WRTL Community Scenery Project: Rejuvenated!

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WRTL Community Scenery Project: Rejuvenated!

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Okay took a closer look at this.

I really like the fireworks and I added some more where I thought they can go to be visible at the end... and I don't actually want to delete Opal's. I just want to add three more. Or rather, I want Opal to add three more. since he already made the first three and can make these three match them.

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:43 pm

I can try. It might be a while before I actually have time.

Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:11 am

here's the sketch:

here's the .sol (that sketch in the image is in the .sol):
bit.ly 1xDOJ8T

here is the puppy I will murder if this isn't released before december:

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname219 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:03 am

I'm kinda surprised this collab is still going on. I mean, I don't even remember being part of this. Glad to know it's almost finished. Smile I asked on linerider.fr if there was any good scener interested in making the final monument. I'm not sure if there's someone qualified for this anymore.

Also, yeah, still not decided to get back to the drawing board, but I might released all my unfinished savedlines just for fun. Maybe.
Noname219

View user profile http://www.linerider.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:03 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:here is the puppy I will murder if this isn't released before december:
I lol'd.

Do we really need fireworks? I've looked up some fireworks clipart and none of it looks realistic enough to look good next to the statue. Maybe the white space would serve as a sort of boldness to emphasize the statue.

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:08 pm

fireworks aren't silent. i feel like just the statue of liberty conveys a more of a "silent" flame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:28 pm

I think if you actually took a look at the track in the .sol itself it would be clear that *something* needs to be happening to the left side of the statue. It's just white space and it doesn't look finished.

I'm seriously annoyed at you guys for popping in out of nowhere after sitting in not-doing-anything silence for months. efraz, the fireworks were your idea in the first place back in like july. Opal volunteered to do them when you pooped out on me, and he's already done three and they look great. You can't see them in the screenshot except for the smallest one.

If either of you have an idea for a better thing to put in the white space with something "silent", please. hit me. But only if you're prepared to actually do it yourself.

Sorry, I'm just mad because if we just delete the fireworks that will mean I spent 3 months pushing for something that we ended up scrapping because you guys don't think we need them. I'm really angry at both of you that you didn't express these opinions back in august when we were actually making this decision and instead waited until Opal and I had done all this work. And also that you won't work on anything for months but feel like you can pop in and post opinions. Do you guys actually CARE about this project? does anyone care about it besides me? Does anyone actually care about ANYTHING around here besides me?

EDIT: okay. to clarify. I feel like nobody but me cares about the community collaborations besides me.

----------

In other news, I think LineBenji is going to try finishing clarifaction.

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:05 am

that's completely fair. i hear where you're coming from.

you've probably noticed this, but there's a sort of "tide" of activity. in the summer, there is a lot of free time, some members return, and there are so many enthusiastic members that start huge projects, only to see the community decline around early-october. it's sad, but that's what happens when there are so many older members with real-world responsibilities.

when i joined the forum back when i was a 14 year old, i never would have thought that i would have such a loving community to grow up with and teach me how to be resourceful and understanding. being an awkward kid with asperger's (as i'm sure many other members were) IRTL practically taught me how to behave normally both on and off the internet. if you look at my 2011 posts, i was a complete idiot, an adolescent attention-seeking freak that, looking back on it, makes me wonder how you and the rest of the community put up with it.

as i learned the game, i grew as a person. i could vent my typical high school drama, my stereotypical highschool existential crisis, and i could listen to others and care about them just as much as they did. it was truly liberating for me. i'd also moved twice between 2010 and 2014. this community was the only consistent group of friends i've had in that time, and for that i'm so grateful.

now, i'm 18, a highschooler taking his senior pictures in a couple of weeks. i'm (hopefully) graduating with a 3.6 and roughly 26 college credits. some of my friends on the community helped me get to that point, helping me with what to expect and how to deal with stress and such. nonetheless, i'm currently taking four college classes, leaving little time for Line Rider. Even as I'm writing this, I should be working on a 4,000 word essay due on friday.

today, a good sum of the members are in college, or graduated, and a couple are even married. heck, kevan is in the military! we've all changed for the better from IRTL's life lessons, helping us with relationships, and bettering us all. unfortunately, that also means less time for the very thing thing that we (i, at least) owe my success to.

back to my whole "tide" concept. every year there's been two or three members that come to visit during thanksgiving break, followed by at least a dozen during the holidays. sometimes this helps with projects finishing, tracks being released, contests being successful, etc. but the members from that surge will eventually receed back until spring break, at the earliest, and summer at the latest.

sorry for the rant, but i want you, rabid, and the rest of the community to know how thankful i am for having this forum here for me when i needed it most.

/rant

not sure where to go with this, but i'm sorry for not being as consistent as i should be. what do you think would go well in the background?

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:38 am

I'm fine with the fireworks myself and i had tried doing them but they didn't turnout right for me, so i believe that opal had done a massively better job than me.

On the other hand if they were to be scrapped, which would be a great shame, Stars are technically flames and we can't hear them on earth so they are silent too.

but i'd stick with the fire works

@Sheldon wrote:one does not simply teach a scener how to quirk

Hello Guest, lovely to see you.
Getthim

Muggle dragon born

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks for the wonderful thoughtful post efraz.

@efrazable wrote:being an awkward kid with asperger's (as i'm sure many other members were) IRTL practically taught me how to behave normally both on and off the internet.
Including myself. Diagnosed with Asperger's in 3rd grade.
@efrazable wrote:if you look at my 2011 posts, i was a complete idiot, an adolescent attention-seeking freak that, looking back on it, makes me wonder how you and the rest of the community put up with it.
Hah, you weren't that bad. Yeah, you were a bit annoying but you grew out of it Smile
@efrazable wrote:when i joined the forum back when i was a 14 year old, i never would have thought that i would have such a loving community to grow up with and teach me how to be resourceful and understanding.
i'd also moved twice between 2010 and 2014. this community was the only consistent group of friends i've had in that time, and for that i'm so grateful.
This means a lot. and I feel similarly. through high school, college, and now a professional life this place has stayed relatively constant. I'm glad that others including yourself feel similarly grateful for this community Smile
@efrazable wrote:nonetheless, i'm currently taking four college classes, leaving little time for Line Rider. Even as I'm writing this, I should be working on a 4,000 word essay due on friday.
today, a good sum of the members are in college, or graduated, and a couple are even married. heck, kevan is in the military! we've all changed for the better from IRTL's life lessons, helping us with relationships, and bettering us all. unfortunately, that also means less time for the very thing thing that we (i, at least) owe my success to.
Yeah, I hear you, and I hear everyone, and I understand. Heck, I left for 9 months to finish all my college senior projects (and work through my depression). But I just don't want this site to go away entirely. It's like, on an individual level I can totally understand people not being around... but on a collective level I'm like "but you can't ALL go away"... honestly it would be better for us to just get new members and keep a continuous cycle going but the waves of new members just seem to be getting smaller and smaller.

It's very frustrating for me because I'm not the kind of person who just wants to open line rider in my own little cave and never talk to anyone while I work. I was talking to my girlfriend about this when I was upset last night and realized that throughout making Bolted I was always MSNing with DaPoe and ZNF and then when I was working on archaeology I was MSNing with CC and GhostY and then while making Warp I was streaming and then I could vent stuff like what I was doing and how excited I was about this one thing that worked and how bored I was doing this repetitive thing and what % I was done with whatever and stuff. It's hard for me to stream and work on projects when nobody is watching or nobody seems to care. I realized I wish I could just make the art on my own but that's just not what gets me excited. What gets me excited is talking to other people about what I'm doing while I make it and I can't bear the thought of having nobody left to talk to.
@efrazable wrote:what do you think would go well in the background?
Honestly? I spent a lot of time thinking about this back in august (clouds? birds? planes? rain? sun? godzilla?) and when you suggested fireworks I was like, bingo!

Getthim's stars idea is good... but they would have a tendency to either look like weird dots, or much more cartoony than the fireworks. Or we could shade the entire sky in black, that would look cool. But way too time consuming xD

In short, I hope opal finishes the fireworks because I really like the ones he made. And I won't actually murder a puppy if he doesn't by December. But surely you can find time in the next week or two to make three more identical fireworks? How much time do you think that will take, opal?

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:57 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
It's very frustrating for me because I'm not the kind of person who just wants to open line rider in my own little cave and never talk to anyone while I work. I was talking to my girlfriend about this when I was upset last night and realized that throughout making Bolted I was always MSNing with DaPoe and ZNF and then when I was working on archaeology I was MSNing with CC and GhostY and then while making Warp I was streaming and then I could vent stuff like what I was doing and how excited I was about this one thing that worked and how bored I was doing this repetitive thing and what % I was done with whatever and stuff. It's hard for me to stream and work on projects when nobody is watching or nobody seems to care. I realized I wish I could just make the art on my own but that's just not what gets me excited. What gets me excited is talking to other people about what I'm doing while I make it and I can't bear the thought of having nobody left to talk to.
@efrazable wrote:what do you think would go well in the background?
Honestly? I spent a lot of time thinking about this back in august (clouds? birds? planes? rain? sun? godzilla?) and when you suggested fireworks I was like, bingo!

THISSSSSS getting feedback form people immedietely and just being able to talk to a person daily about the topic of linerider really gives a whole new feeling towards the game.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanksgiving break is coming up soon. I should be able to work on it then, when i'm not visiting with family and the likes.

Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LineBenji on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi everybody!
I can scene the final sketch if you want.
I don't have a lot of time but it'll not be very long to do it.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LineBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:44 pm

woohoo!
@Commandercoke wrote:I'm moving along at an embarrassingly lethargic pace, but I'm working through ideas and sketches - a lot of which I'm pushing via real life drawings.  
Here's what I drew to focus the monument on http://imgur.com/VoU3e9C
And here's what I have drafted in LR so far http://imgur.com/TWF3Vqy
I'll just put this here. the .sol and CC's sketch. All we need is some added detail and smoothing and such. Just be warned the monument is quite large.

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by LineBenji on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Thanks for the link. I think I'll scene it tonight. I send you my work as soon as possible.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LineBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:06 pm

^ great!

@Opal Rider wrote:Thanksgiving break is coming up soon. I should be able to work on it then, when i'm not visiting with family and the likes.
soooo hey opal

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:57 pm

I'll see if I can keep any puppies from being killed. Not finished quite yet though.

Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:49 am

@Opal Rider wrote:I'll see if I can keep any puppies from being killed. Not finished quite yet though.
I take that to mean work is being done? Very Happy

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:43 am

Yes. Slowly. It's dead week right now. Don't know how much I can promise.

Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:46 am

Okay. dunno what dead week is.

@LineBenji wrote:Hi.
I tried to open the .sol Saturday, but unfortunately, Bosh felt few curves after the start. I don't know if I uploaded the right file but i can't scene it.
Give me some news about that Wink
LineBenji
Yes, it was made in flash player 8 or 9 on a Windows machine. The physics changed between Flash Player 9 and 10 on Windows to match with the Mac physics but clarifaction was made before this change.

If you are on Windows, go here and download Flash Player 9:
http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t9106-master-list-of-flash-player-standalones?highlight=flash+player
and open line rider with that and clarifaction should work fine.

If you are on a Mac, you either have to live with not being able to see it, and watch the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAMSaEzveUA
OR you can follow this mildly complex tutorial that kramwood made:
http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t10512-tutorial-standalone-flash-player-8-for-pc-on-mac

It shouldn't make a lot of difference, since you are just finishing CC's sketch for the stall and the rest is already scened (in different splits). You don't really ever need to hit the play button.

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 am

@LineBenji wrote:Ok, I'll scene it without pressing the play button Wink .
The sketch is amazing, how many lines can I add ?
As many lines as you would like!

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Dead week is the week before finals where you do nothing but study.

Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Gotcha.

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:39 pm

Update: Opal said he is working on fireworks in chat today.

LineBenji:
I think i'll finished to scene the collaboration during my Christmas holiday.
(on monday)

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:08 pm

opal seriously why is it taking you so long now, you're on break...?

You've literally been working on this for FOUR MONTHS

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top