Compressa Mirabilis - WishLine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Compressa Mirabilis - WishLine

Post by WishLine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:12 am

Never let it be said that I don't actually play Line Rider :P

Allow me to introduce Compressa Mirabilis:

Here's the Youtube description for you:
From Latin meaning 'Fabulous/Strange Compressed Thing', this Line Rider track was based around the idea of creating a contained space, before drawing a track in it and scening the result. Usually, these are reserved for multiple Line Riders doing collaborations, but I've drawn all 15,000 Lines myself. The track is divided up into four main sections, with transitional 'passageways'.

There is
1. Technology/Lab
2. Underwater
3. Rocky Cliffs and
4. Construction

I hope you enjoy watching. Further Info Available on WRtL (www.weridethelines.com)

For you guys, here are some screenshots Smile
Spoiler:
Of the Maze:

Of the Naked Track:

Of the Finished Product:

I'm thinking of entering TOC IV with this. Extensive reviews welcome. I'd lol if somebody slammed me with my own Track Rating System xD

Last edited by WishLine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Compressa Mirabilis - WishLine

Post by Yobanjojoe on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:00 am

That was really good, good job Thumbs Up

The only advice I can give you, is to make sure your lines are more evenly spaced and your ramps are smoother.

Try different shades of scenery and always try to double line things, it usually makes it look alot better.

Yobanjojoe

swag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 am

@Yobanjojoe wrote:That was really good, good job Thumbs Up

The only advice I can give you, is to make sure your lines are more evenly spaced and your ramps are smoother.

Try different shades of scenery and always try to double line things, it usually makes it look alot better.

Thanks a lot! Smile Definitely will play around with double-lining. If you look at and compare where I have and haven't...I agree with you. The thickness works better. Smile

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 am

Nostalgia!

Great stuff. Loved every bit of it.

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:15 am

I see some early Wizzy inspiration in there. There were just a few points (Such as the rocky cliffs section) Where I felt the track was just a tad repetitive. I was going to use your own rating system, but then you mentioned it, and it wouldn't be as funny afterwards.

Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 am

@Opal Rider wrote:I see some early Wizzy inspiration in there. There were just a few points (Such as the rocky cliffs section) Where I felt the track was just a tad repetitive. I was going to use your own rating system, but then you mentioned it, and it wouldn't be as funny afterwards.

@Opal Rider wrote: I was going to use your own rating system, but then you mentioned it, and it wouldn't be as funny afterwards.

@Opal Rider wrote: I was going to use your own rating system

Thanks a lot for the feedback - I also need to think of how in future I'd have made rocky cliffs look a little more spicy. In the meantime, use it anyway. I insist. Embarrass me :P

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:32 am

MAJOR nostalgia, should have zoomed in a little more D:

super fun track.

Intro
"Aids, they killed my slaves. I need to go buy new ones". - ACwazHere
RyderLR

WHAT RHYMES WITH SHMINTRO?

View user profile http://youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:33 am

That scenery is fantastic, and I like how the scenery theme changes throughout the track. The track itself reminded me of what LineRizzle and AC would do, some type of track with those two styles combined in it. Wink
Stallie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:40 am

I'm not the best at advice, but I can say this - The Black Sea part's shading needs some work. I did the same thing when I made my 'parody' of Black Sea, whereas I shaded every section, instead of shading certain parts that needed it. The way Aqua did it was amazing, copying it isn't easy :P

Traxis

The True Giygas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:45 am

@Traxis wrote:I'm not the best at advice, but I can say this - The Black Sea part's shading needs some work. I did the same thing when I made my 'parody' of Black Sea, whereas I shaded every section, instead of shading certain parts that needed it. The way Aqua did it was amazing, copying it isn't easy :P

Yeah, black sea was the style he took to Four Boxez too. Nice inspiration. But I'm not Aqua, so I'm not crestfallen I'm not as good as him xD

Thanks a lot for all the feedback Smile

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:46 am

Love it! nostalgia for LCC's 4 Boxez like crazy.

some of it felt a little sloppy but that will improve with practice. Nice job!

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:51 am

Definitely reminded me of 4 Boxez!

I enjoyed the old school scenery and such.

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

@OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

@FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

Cereal
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:59 am

@rabid squirrel wrote:Love it! nostalgia for LCC's 4 Boxez like crazy.

some of it felt a little sloppy but that will improve with practice. Nice job!

No holy shoe?!?!?!?! I'm outraged :O. Nah, I joke Smile. I'm just glad you enjoyed it. I'll be sure to scene with more precision as I improve!

@Cereal wrote:Definitely reminded me of 4 Boxez!

I enjoyed the old school scenery and such.

Thanks a lot Smile - but what actually is it that is so outrageously 'old school' about me? Do I remind people of the 'good old days' or something? :P

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:55 pm

I like the level of detail plus the length of the track. You didn't ease up or get lazy at any part that I noticed

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:22 pm

shotoku wrote:I like the level of detail plus the length of the track. You didn't ease up or get lazy at any part that I noticed

Lol, good to know it gave that impression *shifty eyes*

Thanks so much for commenting, all. Means a lot Smile

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Loved it, Wish! Especially liked the music you chose. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say it's late 40s?

- An Actual [censored] Scenery Track :| -
StingReay

View user profile http://www.rennervate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:24 am

@StingReay wrote:Loved it, Wish! Especially liked the music you chose. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say it's late 40s?

That's around the mark. Glenn Miller's 'In The Mood'. Because it's nice :-)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's interesting to take a look at the adjectives people are using to describe this track. I'm pleased I released it!

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Really enjoyed it ^^
It's like a really nice feel-good track/scenery Very Happy
Great to see this length of track, I liked the scenery, some seemed a little sloppy in places though. However I'd love to see more tracks from you and best of luck scening/track making!

H4M W4Z H3R3
Sig by Lankher 'cos he is...Banned [ ] Not Banned [x]
I believe in magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:03 pm

This track is the best scenery track since Heaven.

I love how long it was, because most scenery tracks are about 15s now-days.

I'm looking at you Hedge.

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:22 am

YES! I smiled ferociously throughout the entire track. So fun. ^_^

Manuals, recycling, very respectable scenery, fun/fitting music! Great job Wish. I don't like numerical ratings so you get a Very Happy / 10.

Suggestions:
1) The more circular a manual track is, the better it is. :P It seems to just be science. You did a pretty good job with curves, but I'd suggest making more curves that are almost circles; example of what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/OZfbL.png
2) Practice! Smile I think you could become at manuals and the likes. It's apparent that you know how everything works. Watch some tracks that have smooth manuals that aren't 9000 pixels per second; it's really beneficial. Your placement/concentration of acceleration lines is the most important part.
3) Experiment with scenery! Very Happy You executed everything very well, and I am impressed. Upon seeing some parts I knew that track that influenced you, however. Creativity is often more important than execution. Unless you're an engineering student. ([censored] life. lmao)

Steve Lives
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:38 am

@ACwazHere wrote:YES! I smiled ferociously throughout the entire track. So fun. ^_^

Manuals, recycling, very respectable scenery, fun/fitting music! Great job Wish. I don't like numerical ratings so you get a Very Happy / 10.

Suggestions:
1) The more circular a manual track is, the better it is. :P It seems to just be science. You did a pretty good job with curves, but I'd suggest making more curves that are almost circles; example of what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/OZfbL.png
2) Practice! Smile I think you could become at manuals and the likes. It's apparent that you know how everything works. Watch some tracks that have smooth manuals that aren't 9000 pixels per second; it's really beneficial. Your placement/concentration of acceleration lines is the most important part.
Hehe bold.

1. so very true.

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3pXUP9GXE This helped me with manuals tremendously. Not the BEST track, but it also illustrates the circular manual idea. the smaller curves look less appealing.

Re-watching this I see how much I ACTUALLY enjoy it Very Happy
AC nailed it with his post.

Intro
"Aids, they killed my slaves. I need to go buy new ones". - ACwazHere
RyderLR

WHAT RHYMES WITH SHMINTRO?

View user profile http://youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by redcap on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 am

ryderofthelines wrote:
@ACwazHere wrote:YES! I smiled ferociously throughout the entire track. So fun. ^_^

Suggestions:
Hehe bold.

1. so very true.

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3pXUP9GXE This helped me with manuals tremendously. Not the BEST track, but it also illustrates the circular manual idea. the smaller curves look less appealing.

Re-watching this I see how much I ACTUALLY enjoy it Very Happy
AC nailed it with his post.

Couldn't have said it better, it's basically what I put on your youtube vid, just more verbose. Keep up the great work!

My cap withered away
Now its full to the brim cause Fred's dead

http://wearurcreed.com/ Go here and be enlightened.  Smile
http://goblinsinreallifesituations.blogspot.com/ Go here and be entertained.  8D

redcap

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Thanks guys. It's fully my intention to develop this in the next track I do Smile

Everybody's feedback has been very kind. I just hope you've all enjoyed it Very Happy

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katamariroller22 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:05 am

Allow me to start off by saying that I loved it! It was very entertaining for me and I really enjoyed it. The track was good, not great, but good. I found myself getting a bit bored of the recycling, since there weren't many tricks going on with the recycling, like having him a fling or something when he passes on the recycled line for the second time. The scenery was pretty good, it didn't wow me but it was definitely good. Overall I really liked the track, and am looking forward to seeing more from you!
8.5/10 8D

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:31 pm

@ACwazHere wrote:
1) The more circular a manual track is, the better it is. :P It seems to just be science. You did a pretty good job with curves, but I'd suggest making more curves that are almost circles; example of what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/OZfbL.png)

Stacked lines or Paint? :|

Kohuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum