all just my opinion, take it however you want.

Haha, thanks for the input. Yeah I'm not really much of a scenery man myself, This was just a project I started 5ish years ago before I stopped playing. I dug it up recently and it was just missing some scenery towards to the end and I was just like "Screw it I'll just finish it up." I might go back and add some more one day but that won't be for a while.
n00bskoolbus
n00bskoolbus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:42 am

Cool recycles, but many of those recycles caused a loss in flow. Even if you can recycle something 20 times, if you lose flow the track will look less smooth and sometimes less fun to watch.

As for scenery, you did good on replicating the theme and staying consistent, but on the edges of the screen the scenery would suddenly stop. This doesn't look good when you can see where you stopped drawing. Also a little detail/texture inside the areas would be good on much more of the track, not just detail on the edges of the rocks.

Altogether not too bad, just keep making tracks and these things will come naturally. Smile

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:22 pm

for a five years old track it's ok, but nowaday you need to do much more details, monuments and not just a background. Double the skyline and dviding line for a better contrast. try to put details on the back ground for less blank space.

keep scening Thumbs Up
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamBlast Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Highly enjoyed the classic, fairly minimal scenery. Good job, especially for an old track. Very Happy
TeamBlast
TeamBlast

<CENSORED>

http://dansaunders.me/

Back to top Go down

Post by n00bskoolbus Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Shotoku wrote:Cool recycles, but many of those recycles caused a loss in flow. Even if you can recycle something 20 times, if you lose flow the track will look less smooth and sometimes less fun to watch.

As for scenery, you did good on replicating the theme and staying consistent, but on the edges of the screen the scenery would suddenly stop. This doesn't look good when you can see where you stopped drawing. Also a little detail/texture inside the areas would be good on much more of the track, not just detail on the edges of the rocks.

Altogether not too bad, just keep making tracks and these things will come naturally. Smile

Yeah i remember people saying similar things about recycling when I posted previews way back when. If I ever do go back and add a lot more scenery I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the input!

SETH wrote:for a five years old track it's ok, but nowaday you need to do much more details, monuments and not just a background. Double the skyline and dviding line for a better contrast. try to put details on the back ground for less blank space.

keep scening Thumbs Up

As I said for Shotoku, if I do go back and scene this track I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

TeamBlast wrote:Highly enjoyed the classic, fairly minimal scenery. Good job, especially for an old track. Very Happy

Thanks for the input Smile
n00bskoolbus
n00bskoolbus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Pretty much what darklight said and I hope you keep making tracks, you're off to a good start.
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:35 am

When you said, "old track" how old did you mean? I that looked almost exactly like a track I made when I started 5 years ago.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down