We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok, slow down.

+5
RyderLR
WishLine
Traxis
[senpai] kevans
rich
9 posters

Go down

Ok, slow down. Empty Ok, slow down.

Post by rich Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:01 pm

You guys are all talking about activity, but I have been on for the last 48 hours, commenting on everything I can... The only thing I have to say is that it is really hard to keep a conversation with myself. You guys should comment on threads, every thread. There is almost always something you can say about something. It doesn't even have to be thought out, but post it anyway. GET YOUR POST COUNT UP, maybe if we had a reward for high post count you guys would post a lot. But we shouldn't have to have that, you guys should just do it. Maybe no one is posted due to spring break or something. But at least comment on the tracks, there were 6(think) tracks posted in the last 2 days. Only about 5 out of 30 member commented on them. I think if more people commented on threads more conversation would arise but I can't see if it does because hardly anyone talks outside of the off topic section the contest section and their clan threads. Please for like 2 weeks can everyone try to make a comment on everything, I think it would boost conversation by a huge amount and then I wont be so bored... Maybe I just made this thread because I just got out of surgery and am all up on pain killers but that is what I noticed. Carry on.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Ok, slow down. Empty Re: Ok, slow down.

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Rewards for post only promotes spamming.

But I do agree, we are talking and not walking.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:06 pm

kevansevans wrote:Rewards for post only promotes spamming.

Actually, I think the issue is that we are not talking...
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Traxis wrote:
kevansevans wrote:Rewards for post only promotes spamming.

Actually, I think the issue is that we are not talking...
Yeah, and its a little dumb. To increase activity everyone should start with their activity.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Heehee. I've been doing this the last few weeks. It's been fun, and interesting to have a say in so much that goes on. But people may resent it somewhat, as I found out. There are those who would argue that conversation for conversation's sake is undesirable. Fair enough, but I genuinely enjoy commenting on stuff.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:25 pm

WishLine wrote:Heehee. I've been doing this the last few weeks. It's been fun, and interesting to have a say in so much that goes on. But people may resent it somewhat, as I found out. There are those who would argue that conversation for conversation's sake is undesirable. Fair enough, but I genuinely enjoy commenting on stuff.
Well it isn't only that. I also posted in the mmmmguys thread, of a picture after my surgery and how I look. That would have given someone something to comment about, but not a single person commented on that too. I really think our problem in activity maybe starting with us. And I know people have said this before, but its true... People need to comment to have conversation start up.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:31 pm

No need to force people to be active, but in fact people do look at a thread, view the last comment, and a lot of the times feel that they have no need to post in it. Sometimes I feel like it depends on the person that posted the topic, or the person with the last post. I agree with your general statement though.
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Well, school started earlier this week, so my activity rate is heading downwards ofc. :P
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:35 pm

ryderofthelines wrote:No need to force people to be active, but in fact people do look at a thread, view the last comment, and a lot of the times feel that they have no need to post in it. Sometimes I feel like it depends on the person that posted the topic, or the person with the last post. I agree with your general statement though.
I'm not trying to force people to talk, but to make this thread it took me 2 minutes, and every comment I make takes me about 30 seconds. It doesn't really take a lot of time out of ones day to make a few comments. Any who knows, if those people comment maybe they will be more interested in the topic and join the conversation. And I know that there are reasons that people have where they won't be able to comment a few times here and there. But a little effort would be nice.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 pm

I try to comment on everything. There are just some places that I feel that what I have to say shouldn't be said, whether because spam, or because someone might get mad. Maybe I just overthink too much, I dunno. I just feel that not everything that comes to mind should be blurted out when able.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Ok, slow down. Empty Azdaphoogle

Post by JoaTrades Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:16 pm

K I'm inkreesing my aktiviters burger derp gorgle blomp womp.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Guys, chill. If the forum is active, great! If it's not, then it's not. There's nothing explicitly wrong with that, it's just that we're a small community comprised of people with educational commitments that often mean they have less time to spend online.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:28 pm

A combination of the new MyBB and developments in Line Rider will definitely help here! In the meantime, it falls to us to comment when it's right, and whenever we can Smile

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down