We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafael - Jam

+34
LineRiderGjert
LineMagiX
Wizzy
MattBlythe
Derpinator
Wolf_Spirit
hypothet
Georgio_jc
Lankher
Helios Pavonine
pure5152
theacp127
OTDE
efrazable
Painlobster
SPL4SHZ0N3
Opal Rider
Sheldon
Orthuss
weebit
RyderLR
Cereal
Inukaza
Votale
CamQuartr
Stallie
BoltKey
[senpai] kevans
JoaTrades
WishLine
Josro
Chuggers
SETH
Rafael
38 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rafael - Jam - Page 2 Empty Re: Rafael - Jam

Post by theacp127 Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Shocked <------ This was my expression after watching this. Truly amazing!
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 am

OTDE wrote:
Spoiler:
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:55 am

Kramwood wrote:
Spoiler:

^ALL OF THIS

Also I'd love to thank you so much! My Inspiration Tank was literally on Empty and Then I saw your vid in my subscriptions tab.
You do realize though that I'm going to have to one up you on this right :| It'll be tough, but I think I could possibly pull it of before TOC4 :P

Also: Monument and song were win. I'm glad I'm not the only one to use mj songs xD
Thanks a lot KW Smile Glad to have inspired you. I had pretty much every section of the track planned out when I started, and I have only made a change during the progress once (I wanted to do 45ยบ but mhenr's hack didn't work because it has 6.2 physics, so I made the last fast-paced section.
Can't wait to see your track.
CamQuartr wrote:First off I'd like to say that everything about it was absolutely amazing

I really liked all those stop and go moments, You did them really well considering the flow didn't stop once

The music sync was done way better then I thought. After watching the track again without the sync it really does show how much time you put into that, good work!

I also gotta give you a lot of props for finishing something like that. I, myself can't work on something that long and that extensive lol

The only thing which I didn't especially like was that the last major section was slower then the pace of the song compared to previous sections. I wish the last major push was a bit faster/stronger. But eh, it was still amazing

And finally, thanks again for shoutout at the end, Glad to help you out anytime 8D
No problem bro <3 I wanted to end the track at a slow pace because that's basically the direction the song went to. Plus the ending would be more unexpected :P

Votale wrote:I'm so glad you finished this after these months and months of you telling me about it over MSN and everything Very Happy I was so excited for it after you telling me about it. I'm glad I was there to experience your excitement and cheer you on as best I could!

As for the track: Holy eff. I can't even start to describe how difficult music syncing is, let alone say how hard it is to do it how you did for the entire track. An ALL BLUE track. That's insane, especially those highspeed manuals in blue. I couldn't do that bled .-. Also, I love how you didn't try to break the standards or anything in the beginning, or even near the end, but you stayed with your style of track-making and just made it enjoyable. It wasn't supposed to be super powerful or super fast, yet it was awesome at the same time. That made me giggle like a wee school girl.

The last couple minutes, I loved. You brought up the intensity and it was shweet. I really liked those highspeed flings and that faster-paced compact quirk was amazing and unexpected. Overall, I loved this whole thing dude. You far surpassed my expectations, and holy eff. 5 minutes and 7k lines? You're amazing xD Also, love love loved the monument/ending.

Holy Shoe time.
Thanks man. Just someone saying "the last couple of minutes, I loved" made me realize how damn long this track is xD. Thanks for all the help <3
Rainbow Dash wrote:
Spoiler:

Some parts I had to remind myself it was blue.
I lol'd. Hard.
Cereal wrote:
Votale wrote:Holy Shoe time.

Tryin' to impersonate Rabid? Tisk tisk Hehe

First few seconds were a bit rough, but when it picked up... IT PICKED UP. True story: When the video ended, I had to clean some drool off of my chin.

I think that those insane flings/chains really made the video for me. There's a few in there that I've never seen before! (Seriously, how did you manage to get multiple WTF shoulder wells in a row? :O). Music syncing was impressive; however, it felt like it made some track parts a bit shabbier than they potentially could've been, but it wasn't too noticeable.

Overall when it comes to LR tracks: Size matters.

Oh, and I'm a bit corn-fused as to why the C&C is in another vid, but whatev's
Thanks Smile The WTF shoulder well thing took a LONG time of trial and error.
I want people to watch this video when wanting to hear Jam by MJ, which isn't possible if there's a 6 minute long part after it xD
Also, an 11 minute LR video? R U CRAZY?
Chuggers wrote:Not only is this the longest track, its probably the most consistently-awesome track I've ever seen. besides blue champion :3

Consistently meaning you didn't seem to get tired of making track or get uninspired, which seems to be a popular trend when making 3+ minute tracks <3
That was one of my main goals, I'm glad that it worked out, although the start is over 18 months old of course xD
Opal Rider wrote:Excuse me, while I pick up my chair. It fell over when I jumped out of it. The music synching alone was a big feat. Adding the complex tricks and all was just.... omaigawd. That was a beauty.

May I say Rafael for LRL?
I'm flattered. Glad you liked it so much!
Painlobster wrote:I just signed in to tell you that you may have created my favorite track of all time.

Cheers.
Haha that means a lot!
efrazable wrote:I knew this song was going to be it when you first showed the preview. Michael Jackson 4 life. Until he died. Yeah...

Now for the review!

I really liked the compact style at the end, with all the strong and creative wells! The asdf with the 1st pos foot was... awesome. All the small little lines in it really brought out the unique aspect of the fling. I could tell that the blue manuals in the beginning were a little off-pressure, but that's to be expected in a track as large as this. You must have been working on this for at least a year. I don't have that kind of concentration for sure! Smile The music sync was never off, ever, but the effect it had was less intense. That's also something to be expected in a track with a slow speed, but I feel that the sync could have been brought to life with... maybe a roll on the line? That would have probably made the track's flow a little off, so I guess you already thought about that. :/ Also, the kramual was extremely unexpected. What's going on there? Also, the ending looked a little boring. Was it planned that way?

Anyways great track, obviously a feature and a shoe to go with it.

There should be a little plastic shoe for someone to mail to everyone who gets a holy shoe. If any track deserves a little plastic shoe, it's this one. Rafael - Jam - Page 2 92494
Thanks for the criticism. I'm sorry the ending was a bit boring. I wanted to make a smooth ending but I guess that didn't work out too well then. As said before, a slow ending would make the ending monument more spectacular I thought :P.
Kramwood wrote:
Cereal wrote:
I think that those insane flings/chains really made the video for me. There's a few in there that I've never seen before! (Seriously, how did you manage to get multiple WTF shoulder wells in a row? :O)

sorry to rain on raf's parade or anything, but conun had already made a chain of those https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y77L47yefx4# . I just noticed that when I went to go look for movies for that other thread chuggers posted. /offtopic
Aww, I thought I was the first ;_; :P
EDIT: Yeah I knew of those but this is pretty much a chain of WTF wells only. Check out the wells that are NOT shoulder. They're pretty funky too Smile

Also @ OTDE: I FORGOT YOU D: Sowwwyyyy.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:03 am

I logged in to say that this is something I've been looking forward to a long time and now that it's here, I am BLOWN AWAY!

Rafael is already a legend in my eyes <3

Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:17 am

Am I seriously the only one who didn't like this at all? xD
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by weebit Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:30 am

Lankher wrote:Am I seriously the only one who didn't like this at all? xD

Lankher, you're always the one who doesn't like it. xD
weebit
weebit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:54 am

I can imagine that if you mute the video ._.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Man, this is just stunning.

While watching, I had to remind myself a few times that this is really all blue...and I was scared at a certain spots of the track, that the track would end soon. Even after 3 or 4 minutes! xD

I can't say much more, but faved. =)

EDIT:

I just watched the Credits & Extra part.

Spoiler:

..is exactly how I felt at my comment =')

Also, you were my first internet friend too...it's just amazing to have gone through all of this with a buddy like you, Raf! I really hope we will meet someday!
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 pm

stop being predictable :|
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Rafael wrote:

Sowwy, raf, but I muted the video so I would like it. xD

I guess we all have different tastes in music. Nice track. I liked it.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 pm

HG42 wrote:
Rafael wrote:

If you only knew what you were missing. I seriously recommend watching it with the song on.

Thanks Georgio. I'm proud to finally be in your favourites Smile Means a lot. Thanks for everything! <3
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Track's way too long :|
jk :b
I loved the last minute of music syncing a lot! I really can't imagine how irritating that must have been to do :P
Well done for finishing this giant project, really, I couldn't imagine how horrible it would be to misplace a flag xD I'm really impressed Raf, very well done! A masterpiece ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Honestly, towards the end, I started to play the "Predict when the track will end game" I lost. A lot of times.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 pm

I have been watching this so many times now, and I want to give this a serious critique from me instead of my earlier comment, but I still can't put words into this box...

One will come, one shall come...
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Kramwood wrote:
Rafael wrote:
HG42 wrote:
Rafael wrote:

If you only knew what you were missing. I seriously recommend watching it with the song on.

Thanks Georgio. I'm proud to finally be in your favourites Smile Means a lot. Thanks for everything! <3

No he's one of the few people that don't like Michael. One of these days he;s just going to have to get the fact that mj's king and there's nothing he can do about it :P

And screw the shoe. give him his own damn suit :|

MJ is the king of f*****ry and he's the only black guy who grew up to become a white woman.
His music is crap

Last edited by Hedgehogs4Me on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nice try, censor bypass troll, guardian king of the nafjarรฐar)
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Also, serious question:

Did you at all get tired of hearing this song over and over for 18 months?
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by weebit Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Chuggers wrote:Also, serious question:

You can't get tired of Micheal Jackson.
weebit
weebit

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 pm

weebit wrote:

You can get tired of anything.

I swear, it's like, one month I think that a particular group is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Aaaaand then the next month I get bored of them. =/
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by weebit Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 pm

lol, I had to watch the track again

still amazed
weebit
weebit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Kramwood wrote:

he said earlier that he had it all planned out. Assuming that I think he had all the times and ques written down so that he could match the times with the timer in the game so that he wouldn't have to listen to the song for 18 months straight.
Ehm, well..
The first two months I had to make recordings of the track every ~4 seconds to check the sync :P Then I got a new computer (this one) and since then I could just listen to the part of the song I was syncing to at that point. I'm not totally fed up with the song, but if it comes up on my iPod I tend to skip it xD
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 pm

DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that was frikin amazing
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Cereal wrote:
weebit wrote:

You can get tired of anything.

I swear, it's like, one month I think that a particular group is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Aaaaand then the next month I get bored of them. =/

Everyone likes musicians a lot more when they're dead, I noticed. After Michael Jackson died, his popularity rose (I'm not joking with you) like 3000%.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:37 pm

HG42 wrote:Everyone likes musicians a lot more when they're dead, I noticed. After Michael Jackson died, his popularity rose (I'm not joking with you) like 3000%.

Whitney Houston, also.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by MattBlythe Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Holy [censored], that was awesome! I mean seriously good syncing with the music and all. You guys don't get anywhere near enough credit for these tracks. There should be a national championships or something....

Just wondering, why you don't use Royalty Free music, then you could apply to join the Youtube Partner program and get a share of the advertising revenue? It wouldn't be much unless you got squllions of hits, but it would be something!

Anyways, nice to meet you Rafael and mega kudos for the track. I swear I saw Bosh moonwalking, MJ would be proud Smile

Laters, Matt Smile

MattBlythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Alright here's what I think, feel free to disagree.
Was it impressive? Absolutely.
Was it entertaining? No.
Was it innovative? Sort of.

Efflorescence is still my favorite because of how well it was done and what was really even more impressive was that there were more than one person involved in creating it. Not saying it's not impressive that you did it alone, but it was also all blue so that was also definitely an extra ice cream scoop. The music choice I personally thought was bleh. I'm not a huge fan of MJ but that's cool.

Conclusion: Would I watch it more than once or twice? Honestly, Probably not. Will I remember it? Yes for the most part.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum