LR 3.3 plus is now out + FAQ

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LR 3.3 plus is now out + FAQ

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:24 am

kevansevans wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:
Kramwood wrote:the only thing I have an issue with is the auto save feature. It' a great Idea, but you know when you have a crap load of lines and then you go to save it, and then when you do lr's script crashes? that's happening to me whenever it auto saves. I know you can turn it off but it's kind of pointless when you get to a higher line count in the track.
Maybe there's something you can do to get around this? idk

How many lines would you say this starts to happen? I'll put a limit just below that number.
depends on the computer quite a lot...

also kram - if you just click "no" a few times it will be fine, you won't have to restart

also, can't you just turn off autosaving when the lincount gets too big?

That's what I want to do. If I can get a reasonable number, I can tell it to not save when it's above that ¬¬
I mean can't the person using line rider just turn it off if it causes problems, in the controls menu

e.g. I would probably not want it to turn off until I got above 10,000. kram would want it to turn off at about 1,000.

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:14 pm

K, here's the last 3.3 update, this comes with an autosave limit of 30k. Sorry kram for not completely solving this problem for you Sad

mediafire.com ?ta133brx447xvnh

I'm leaving the other link at the original post for those who do not want the autosave limit.

And with that being said, 3.3 plus is out. this has every new line type I've made, and no autosave limit.

mediafire.com ?5msvikyd6a7mtot
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

View user profile https://github.com/kevansevans/openLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

No contact points? D:

Ph0enix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:58 pm

kevansevans wrote:K, here's the last 3.3 update, this comes with an autosave limit of 30k. Sorry kram for not completely solving this problem for you Sad

mediafire.com ?ta133brx447xvnh

I'm leaving the other link at the original post for those who do not want the autosave limit.

And with that being said, 3.3 plus is out. this has every new line type I've made, and no autosave limit.

mediafire.com ?5msvikyd6a7mtot

I think the problem with the autosave wasn't the lines, but the fact that when some people save the game crashes if they press a hotkey. My lr has done this on every computer I've had
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:52 am

Okay, this has been bothering me, but I'm going to try to attack that damn compatibility issue, and try to fix it with my version, and since I'm such a nice guy, i'll do it to 6X too. I just tried using cs3 to test the problem, but it didn't work, but there is still more stuff to try.
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 am

Actually, this does sound crazy, but 6.7 is the broken version. I went through a very careful process, using Kramwoods IRIS to test these, and these were the results (cs# = version exported, first FP# = flash player exported, second FP# = flash player run under, last # = version)

cs3/fp9/fp9/6.2 = fail
cs3/fp9/fp9/6.7 = Works
cs3/fp9/fp9/3.3 = fail
cs3/fp9/fp9/6X = fail
cs4/fp9/fp9/6.2 = fail
cs4/fp9/fp9/6.7 = Works
cs4/fp9/fp9/3.3 = fail
cs4/fp9/fp9/6X = fail
cs3/fp10/fp9/6.2 = fail
cs3/fp10/fp9/6.7 = Works
cs3/fp10/fp9/3.3 = fail
cs3/fp10/fp9/6X = fail
cs4/fp10/fp9/6.2 = fail
cs4/fp10/fp9/6.7 = Works
cs4/fp10/fp9/3.3 = fail
cs4/fp10/fp9/6X = fail

well, you get the picture.

Video evidence

So in conclusion, 6.7 is the broken version, and every thing else is normal ¬¬ Which means that in order to fix this, I have to technically break it. Which world be a much harder process. so never mind. Go ahead, try 6.2.

EDIT: here a little hierarchical list of versions that can do what (assuming using only core lines)

Hax< 6.7 < 3.3 plus, 3.3 standard and 6x < 6.2 and everything else including beta 3
10x gravity is it's own class
Beta 1 is it's own class
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 am

Wait, so why did you make the color playback available in the options?

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:14 pm

This would explain why I was having problems with Unnoticed when I tried to run your first V3 on it after building the track on 6.7.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:06 pm

HG42 wrote:Wait, so why did you make the color playback available in the options?

Umm, because it's a useful feature?

What does this have to do with anything?
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:11 pm

HG42 wrote:Wait, so why did you make the color playback available in the options?
It's for lazy people like me who don't feel like holding the c key every time I want to play it back in color

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:25 pm

shotoku wrote:
It's for lazy people like me who don't feel like holding the c key every time I want to play it back in color

In 6.7 you don't have to hold the c button...

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:10 am

@TheRevTastic wrote:
shotoku wrote:

In 6.7 you don't have to hold the c button...
How do you do it O.o

I would have liked being able to turn it on and off without going to the menu and back every time personally, maybe that's just me.

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:00 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:How do you do it O.o

He's talking about the glitch where you press y at just the right time during loading where it plays in color.

I would have liked being able to turn it on and off without going to the menu and back every time personally, maybe that's just me.

This is how I intended it. I'm not a big fan of stretching my fingers all over the place just for one simple action. Also, if you hold more than 3 keys down, the ones you hold past that will be ignored, so in example Shift+A+C+Y, where the Y key would be ignored. So this only makes the UI more comfortable and convenient.

[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 pm

kevansevans wrote:

He's talking about the glitch where you press y at just the right time during loading where it plays in color.

This is how I intended it. I'm not a big fan of stretching my fingers all over the place just for one simple action. Also, if you hold more than 3 keys down, the ones you hold past that will be ignored, so in example Shift+A+C+Y, where the Y key would be ignored. So this only makes the UI more comfortable and convenient.

well the C key could still toggle it on and off, and just stick, in addition to the menu change

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Kevan thinks it's too much work to make it do that.

And if so, why can't you just make it a hotkey toggle and have it notify you that you toggled color playback? That way, it would be convenient for everyone.

Also, I was able to do Shift+A+C+Y just fine in 6.7. What's so different about that?

Alsoalso, I wish the normal flag was slightly transparent, because it's really large when you're in full zoom.

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:19 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:

well the C key could still toggle it on and off, and just stick, in addition to the menu change

I just tap C and it works, I don't have to hold it down.

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:23 pm

@TheRevTastic wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:

when do you tap c? I just tried it and it didn't work, it doesn't look like c does anything in 3.3 to me...

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:25 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
@TheRevTastic wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:

when do you tap c? I just tried it and it didn't work, it doesn't look like c does anything in 3.3 to me...

I tap it at the same time as I click on the play button in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:42 pm

@TheRevTastic wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
@TheRevTastic wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:

That's the same as holding it. We weren't saying you had to hold it for the entire playback, you hold it WHEN YOU PRESS PLAY.
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:47 pm

kevansevans wrote:
@TheRevTastic wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
@TheRevTastic wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:

That's the same as holding it. We weren't saying you had to hold it for the entire playback, you hold it WHEN YOU PRESS PLAY.

Tapping =/= holding, but I see where you're coming from.

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:07 pm

@TheRevTastic wrote:
kevansevans wrote:
@TheRevTastic wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
@TheRevTastic wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:

Tapping =/= holding, but I see where you're coming from.

Mainly doing this because I want to continue the quote...

I'll update the shortcut keys, and I'll try to release a special .exe and .app versions. These don't require an external program to run, and open at their correct resolution, so when recording, they'll be exact.
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:27 pm

New fixes and shortcut keys added.

The bug I fixed is autosaving while loading. this would cause the start point to not move to the correct position if it saves during mid load, making the track useless.

Keys added

` will open options
[ will pause track
] will resume track
C toggles color, both ways when on and off.

And while i'm at it, i'm trying to fix the xy snap for 6x, because I'm a nice guy like that. and that's all I'm going to touch (other than obvious decompiler issues)

mediafire.com ?licfg5oq62zu1p8 <-- plus
mediafire.com ?7q1ee61n2re4b3w <-- standard.
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Inverted Onoz

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content