boo - Boom!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: boo - Boom!

Post by LineMagiX on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks for the reviews rabid & raf. Sorry you didn't like the transition rabid. D: I know it didn't flow together that well but the only way it would is if bosh was in the same frozen position, dropping slightly to the right, and same speed, so i just took what i could get. Plus it was kind of meant to be like, wait a second i see what you did there! but yea sorry if it offended you haha, i just wanted to try it out and see how it would look. i could have easily done that spinning that the second track started out with, but it was the best chance i had at splicing them together.

@Rafael wrote:Only tip I can give is to not try hard. You're capable of realizing a trick (or in this case, a transition) isn't well executed. In that case, remove it or improve it, but don't keep it. Perfection is key sometimes.
Especially thanks for your input raf, as i can really work on my stuff from that. <3 My excuse though for that bad stuff is just me being lazy. :P Tbh when i started these tracks it was all half assed and whatever felt decent enough for me to keep making. but then i got all these lucky wells and recycles. :O maybe sometime i'll make an xy that's meant to be really good from the getgo, but as for this one it was just whatever happened, but i know that's a bad excuse if i have certain expectations to meet, haha. for my next few one's though, there's some stuff i want to try out so it's all experimenting from here. 8D

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD

My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:14 pm

rewatching now for the splicing makes me appreciate how genius the idea actually is. I thought at first you were just cutting short a huge length of airtime, but to stitch together two tracks (albeit imperfecty), my god the idea is very interesting and creative. it's makes me appreciate the track that much more
pure5152

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:06 pm

The flow of the track seemed alright and the sync was good as well; I like some of those neat tricks that you did and that rotation is good too. Overall it was a really nice track, nice job, keep it up. Wink
Stallie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:39 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
Rainbow Dash wrote:Rabid, It's not normal to see you this worked up about something. Are you okay? We can talk. :3
uhm is that sarcasm?

No, it wasn't.

Inukaza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 am

@Helios Pavonine wrote:1) It wasn't impressive. I did say it was decent though (I never said it wasn't entertaining), so I don't see where you're coming from at all. EDIT: I must say that people from different countries have different perspectives of politeness (e.g. to begin a sentence with ''I find/I didn't find'' isn't really necessary in The Netherlands. I'm sorry if .boo thought it was insulting.)

2) You tell me. People use it all the time without elaborating and now that I say it, you're starting to actually care about it?

3) This is in my opinion modern XY. It's funny that you named the modern quirk part in EoLR modern quirk. You couldn't know it would be admired, could you?

4) This thread is about an XY track, I'm talking about XY, that is not completely irrelevant. Would you really want to see a new thread by me completely dedicated to the way I see XY?

5) How couldn't you see that PL is actually helping me to get views?

Good job on the caps lock, too. It really intimidates me. 8D
You know, we could fill this thread up with arguing each of these things but I don't want to because of point #4. So I'm going to respond in brief and then be done. There are only losers in a shouting match and it's usually not worth it.

1) you still sound condescending and mean. ZNF is Dutch and he was never rude like that. 2) I've always been annoyed by it not just at you 3) it was based off what already existed 4) you're not anymore now you're arguing with me, and that would be fine except you would probably make it sound like you were imparting your infinite wisdom instead of having an actual discussion 5) You care about a handful of views more than what people think of your intelligence? Lies.

And also your last comment was totally rude and uncalled for. Poorly disguised trolling.

@Inu - I don't think I'm anything out of the ordinary. Maybe a little tired of repeating myself.

@boo - nah it didn't offend me I just got a little annoyed when you compared it to splitting scenery...

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:40 am

@rabid squirrel wrote:
@Helios Pavonine wrote:1) It wasn't impressive. I did say it was decent though (I never said it wasn't entertaining), so I don't see where you're coming from at all. EDIT: I must say that people from different countries have different perspectives of politeness (e.g. to begin a sentence with ''I find/I didn't find'' isn't really necessary in The Netherlands. I'm sorry if .boo thought it was insulting.)

2) You tell me. People use it all the time without elaborating and now that I say it, you're starting to actually care about it?

3) This is in my opinion modern XY. It's funny that you named the modern quirk part in EoLR modern quirk. You couldn't know it would be admired, could you?

4) This thread is about an XY track, I'm talking about XY, that is not completely irrelevant. Would you really want to see a new thread by me completely dedicated to the way I see XY?

You know, we could fill this thread up with arguing each of these things but I don't want to because of point #4. So I'm going to respond in brief and then be done. There are only losers in a shouting match and it's usually not worth it.

1) you still sound condescending and mean. ZNF is Dutch and he was never rude like that. 2) I've always been annoyed by it not just at you 3) it was based off what already existed 4) you're not anymore now you're arguing with me, and that would be fine except you would probably make it sound like you were imparting your infinite wisdom instead of having an actual discussion 5) You care about a handful of views more than what people think of your intelligence? Lies.

And also your last comment was totally rude and uncalled for. Poorly disguised trolling.
1) I don't care what other people weren't. I understand that you, as an administrator, feel responsible for the things I say, but all you do is limit my freedom by criticizing the way I comment on a track. That's silly, because it was directed towards .boo and not you.
4) I was trying to have a discussion but it seems like every discussion you interfere in turns out to be a flamewar.
5) Yes, because I don't care what people think of me.

And also your caps was totally uncalled for. Poorly disguised immaturity.

I'm done.

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:55 am

This argument is more pointless then the ones me and rabid have. ¬¬
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Or me and Wizzy a while ago lol.
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Incredible job! Please make more

CamQuartr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAj26rVWK14

Lol just kidding. But seriously:

Have we not come to the understanding, over the years of playing, that people have different ways of playing the game (We call them "styles") and different taste if what they life and dislike? Obviously your definition of "modern" means the fastest and the most "powerful." While you enjoy watching that, others enjoy watching wacky and funky stuff that has some odd tricks that makes us say "haha what was that, it was unusual and unexpected!" So Rabid's right, you don't have the power to deem it not-entertaining for anyone but yourself. I, myself, found this entertaining and fun to watch. I just find it funny that after like 5 years we still haven't gotten over this whole "style verses power/modern" debate. 'Tis saddening.
Votale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top