Unleashed for Steam and new members

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unleashed for Steam and new members

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Yes, the rumors are true, Unleashed will be released for steam, and Mhenr will be trying to push for a price no higher than $2.99 (Not sure if it was Australian dollars or US Dollars), and no, no free versions for us because it's us. He wants to make some money on this, and that's okay. Now, Unleashed being released to steam is a huge blessing on our behalf, we will definitively see a huge influx of new members, huge. But here's the problem I have. It will be too much. Now, I don't really care for noobs, (and they can piss me off within days hours if they are dumb enough), But do you realize how many people get on steam daily? Last I checked (just now as I'm typing this) Four million people were on. Now, I know some of you will be all like "Not everyone will get he game" and "If they do get the game, not every one will join the forums", so I'll knock that number down to, 500,000? I estimate 500,000 people will join WRTL/ELR. Now of course, we will need new mods and such, but that's not what I'm talking about. Me, Opal, and somewhat Inu, discussed this a bit. I propose, for when this happens, a separate section for us original members, the active members here that we know play the game and/or participate, just a separate section for us to chill and not deal with floods of comments. We set it up so it's a rank that you are rewarded, I.E. "Core member", so no one thinks we're douchebags. And to make it work, we'll have a rank nom thread to recruit new members to spread the word of encouragement, even though all it get's us is a few more thread discussions.

You don't really have to agree with this plan, but I have to point out that we will see far more members than what '08 saw, and we need to be ready for it, and to discuss plans of action.
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Re: Unleashed for Steam and new members

Post by Chuggers on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Not sure if we'll see 500,000, because even games like skyrim and others only got like 200,000 on the first day of release (probably more, just guessing)

Im guessing a max of probably 500 to 1000 new members if this is even successful on steam (probably an over-estimate, but whatevs)
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Reasonable amount would be like 75, we can hope for 100, and assume 50.

Traxis

The True Giygas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm

We most likely won't get many new members, also the idea of a separate forum for us is kind of douchebaggery.

It would show us as being hipsters that only want our kind around and will make conflicts between the hipster people vs the new people.

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:54 pm

No.

Just, no.

If I've got something to officially announce, I'll put it in a post. Until I arrange something with inXile, nothing is definite w.r.t releasing Unleashed.
Also, do you seriously think that 12.5% of steam users give a damn about Line Rider? Plus, buying a game != joining a forum.
Additionally, if Unleashed does go on Steam there's no way I'd point people to this forum. Right now there's a hideous ad that's front and center on the site telling me that I can move to the US for free. I'd be ashamed to have that kind of trash on an official forum, especially when combined with a site that would have been modern in 2003.

Finally, I wouldn't mind getting some kind of payment for my work on this but that doesn't mean charging for it. I'd be equally happy to have a proper part-time job with inXile.

mhenr18

View user profile http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:29 pm

@mhenr18 wrote:No.

Just, no.

If I've got something to officially announce, I'll put it in a post. Until I arrange something with inXile, nothing is definite w.r.t releasing Unleashed.
Also, do you seriously think that 12.5% of steam users give a damn about Line Rider? Plus, buying a game != joining a forum.
Additionally, if Unleashed does go on Steam there's no way I'd point people to this forum. Right now there's a hideous ad that's front and center on the site telling me that I can move to the US for free. I'd be ashamed to have that kind of trash on an official forum, especially when combined with a site that would have been modern in 2003.

Finally, I wouldn't mind getting some kind of payment for my work on this but that doesn't mean charging for it. I'd be equally happy to have a proper part-time job with inXile.

Yes, you said you would, you said you would while I we were at the livestream that you'd put it on steam. Second, you argued your end to get payed, Third, I never said buying a game = joining a forum

kevansevans wrote: "Not everyone will get he game" and "If they do get the game, not every one will join the forums",

You never said you'd try to get it on steam, you never said you'd like it to be free. You sir have to be more careful with your words, because people like me are going to believe them word for word.

[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Well even at its height IRTL never had more than about a thousand active members. I don't see why an influx that was less than, say, 500 wouldn't be easily absorbed by us (after all, we have loads of bored staff members and elites, lol) and 100 new members is extremely optimistic. I'll be surprised if we get a dozen.

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Don't the LCC have their own secret forum section? Perhaps you can make another one for the active/mature/decent-players members (If for some reason there is a problem).
Also I think if we go with a similar plan, everybody who comes here regularly pre-unleashed should be allowed in the new section, because that would be retarded if any of us were excluded

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't want WRTL to become an elitist hierarchy. sorry. :|

having elites and staff and LCC is plenty, I'm not going to have "senior members" or something dumb like that.

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:06 pm

shotoku wrote:for the active/mature/decent-players members
I'm out.

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:54 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:I don't want WRTL to become an elitist hierarchy. sorry. :|
imho, it already is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:27 pm

@Helios Pavonine wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:I don't want WRTL to become an elitist hierarchy. sorry. :|
imho, it already is.
http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t54-current-staff-and-ranks-log
Yeah, considering all the usergroups are closed-groups too, I'm afraid that I'll have to agree with Helios

Fauxfyre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:13 pm

shotoku wrote:
@Helios Pavonine wrote:
imho, it already is.
Yeah, considering all the usergroups are closed-groups too, I'm afraid that I'll have to agree with Helios
You don't want to go down this road with me. I already know Helios loves to whine and drive me crazy, I don't need even more people.

We have administrators and mods. Function is obvious.

We have LCC Members. Best in Line Rider make collabs.

We have elites. They help with things like contests, livestream, LAOTW, and set an example for other members.
EDIT: This is the closest thing to a hierarchy we have - But I think without them the site would have crashed and burned long ago because people wouldn't know who to look up to.

We have retired staff. function is obvious.

We have Line Rider Legends, to honor people who have made an irreplaceable impact on the game.

Are you telling me that you should be allowed to join one of these groups just because you feel like it?

Are you telling me to get rid of one of these ranks?

Are you telling me to make more ranks?

Are you telling me that some people don't deserve the ranks they have? That others do?

I haven't heard a convincing argument for any of these. Chances, are, if you can make a persuasive argument for any of these you're already an elite or staff.

AND YET PEOPLE STILL BAWWW ABOUT HOW THIS SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A RANK

EVEN TODAY, IN 2012

IT NEVER STOPS

I don't understand how this community can continue to act so f***ing immature. I hear argument after argument but they're all based in "I deserve a rank so either change the system so I have one or get rid of the rank or else I'll throw a fit until I get what I want!"

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Spoiler:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
shotoku wrote:
@Helios Pavonine wrote:
imho, it already is.
You don't want to go down this road with me. I already know Helios loves to whine and drive me crazy, I don't need even more people.

We have administrators and mods. Function is obvious.

We have LCC Members. Best in Line Rider make collabs.

We have elites. They help with things like contests, livestream, LAOTW, and set an example for other members.
EDIT: This is the closest thing to a hierarchy we have - But I think without them the site would have crashed and burned long ago because people wouldn't know who to look up to.

We have retired staff. function is obvious.

We have Line Rider Legends, to honor people who have made an irreplaceable impact on the game.

Are you telling me that you should be allowed to join one of these groups just because you feel like it?

Are you telling me to get rid of one of these groups?

Are you telling me to make more?

Are you telling me that some people don't deserve the ranks they have?

I haven't heard a convincing argument for any of those three.

AND YET PEOPLE STILL BAWWW ABOUT HOW THIS SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A RANK

EVEN TODAY, IN 2012

IT NEVER STOPS

I don't understand how this community can continue to act so f***ing immature. I hear argument after argument but they're all based in "I deserve a rank so either change the system so I have one or get rid of the rank or else I'll throw a fit until I get what I want!"

Geez, I was only proposing a way to keep the original guys together, not a flame war...
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:29 pm

The originals will still be known, the originals will not scatter into the cloud that is known as noobiness.

For we are one.

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 pm

What? Lol. Nobody will find this forum, especially if mhenr doesn't want to direct buyers here. And the site was great back when we had 1000 active members; nobody was "annoyed." No new ranks or sections. *bangs gavel*

Steve Lives
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:58 pm

You know what they say: The more the merrier. I'd be perfectly happy with >9000 noobs joining.

Though at the most it will be ~500. :P

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

@OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

@FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

Cereal
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:02 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:"I deserve a rank so either change the system so I have one or get rid of the rank or else I'll throw a fit until I get what I want!"
Where the hell did this come from? My god. What did I say?
I do think there is somewhat of a hierarchy. Do I have a problem with this? No. Do I desire change? Not really. Did someone throw a fit and demand a higher rank? Not since I've been here. I am terribly confused of where these rantings are coming from.

And...
@rabid squirrel wrote:AND YET PEOPLE STILL BAWWW ABOUT HOW THIS SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A RANK
A lot of this must have happened before I came here to make you this pissed off for this long.

Fauxfyre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:40 pm

^ people have always been complaining about ranks and stuff, just not recently until now kind of.

Also why would keavan make this post?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 pm

kevansevans wrote:I propose, for when this happens, a separate section for us original members, the active members here that we know play the game and/or participate, just a separate section for us to chill and not deal with floods of comments. We set it up so it's a rank that you are rewarded, I.E. "Core member", so no one thinks we're douchebags. And to make it work, we'll have a rank nom thread to recruit new members to spread the word of encouragement, even though all it get's us is a few more thread discussions.

Are you trying to make WRTL more like ELR?

CamQuartr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 pm

@CamQuartr wrote:
kevansevans wrote:I propose, for when this happens, a separate section for us original members, the active members here that we know play the game and/or participate, just a separate section for us to chill and not deal with floods of comments. We set it up so it's a rank that you are rewarded, I.E. "Core member", so no one thinks we're douchebags. And to make it work, we'll have a rank nom thread to recruit new members to spread the word of encouragement, even though all it get's us is a few more thread discussions.

Are you trying to make WRTL more like ELR?

Oh God, no. Anything but that.

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

@OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

@FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

Cereal
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:06 pm

This is the grey's way of locking a thread Hehe

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:17 pm

^ seriously, I'm getting tired of the backseat modding. I don't want to start 1-day banning people. But it has to stop.
shotoku wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:"I deserve a rank so either change the system so I have one or get rid of the rank or else I'll throw a fit until I get what I want!"
Where the hell did this come from? My god. What did I say?
I do think there is somewhat of a hierarchy. Do I have a problem with this? No. Do I desire change? Not really. Did someone throw a fit and demand a higher rank? Not since I've been here. I am terribly confused of where these rantings are coming from.

And...
@rabid squirrel wrote:AND YET PEOPLE STILL BAWWW ABOUT HOW THIS SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY UNFAIR SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A RANK
A lot of this must have happened before I came here to make you this pissed off for this long.
@Bold - yeah pretty much

Sorry I snapped at you in particular. This (people who think they are entitled to a rank based on nothing other than the fact that they want it) is really the one single thing that makes me hate this community sometimes, and it's been going on for so long, and so many people over the years think they're being so clever, and that I somehow haven't seen it dozens of times before. It's gotten to the point that... well... I snap at people wrongfully like I did at you. I'm sorry.

Here's some sample scenarios that have happened in the past, all of them multiple times:
  1. Someone demands a rank be removed because they feel they deserve it, pretend it's because they think the rank is pointless
  2. Someone goes on a rampage of borderline-spamming, claiming it's "contribution" and then gets mad when they don't get elite (or power, when we had them) (I've even seen people say "I edited my post to make it contribute" when they added "also nice job on the track")
  3. Someone demands that IRTL's infrastructure/rankings system is a mess and needs some serious changes, stemming from their failure to become more than grey
  4. Someone suggest a rank be added because they would be part of that rank, struggle to find a legitimate rank to add or a reason to add the rank ...e.g. this thread...
  5. Someone attacks me personally when they get demoted, making all sorts of ridiculous claims about the supposed secret reasons for their demotion
  6. Someone declares that elites should be more "open" to promotions, because they think they should be elite by now
  7. Someone decides that their rank is supposedly stupid because of all the whining about ranks all over the forum, and flames staff until they are demoted
  8. Someone makes a dramatic shift from a great contributing member to a bitter troll because they realize they aren't going to get elite or because they get reprimanded or demoted
  9. Someone "volunteers to help" and then gets bitter/angry at everyone when they don't get promoted
  10. Someone goes inactive once they realize they will probably never be elite or LCC unless they change how they post/play Line Rider

also @ kevans - I find it seriously awkward that you refer to yourself as one of the "original guys"

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:

also @ kevans - I find it seriously awkward that you refer to yourself as one of the "original guys"

Dully noted. I was on ELR more than I/WRTL, so....

@Cam

ah hells no, I just couldn't think of a better way to get people in.
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:03 am

I just want GFX Rider back :'(

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down