We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't see the problem.

+22
KillinTime2792
Inukaza
mhenr18
darklight
Painlobster
Opal Rider
TheRevTastic
efrazable
Wizzy
Cereal
Sheldon
SPL4SHZ0N3
Ktk
Ph0enix
Z_N-Freak
Orthuss
JoaTrades
[senpai] kevans
rabid squirrel
Helios Pavonine
Sssschiller
Yobanjojoe
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I don't see the problem. - Page 2 Empty Re: I don't see the problem.

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:45 am

Wizzy wrote:
darklight wrote:I think that at this point in line rider all the tracks are too perfect for any real (or helpful, for that matter) criticism. Manuals are perfectly balanced, there's a crazy variety of flings, all the little things are there, so people start to criticize objectively, feeling like they need to harp on something. So they start using obscure terms like flow and stop making sense. Because people's opinions differ on how this toy should be played with, disagreements are started. that's my theory, and why I stick to making scenery.

I think this actually has a lot of truth to it. I kind of agree with you but also don't.
^that
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:35 am

darklight wrote:I think that at this point in line rider all the tracks are too perfect for any real (or helpful, for that matter) criticism. Manuals are perfectly balanced, there's a crazy variety of flings, all the little things are there, so people start to criticize objectively, feeling like they need to harp on something. So they start using obscure terms like flow and stop making sense. Because people's opinions differ on how this toy should be played with, disagreements are started. that's my theory, and why I stick to making scenery.

Spot on.

edit: this is one of the big reasons I refocused on doing a bit more than a speedy 6.7. while keeping some elements of the old is good, isn't it time for a bit of a change? we've exhausted everything there is to the current incarnation of LR.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 am

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. I don't understand why LR is so elitist anymore. I don't understand why we are discussing this topic. I don't understand why this site is blue. I don't understand why afro's hate water. I don't understand why I never go outside. I don't understand why mhenr18 hasn't made a cool new revision of LR yet. I don't understand why my ID photo sucks. I don't understand why rainbow dash hasn't confessed her love for applejack. I don't understand why people dislike me. I don't understand why the girl next to me asked for a red pen. I don't understand why the bell in school is about to ring. I don't understand why this is important and why the universe exists. I don't understand [censored] magnets, how do they work?

Can we just stop discussing crap that spewed from a discussion that was closed. Let's go back to posting meaningful crap so we can keep the forum active. I haven't been able to post anything in the past few days due to all the activity being in this single thread. (and sheldon's past one).

So please? Why are we even discussing this topic, that's been posted and discussed about 3-5 times already in the past year.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 am

because rainbow dash doesn't love AJ she loves derpy
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:57 am

KillinTime2792 wrote:because rainbow dash doesn't love AJ she loves derpy

Obviously, just making a point. However, everypony also knows that derpy is in love with doctor hooves.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:56 pm

What pony cares about romance when there's music?
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:19 pm

mhenr18 wrote:

Spot on.

edit: this is one of the big reasons I refocused on doing a bit more than a speedy 6.7. while keeping some elements of the old is good, isn't it time for a bit of a change? we've exhausted everything there is to the current incarnation of LR.
I'm with you on this.

I mean, I still see ways to make completely new stuff in LR. However, it won't really count as LR tracks in the conventional sense, eg that WRYYYYYY thing I made. So unless we break free of the concept of the track (or at least augment tracks with non-LR material), we really need new features.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 am

Rainbow Dash wrote:

Obviously, just making a point. However, everypony also knows that derpy is in love with doctor hooves.
wait i thought doctor hooves was with rose?
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:26 am

mhenr18 wrote:

Spot on.

But how can you create something that will be true to the spirit? At what point is it no longer innovation and crosses the line into overkill? Cheating? This toy has too many infinite variables that result in a is or is not situation, and like darklight said... we bicker about what is and isn't. probably another reason I decided to quit v3 when i said it...

I honestly think criticism is pointless, hence my short non-constructive criticism on that cheetah track. I go too in depth, people [censored]. Then we get into a pointless argument that results in both of us thinking we won, and the other lost.

Next, you can't truly grade a track that wasn't made by someone new. the only thing that can be deemed gradable is when you make something harder, better faster, or stronger (pun intended) until someone else exceeds that standard creating a never ending path of what is and isn't. I mean honestly? when Mr ZNF came out with Elite, how many of you thought that was the most pro thing ever? (raises hand) No you compare it to what we are spitting out, and it's like pure amateur. This is why for awhile I wanted trap door and decelerate lines is because they would create a new entirely different standard that wasn't making things harder, better, faster, or stronger.

The problem is that we are too split on opinions.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:03 pm

And Ms. Cheerilie is going after Big Macintosh
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm

efrazable wrote:And Ms. Cheerilie is going after Big Macintosh

Can't wait to see that damn episode.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:47 pm

OOOONNNNNNEEEEEE IS THE LONLIEST NUMMMMMBERRRRRRRRRRRR
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 pm

I don't see the problem. - Page 2 Gordon-frowning
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2