Spaaace! by SETH

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spaaace! by SETH

Post by SETH on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:43 am

Here we are guys! after more one year of inactivity cause of fail and lost .sol my new main scened track is here.

31300 lines, single segment. Not my biggest linecount, but my fastest work: 7 days (just scenery).

I hope you guys appreciate the scenery, and you will enjoy the movie/ video game reference ! 8D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFOiNWbuOk

Screen shot of the whole track

Last edited by SETH on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

"New Untitled" Solo
=> track 100% done (1840 lines) => scenery 9.5% done (96.6K lines)

Main Track : Spaaace!------ After Midnight ------ Dashing Skyline ------ Atlantis
Line Art : Rarity ------ Blunt Dragon
SETH

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Re: Spaaace! by SETH

Post by Helios Pavonine on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:52 am

Some things were done extremely well and some weren't. Nevertheless, awesome concept and quite interesting to watch and try following everything :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:55 pm

There needs to be more space-themed tracks, they are awesome Very Happy
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanth on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm

YOU BROKE THE RULE

Check out my YouTube channel!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[6:02:44 PM] Liam: bananas make my ears hurt
[6:02:46 PM] Liam: almonds too
[6:03:09 PM] Adam Pierce: you don't have to put them in your ear
[6:03:19 PM] Liam: Sad its a habit ok
[6:03:37 PM] Adam Pierce: whatever makes you happy man
[6:03:54 PM] Jack Jack: wait wait wait what
[6:03:58 PM] Jack Jack: where else are you supposed to put them
Xanth

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCehYWYJLIU_Y6e0Yw69pfrw

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Lol @ Wheatley

Awesome track! I love the style of scenery, definitely hope there's more where it came from.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノSLAM YOUR JAMヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

MY NIGGA RYU ALWAYS OUT HERE. THAT NIGGA COLD ASF I FUCKS WIT RYU CUS THAT NIGGA RYU SLICK
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:19 pm

I am not speechless. in fact I've prepared to speech and it goes as follows: holy crap

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 pm

The best way I can describe the scenery is that it has a lot of movement.

I also appreciate anyone who can make a track that has original scenery, because I possess 0-creativity for that, lol.

Great job on this one! Thumbs Up

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

@OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

@FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

Cereal
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:24 pm

It looked great, I loved some of the drawings (the satellite/ space station thing especially), and the scenery was really well done in some places, but there's some things you can work on:

spend more time on things. If you did all that in a week, think of what it could look like if you had taken an extra week to examine the scenery and improve it.

Have the scenery make more sense. This is just my opinion, and probably not everyone's. What it seemed like you did was draw everything you could think of that was related to space. What I prefer is taking one idea, like WALL-E, and making an entire track out of it.

There were places where you could have hidden the scenery better, like in the rocket-star-x-wing line at :48

The density in the scenery could have been better, though I realize it's really hard to do that because of the theme.
darklight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:08 pm

M64 Ftw

Also track and scenery were pretty awesome keep up the good work.

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks everyone for comment and support.

@Cereal wrote:The best way I can describe the scenery is that it has a lot of movement.

Yea it's kinda true, i didn't noticed that before you tell it :P

@darklight wrote:
spend more time on things. If you did all that in a week, think of what it could look like if you had taken an extra week to examine the scenery and improve it.

Have the scenery make more sense. This is just my opinion, and probably not everyone's. What it seemed like you did was draw everything you could think of that was related to space. What I prefer is taking one idea, like WALL-E, and making an entire track out of it.

There were places where you could have hidden the scenery better, like in the rocket-star-x-wing line at :48

The density in the scenery could have been better, though I realize it's really hard to do that because of the theme.

I can spend months to scene a track, but if it comes quickly it's uselees to spend more time. When i finished somethings, i judge if it's well and if isn't, i erase all and restart. It's my way of working.

then, the space theme is really hard cause there isn't lot of things in space: station; satellite; planet; moon, and space stuff. Not really enough for a full track and i did not want draw 3 times the same things (and i still did with all the spaceship) .It for this reason i had inspiring me from movie and video game for a most consistant scenery and fun stuff. For your exemple of wall e, it's sound really hard to make a full scenery only on the wall e's theme (I try to do a full scenery of the game portal, i had a corruption at 9K but i was very far of the end and it was already very hard). but idk it could be awesome if someone do that.

You right for the exemple of the x wing, but you know i passed more time looking something who could match with the track, than draw it. You right for the density too, myself i'm not very satisfied, but like you said this theme is hard. In space all is distant and don't match very well with a lr track.

Wow one of my biggest post ever xD anyway thanks for comment , it's very appreciated, don't hesistate to tell me what you don't like about the track.

edit for ac : dire, dire dock from mario 64 (the level with the boat and snakefish)

Last edited by SETH on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

"New Untitled" Solo

Main Track : Spaaace!------ After Midnight ------ Dashing Skyline ------ Atlantis
SETH

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:59 pm

First thought: "OMG this music." Sorry if I missed this, but what is this song? I know it from somewhere.

---------

Overall, this track made me smile so hard. Very Happy You're a great scener. You did a great job in eliminating whitespace, except maybe for the area beneath rocks, but that wasn't a big deal. I actually enjoyed the references to movies/games, simply because I haven't seen anything of the sort in quite a long time. And I agree with your last post: there's not much you can do with a space theme. =P I don't blame you for incorporating such ideas. I'm excited to see what you can come up with next. Also, I liked the sync to the flow of the track.

Steve Lives
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm going to be critical, not that it's that bad, just that you obviously have great potential and I want you to get even better.
1. You committed one of the Seven Sins of Scenery. :| Riding inside an object.
2. Although everything fit the theme, a lot of it was just too random. There were too many "objects". It comes across as a bunch of "monuments organized poorly. And a lot of them were cluttered.
3. Some objects recieved a lot of detailed work while others did not. So it looks as if there are 2+ styles, or even 2+ sceners.

Yeah...harsh perhaps...but I hope you don't take it to heart. :P I enjoyed it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Omg is that song from Super Mario 64? xDDD

That was super shweet. 8D I like how the circles weren't perfect, but the drawings were awesome, so it felt really old school.

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD

My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:30 pm

wow that was really good :O

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Thx for comment guys Very Happy

@Commandercoke wrote:I'm going to be critical, not that it's that bad, just that you obviously have great potential and I want you to get even better.
1. You committed one of the Seven Sins of Scenery. :| Riding inside an object.
2. Although everything fit the theme, a lot of it was just too random. There were too many "objects". It comes across as a bunch of "monuments organized poorly. And a lot of them were cluttered.
3. Some objects recieved a lot of detailed work while others did not. So it looks as if there are 2+ styles, or even 2+ sceners.

I have always believed that hide the track with object and not with the background was a good thing, now i know i was wrong :facepalm:
for the theme like i said above, it was very hard to find somethings good to hide the track well. For exemple at 3:04, I passed very long time to search a good way to hide this big curve. I have chosen this solution but it's not a very good way I admit.
For the third point, i dunno lol, some object need more detail than other ? anyway i ll think about it for futur track.

@Commandercoke wrote:Yeah...harsh perhaps...but I hope you don't take it to heart. :P I enjoyed it.

When i read your post for the first time i was like "gosh my track is a fail D: " but it's ok, it's great to have advice and than you telling me the negative points, I don't take it to heart :P

and yea the song is dire, dire dock from mario 64 (the level with the boat and snake fish) i wanted use this song for my track atlantis but the tomb rider ost was better. And i started this track for my 2years anniversary in LR but it's 2 month late

"New Untitled" Solo

SETH

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Alright, scenery critique time!

First of all I want to just say that this was great and I'm glad you're still scening and I hope you continue. I get really happy whenever I see a new scenery track :P

On to my rubric thing!

Ambitious? Somewhat
Epic factor/Impressive? Somewhat
Complete/Cohesive? Yes
Vision? Sorta
An Experience? Not really

Quality of art? Awesome!
Creativity in scening things? Quite good in some places, not the best in others.
Speed manipulations? None (that's not necessarily bad)
Detail? Great in some places, maybe too much in other places, maybe too little in other places
Consistency? Somewhat. Sometimes it felt like a bit of a hodgepodge (lots of stuff thrown into scenery but not really creating an environment for Bosh as much as a bunch of drawings for him to travel through)
Unified Theme? Yep
Originality? Quite good at times. Other times looked like there was some copying going on
Speed? Zoomed out too far IMO, but speed was good

Monument placement? Fine. Maybe too monument heavy, sometimes it felt like the whole track was a string of monuments smashed together
Monument usage? Good
3-D (extrusion, adding shine, shading, contour lines, adding depth)? Since there was more a lot of art than any serious environmental techniques, none of this was really present
Made sense? Sometimes. Other times there was riding inside objects instead of on the outside as if they were, well, objects.
"Hiding" the track? (this is bad) Mostly fine, that black square that covered up the track though... don't do that!
Good Ending? Meh

So... awesome art, but think about creating an environment more than cool artworks next time. Monuments/Artworks have their place but they should be integrated into the environment, not used to construct the environment.

More importantly, keep scening Thumbs Up If it would be more fun to ignore my advice, and you'd be more likely to keep scening, then go right ahead and do what you want Very Happy

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:36 am

The scenery is really good overall, It's pretty much your usual level of scenery. Anyways the bare track itself seemed like the trouble, I mean the scenery fits but your wells could be stronger though; other than that it was very nice, good job. Wink
Stallie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:42 am

Just noticed princess Luna behind the moon. 8D

Kind of like the Pedo-bear at the beginning of breathtaking silence.

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Some person on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:29 am

@ACwazHere wrote:First thought: "OMG this music." Sorry if I missed this, but what is this song? I know it from somewhere.
Me too its from Super Mario 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top