We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes?

+6
rabid squirrel
roflmaoqwerty
Summoning
CamQuartr
Cereal
[senpai] kevans
10 posters

Go down

When does it crash/freeze?

When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Vote_lcap0%When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Vote_lcap0%When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Vote_lcap100%When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 9

When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Empty When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes?

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 pm

I want to ad a bug fix that will automatically turn off the autosave when the line count exceeds a certain number.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Empty Re: When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes?

Post by Cereal Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:33 pm

I drew >7000 lines and saved.

No crash.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes? Empty Re: When does your track become so big that when you save, it crashes/freezes?

Post by CamQuartr Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:42 pm

The only time line rider will EVER crash for me, is after I save and go and press play. Even at 40,000 lines, same thing will happen as if it was at 1,000

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 am

The only time mine crashes is when I save and hit a hotkey other than shift or backspace
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 am

To test this, I drew scenery lines with the pencil and saved in 1000-line increments. I began experiencing lag at 193,000 and finally crashed at 212,000 upon saving.
Not sure if this is the program or my computer, here's a pared down dxdiag if it's pertinent to the testing:

quick pc diagnostic check, hope this helps:
Don't worry, I didn't spend more than half an hour on this.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:34 am

I've actually never had it freeze while SAVING... up to 30,000+ lines. I don't think there has ever been a larger save in Line Rider, actually.

I've had it freeze while playing, drawing lines, opening a track while a big track was open, and zooming, but I usually just click "No" a few times and it unfreezes. Only with corruptions, and that one time opening your track kevans, have I ever had line rider actually CRASH completely. I frequently wonder if people just get impatient and assume the game has "crashed", hit "Yes" and then it stops the script and the game becomes non-functional.

Actually, that includes my old computer that would run at 4fps with 12,000 lines, and my ANCIENT PC I split a 15k community scenery project on once when it was running at 2fps - at one point I saved it and it worked fine, I just had to be patient. Never actually had Line Rider crash except with corruptions, which could happen at any linecount. And never even got the message display of "this script is running slowly" during saving.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 am

>5000. Much more than 5000.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:46 am

I saved with 50,000 lines, no crash. The pressing play after saving thing? Yeah, I get that too.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 am

Maybe a little over 9,000. Hehe

/4srs
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:45 am

When I have over 20,000 lines it starts to lag, then at about 70,000 lines it stops working and crash's.
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Okay, so I'm thinking to set the limit at 20,000 where the autosave will simply not save, or will it turn it off for you? Or just not put in that lmit.

(Little tidbit, clicking the ON for autosave at any time will force an autosave, this is a great way to test what your machine can handle)
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum