BoltKey - Greetings wrtl community

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BoltKey - Greetings wrtl community

Post by BoltKey on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Hey guys! I am a new memeber here. I will make rather scenery than tech based tracks and this is my first track here. Tell me what do you think please.
www[point]youtube[point]com/watch?v=vFgk5L2O6ww
I didnt care about video editing, I think I will start to care of it later. Thanks for watching. (I could not add external link, I am not old enough here)
BoltKey

View user profile http://boltkey.cz

Back to top Go down

Re: BoltKey - Greetings wrtl community

Post by Rafael on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:30 pm

You can just copy/paste your link here, no need to censor it Smile
The track was sweet! Nice nosies you got there. Try making some tail manuals too next time though. Also, remember you can also go up in your tracks Smile That's more fun to watch and also more fun to scene I think.
I lol'd at the face at the end, btw. xD
Welcome on WRtL!

The Entity - Cheetah - The Source
Heart Attack - Sonic Motion
Imperial - Nuclear Fission - Perclusion - Compilation Damnsexy
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rafael:

Post by BoltKey on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:34 pm

When I copiedpasted the link, it did not let me post it. It said something like You cannot post external links or emails because you have been registered for less than 7 days.
Thanks for the suggestions anyway.
BoltKey

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 pm

That was better than I thought it would be

Some of the manuals could be balanced better, but other than that, everything seemed okay Thumbs Up
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Absox on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Very good start you have going there. To improve on your manualing in general, like Sam said, you can balance them better; also, appearance counts. Smoother curves will help a lot as well. This sort of thing is sort of epitomized in Silk Road by Ram Tzu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgwoiFwb05g

The smoothness of the manuals themselves, not just the balance is important as well. If you get more advanced, try doing manuals with all forward red lines. This makes them more powerful- it maintains the speed and flow of the track.

Absox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Honestly, while I agree that your manuals could be smoothed out a bit (try to make them a few lines at a time before testing/modifying stuff to maintain balance better), your biggest issue is with your scenery.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great start, and you've shown that you can both shade and have a good sense of perspective (this is really quite rare!), but there are a couple things I think would make your track way better, quite easily:
(1) Your scenery will be way more believable if you ride on the outside instead of the inside of an object. A great example is the planet at 0:23. There is no way he could possibly ride on that side of it, no?
(2) Scene more! Don't just cover your track. You're creating whole worlds out there, so why make them empty?
Mind you, #2 is a bit of a weird one, because there are cases where large amounts of white space can be appropriate (See Monumental by TechDawg), but tracks where that works are the exception rather than the rule.

But yeah, as I said, it's a great start. It's definitely better than my first "serious" track, and it makes one hell of a "hello world" thread. Wink

Here are a few tips for, shall we say, accelerated growth to catch you up to us a little:
- Watch the livestream! When people are streaming, they're usually making a track, which means that you get to watch exactly the method they use for more advanced tricks.
- Collab! It's always great to have an actual track to look at, add on to, and have someone else add on to. My first real feeling of "I can do this" came from watching the .sol to Cosmic Altair by SamThePoor. The result? My track "Cold Fusion". Not sure if you've heard of it, but the point is, most people here have, which is a lot more than what goes for my previous tracks.
- Watch some tutorials. Our collection is a little bit... lacking right now, but it's definitely way better than nothing. Mind you, I think watching the stream will be more helpful than our tutorials, but they're a good option for when it's offline.

But, yeah I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more from you. It's always great to have new people around, especially when they show as much promise as you do. Smile

Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 am

Why is this in the Green Room section? Anyways welcome to WRTL, its nice to meet you.

EDIT: Oh, I did not see that track there, I forgot to read the thread, sorry about that. Anyways that is a good track you made, I can't wait to see what else you will make.

Stallie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rich on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:11 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote: .....My track "Cold Fusion". Not sure if you've heard of it, but the point is, most people here have....
Hedge's ego right there.... :|.
Great to see a new member; I hope we help you to get better and hopefully you find this community a fun one and stick around. I look forward to see your tracks later on, work on smooth curves and everything else that hedge posted. I'm lazy and don't want to type sorry. 8D
rich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:there are cases where large amounts of white space can be appropriate (See Monumental by TechDawg), but tracks where that works are the exception rather than the rule.
He was pretty heavily criticized for that actually *coughbymecough*

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BoltKey on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:42 am

Thanks everyone for warm welcome and tips! Hope I will fulfill your expectations soon.

Just my first xy
greetings wrtl community

And just for fun:
Crazy guy
3D boxes
BoltKey

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 am

nice start, there are good idea for scenery, so keep it up

"New Untitled" Solo
=> track 100% done (1840 lines) => scenery 9.5% done (96.6K lines)

Main Track : Spaaace!------ After Midnight ------ Dashing Skyline ------ Atlantis
Line Art : Rarity ------ Blunt Dragon
SETH

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanth on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:41 am

I lol'd at the end. I thought the track was pretty well. I hope your time here will entertain you. Welcome, BoltKey!

Check out my YouTube channel!
Spoiler:
www.youtube.com/channel/UCehYWYJLIU_Y6e0Yw69pfrw

Spoiler:
[6:02:44 PM] Liam: bananas make my ears hurt
[6:02:46 PM] Liam: almonds too
[6:03:09 PM] Adam Pierce: you don't have to put them in your ear
[6:03:19 PM] Liam: Sad its a habit ok
[6:03:37 PM] Adam Pierce: whatever makes you happy man
[6:03:54 PM] Jack Jack: wait wait wait what
[6:03:58 PM] Jack Jack: where else are you supposed to put them
Xanth

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCehYWYJLIU_Y6e0Yw69pfrw

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Hey! Great to see you posting! Smile

Well, I think that shows real potential. I mean yes, your manuals can be smoother (practice) and your scenery could be more 'real' (tutorials + advice + practice) but for a first track, I was actually rather impressed. Smile I enjoy watching tracks like this a lot - they're...charming somehow xD

Btw, people will tell you what to do to 'catch up' but being honest, you can have a perfectly fun and enjoyable Line Rider experience here by going at your own pace, so feel free to make tracks without worrying about constant progress if you like Smile

Please make and release more tracks! That'd be great for us all!

Wish Smile

I've got a new track rating system in development. Feel free to PM me a track for a feedback score out of 100 and help me improve my accuracy! Very Happy
Contact me if you need any help, or just to say hi! Smile Have a nice day, Guest!

WishLine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Welcome to the site, bro. Always good to have another member around here. Smile Now, onto the track part of it. While the scenery was definately good, and shows some skill, I nothice that the areas around him seem to be a bit blank. It gives the world a simple look to it, which isn't bad, but it contrasts with stuff like the planet, which is rather heavily scened.

As for the manuals, I saw a nice recycle in there :P The one thing I think I should mention most is don't be afraid of letting him freefall for a bit. I used to be afraid of making him go too fast, but unfortunately that's one of the the only ways to get him to move upwards and in multiple directions without the use of gravity wells. Just a tip.

Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top