Hymn

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hymn

Post by LineMagiX on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:31 pm

I hate when I feel like this but.. I'm the opposite of what everyone else is saying. Reasons why?

-Recording was so zoomed out that any feelings of smoothness or flowiness were gone. (I know it sounds bad to rag on a track because of the recording, but it makes a big difference to me)
-The emotional appeal you guys seem to be talking about had no affect on me.
-There were only a few key moments in this that were pretty cool but not eye-poppingly amazing like 0:22, and 0:50 as rabid said.
-The flow felt very 2008. With manuquirks that are kind of condensed in the sense that they go through the same area throughout the whole duration, just in different directions, need a more constant manual-style flow with some quirk tricks. (Check sum/cereal/instinct. They really depend more on the manuals more than the quirk. Why? Because they're better at it. :P) The stop n goes the way they were executed in this kind of killed it for me. D:
-The quirk/tricks demonstrated in this felt average at best, and it was kind of predictable.

Sorry bud. ;_; It might just be personal preference.

QUOTES:

Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD

My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:29 pm

I remember you showing me the music syncing you did with this track, it definitely worked Smile I really love how it's stop n go style, not only with all the quirking but also all the manuals as well.´╗┐ great work, keep it up!

Upon rewatching this, I think this will be one of those fun tracks I always come back to when I need some inspiration. Incredible flow, and so well produced!

I just want to say to everyone, explore what you already know and dance your own dance.  Don't be convinced there are standards in art, and don't be convinced you have to live up to them to be a good artist.
chaomocha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:41 pm

~boo wrote:I hate when I feel like this but.. I'm the opposite of what everyone else is saying. Reasons why?

-Recording was so zoomed out that any feelings of smoothness or flowiness were gone. (I know it sounds bad to rag on a track because of the recording, but it makes a big difference to me)
-The emotional appeal you guys seem to be talking about had no affect on me.
-There were only a few key moments in this that were pretty cool but not eye-poppingly amazing like 0:22, and 0:50 as rabid said.
-The flow felt very 2008. With manuquirks that are kind of condensed in the sense that they go through the same area throughout the whole duration, just in different directions, need a more constant manual-style flow with some quirk tricks. (Check sum/cereal/instinct. They really depend more on the manuals more than the quirk. Why? Because they're better at it. :P) The stop n goes the way they were executed in this kind of killed it for me. D:
-The quirk/tricks demonstrated in this felt average at best, and it was kind of predictable.

Sorry bud. ;_; It might just be personal preference.

this.

Then again, I usually prefer quirk tracks over most naked manual based tracks anyway.

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top