We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The true spirit of Line Rider

+7
Conundrumer
mhenr18
efrazable
Fauxfyre
Opal Rider
Cereal
[senpai] kevans
11 posters

Go down

The true spirit of Line Rider Empty The true spirit of Line Rider

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 pm

You know, all this talking about things making line rider easy and things ruining the spirit of line rider has got me thinking. Everything was too easy and against the original vision of Fsk's dream. So here I present the "True Spirit of Line Rider: The way Fsk Wanted it" version.

This version is true blue to everything, Like how doom has the doom bible, I went around and compiled my own "Line Rider Bible".

The Line tool is removed, that just makes things way too easy.
The flag tool is removed, that too makes it easy.
The eraser was gone. Fsk wanted this game to be like Life, if you make a mistake, there are no redo's or undo's.
Colors are gone too. I mean, red lines just make speeding up way to easy, and who wants to draw? The game is Line Rider, not Line Rider and Drawing.
Zoom is gone, again, makes things way to easy.
No black/color lines. Everything is like a pencil, so you have no Idea which side is which. Unless you pay attention a [censored] load.
No gravity wells either, yup, what Fsk couldn't get rid of, I managed to do.
This is a "demake" of beta 2, so you can load your sols, and if you have other lines they'll work... but... you can't add red or green.

Here's some AWESOME screenshots!

The true spirit of Line Rider Spirit1

The true spirit of Line Rider Spirit2

The true spirit of Line Rider Spirit3

Here's the download link!
http://www.mediafire.com/?argyo6a4f9354cy

Spoiler:

Last edited by kevansevans on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

The true spirit of Line Rider Empty Re: The true spirit of Line Rider

Post by Cereal Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Beta 1 is pretty legit. I remember making a couple of flings (and an alt fling) in it. Wink

Also, Sorvius has already made a "LR Bible". Just sayin'.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

This is way past beta 1. No gravity wells, as said in the large block of text.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 pm

I think the reason people like line rider is that you can be creative and show off what you spent your time creating on the game. Most people say new tools would make it "too easy" because they would make it too easy to imitate others and we would be stuck in a flood of tracks that are far too similar. I for one though, think line rider needs to change every now and then to keep people interested and make it so there is more inertia to keep people making new and different tracks.
That is what the true spirit of line rider is

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 pm

efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:53 am

Actually you've entirely missed the point. Cadez had a build of LR (v7.0) ready to go with wind lines. He was far more progressive than anyone here was.

Also efraz, get that GIF out of your sig. I can't concentrate on writing a reply when right above it is a GIF with people getting run over by a bus.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:34 am

Satire, anyone?

I mean, think about how frustrated you would feel if everyone repeatedly told you "stop making new things, it sucks"
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:12 am

mhenr18 wrote:Actually you've entirely missed the point. Cadez had a build of LR (v7.0) ready to go with wind lines. He was far more progressive than anyone here was.

Of course he was, he's the creator. I'd actually like to see those wind lines if you have any.

Conundrumer wrote:Satire, anyone?

I mean, think about how frustrated you would feel if everyone repeatedly told you "stop making new things, it sucks"

^
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

The true spirit of Line Rider Empty I am the ruler of all I see

Post by JoaTrades Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:15 pm

The true spirit of line rider is playing a stoppid computer game and having people IRL say stuff like "I don't get it. That game looks retarded. Die [censored]." That's what LR is all about.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Spirit of line rider is in the community, the game by itself is nothing, but when you can show people and learn new things it comes alive.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:24 pm

I believe it's just playing the game the way you want to, and if you want to play like the rest, and meet certain standards, then go ahead. Just be nice about how other people play, or think.

That being said I might as well bring this up and be serious about the features that make this easy. I know which features are obviously going to ruin the game, like auto stacking and... umm... some other features. But if there is a set of people who think it's a good idea, then by golly it's a good idea, and they think it adds to the formula, and still gives you the same results. If you don't like a feature, let us know, but if your only excuse is "It makes it too easy" (except for the obvious ones) or "It ruins the spirit", I'm going to ignore you.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:05 pm

"it's to easy" is a valid excuse if you can explain it.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:05 pm

I get what you're trying to do with this satire, and let me say:
Just because some new things are good, it doesn't mean all new things are good, or even that most new things are good.
In fact, most new things are bad. Think about all the ridiculously stupid possibilities you could do. Lines that kill him if he touches them! Lines that automatically crash the game! Lines that can't kill him! Lines that only make alt flings easier!
Oh wait, you've already done the last one.

That's NOT to say that there aren't any good things that could be added. Some things that could be investigated:
- Switches for track lines (that is, toggling them to appear or disappear)
- Gradual track or gravity rotation (every frame he's on the line, it rotates 1 degree, or something like that)
- Certain B3 features without lag. Multiple riders was an awesome idea, and trapdoor lines weren't bad either, but Jesus Christ you should see that baby lag.

That isn't to say that all of those things are good, but they're things that could possibly be investigated, rather than just lines that function to make alt flings easy or lines that are specifically made for grinding. Double-sided lines, sure, go for it, but I don't especially like your current builds.

I'm not forbidding you from making them, that'd be a hilariously futile and extremely unfair attempt at abusing my powers. Make as many of them as you want, add as many silly things as you want, and share them. You're absolutely 100% free to do so. I'm just saying that I don't like them, as a person.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I'm not forbidding you from making them, that'd be a hilariously futile and extremely unfair attempt at abusing my powers. Make as many of them as you want, add as many silly things as you want, and share them. You're absolutely 100% free to do so. I'm just saying that I don't like them, as a person.
I personally like to use Kevan's newer versions. I think at some point people are going to be using between 2-3 different versions, depending on their personal preference, as a person. Is this a bad thing? I don't think so

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Lines that only make alt flings easier!
It has been stated that he can still crash using this line. I'm not seeing how it's "easier".
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Traxis wrote:
"it's to easy" is a valid excuse if you can explain it.

That's what I meant.

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Lines that only make alt flings easier!

Woah, woah, when did I ever say that I made alt flings easier? If you're referring to the new lines, they can even do that!

I'm not forbidding you from making them, that'd be a hilariously futile and extremely unfair attempt at abusing my powers. Make as many of them as you want, add as many silly things as you want, and share them. You're absolutely 100% free to do so. I'm just saying that I don't like them, as a person.

Honestly, If it's a silly feature, I'll make a specific version with just that feature. But what I'm saying is that I want a legit reason why it's "easy" or "Spiritless" besides the fact that you said so. I can just do ever request at everyone's whim for no reason. if that was the case, there would be a version that acts like there a water level, and when below that he slows down, and when above he acts normal. But that rotate gravity by 1 degree every said interval may produce some amusing results and contests.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum