We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unleashed for Steam and new members

+13
CamQuartr
GhostY
Cereal
ACwazHere
Helios Pavonine
efrazable
Fauxfyre
rabid squirrel
mhenr18
TheRevTastic
Traxis
Chuggers
[senpai] kevans
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unleashed for Steam and new members - Page 2 Empty Re: Unleashed for Steam and new members

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:16 am

@Rabid Squirrel
Wow that sounds bad. I kind of hope mhenr's right and we don't get spammed by anybody, because that would suck if people like who pull crap like that started coming into the community. Apology accepted, nhf.

Still would be kind of funny if activity increased right after we moved Movie of the Week to Movie of the Month xD

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Unleashed for Steam and new members - Page 2 Empty Re: Unleashed for Steam and new members

Post by shammies Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:30 am

Someone goes inactive once they realize they will probably never be elite or LCC unless they change how they post/play Line Rider
Or they get LCC and lose it due to inactivity and complain to have it back. (I made a jab at myself, if you didn't catch that)
Honestly, there shouldn't be any new rank since I highly doubt many new people will join.
Seriously, how many people will buy LR for the sole purpose to join the site? If anything I hope they enjoy the game, and the time and effort mhenr put into the darn thing.
shammies
shammies

I'm the auts guy around here!

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 am

Rabid, no backseat modding, but this thread has become really off-topic.

I would like to add, before or if it does go back on topic, that I probably won't get a rank until I release one or more tracks, which, by my estimates, won't happen until the year 3143
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 am

HG42 wrote:Rabid, no backseat modding, but this thread has become really off-topic.
clarification: saying "this thread is closed" when you can't close it is backseat modding. saying "this thread is off topic" isn't Wink

@shammies - yeah, that's happened in most ranks. several times retired staff shopw up for like three days and are like "UNRETIRE ME PLOX" then when we don't they disappear after three more days >.>
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:09 pm

kevansevans wrote:Last I checked (just now as I'm typing this) Four million people were on [Steam].
Here's my math.
Total people on Steam = 4,000,000
People that will buy the game = 100,000
People that will spend time to make a good track = 10,000
People who will post their track on youtube = 2,000
People who will find this forum = 500
People who will join = 100-200
People who will stick around after a few months = 50 max

Somebody tell me if this is less realistic than I think

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:01 pm

My (rather pessimistic) view:

4,000,000 people on Steam
50,000 will buy LR
3,000 will spend time making a good track
2,999 will post it on YouTube
300 will find this forum
200 will join
3-4 will become legit members.

I might be exaggerating, but it's honestly not unlikely; LR is a cult following and most other small-fanbase games that hit Steam don't experience a huge popularity boost.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 pm

roflmaoqwerty wrote:200 will join

I might be exaggerating, but it's honestly not unlikely; LR is a cult following and most other small-fanbase games that hit Steam don't experience a huge popularity boost.
This is probably the most likely...
mhenr18 wrote:Until I arrange something with inXile, nothing is definite w.r.t releasing Unleashed.
The ultimate dev. stopper.
mhenr18 wrote:Additionally, if Unleashed does go on Steam there's no way I'd point people to this forum. Right now there's a hideous ad that's front and center on the site telling me that I can move to the US for free. I'd be ashamed to have that kind of trash on an official forum, especially when combined with a site that would have been modern in 2003.
Unleashed for Steam and new members - Page 2 Crying
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:21 am

Just an input here, I doubt a lot of people would buy the game,
considering a lot of people already know about Line Rider, just that they don't take it seriously.
It will probably inspire people to mess around with the free version again,
although I'd say not many people would actually buy the game, considering there is already countless free versions out there.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 am

roflmaoqwerty wrote:My (rather pessimistic) view:

4,000,000 people on Steam
50,000 will buy LR
3,000 will spend time making a good track
2,999 will post it on YouTube
300 will find this forum
200 will join

I think this is optimistic.

I'd be incredibly surprised if a hundred people join this site, let alone 200...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum