We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider

+12
Ph0enix
Hedgehogs4Me
GhostY
Cereal
efrazable
hypothet
TheRevTastic
KillinTime2792
Lankher
[senpai] kevans
Rafael
rabid squirrel
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider - Page 2 Empty Re: Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider

Post by Rafael Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:50 am

^ why is that mildly controversial? :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider - Page 2 Empty Re: Master List of Suggestions for Line Rider

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 am

^ I agree with this. There's no way that's cheating, and it wouldn't be annoying if you have to press a button to do it.

Does anyone get that one glitch where, after playing and pausing, it sometimes acts as if you have the pencil tool selected when drawing, even if you've selected the line tool?
I get it all the time, and if I'm not the only one, that should be added.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:27 am

Oh yeah! And when you have the line tool selected it look like the line tool but acts like the pencil tool? Yeah I have that too sometimes :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:20 am

^Same here.
Ph0enix
Ph0enix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeee7787 Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Shades of grey. Sweet jesus the things I would do with that :O
Mikeee7787
Mikeee7787

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:^ I agree with this. There's no way that's cheating, and it wouldn't be annoying if you have to press a button to do it.

Does anyone get that one glitch where, after playing and pausing, it sometimes acts as if you have the pencil tool selected when drawing, even if you've selected the line tool?

Rafael wrote:Oh yeah! And when you have the line tool selected it look like the line tool but acts like the pencil tool? Yeah I have that too sometimes :P

Whenever I have the eraser selected and space click the move tool I then start using the pencil tool with the eraser selected.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:36 pm

efrazable wrote:Maybe an optional green line snap?

Green lines snap to themselves. but for other lines I can do that. Noted.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 pm

kevansevans wrote:

Green lines snap to themselves. but for other lines I can do that. Noted.
wut

no, they definitely don't. Coming from a guy who has scened about 300,000 lines.

/adds pencil glitch
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 am

Kramwood wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:^ I agree with this. There's no way that's cheating, and it wouldn't be annoying if you have to press a button to do it.

Rafael wrote:Oh yeah! And when you have the line tool selected it look like the line tool but acts like the pencil tool? Yeah I have that too sometimes :P

Whenever I have the eraser selected and space click the move tool I then start using the pencil tool with the eraser selected.

For hedge and Raf:
It happens when you use the hand tool and then press space bar while you're still in the hand tool. I don't know why it happens it just does.

For rev: that's weird. It's never happened to me that way so I have no idea what to say.

Yeah, I'll fix that. Need to apply the last tool used variable to all this.

EDIT: had this idea in english class

What if I was to include video tutorials for Line Rider built into it demonstrating things from line physics (Side collisions), gwells, and professional technigues like flings and gwells? Here is a list of what I think would be a good list of what to include.

(- = own video, -- = part of same video.)
Noob tutorials
-Line physics (The core three)
-Tool demonstration
--Pencil
--Line
--Eraser
--etc.
-saving/loading
Advanced
-manuals
-Gravity Wells
--Gwell
--Anti-Gwells and Slag wells
--Stacking
-Granuals
Proffesional
-Flings
-Alt-Flings
-Flanuals
-Frame by frame tricks
--Frame Skipping
--Every Frame flings
-Groll's
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:14 pm

^ Why?

1) Not a huge audience you're making these for
2) Already a crapton of great tutorials on youtube
3) You certainly couldn't make all the advanced tuts yourself
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:^ Why?

It was only an idea. But these would be only the basics, not the highly advanced professional stuff you guys put out... Plus I'd have the members help make these. But if it's not needed, then okay.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 pm

In-game fullscreen toggle. I can't get out of fullscreen in standalone and it's really annoying.

Slo-mo frame setting:

As in setting the speed of slo-mo in options, because a one-speed slo-mo is hard to work with.

Possibly mildly controversial, but I don't see how.

EDIT:

kevansevans wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:^ Why?

It was only an idea. But these would be only the basics, not the highly advanced professional stuff you guys put out... Plus I'd have the members help make these. But if it's not needed, then okay.

Didn't Sorvius make an interactive tut at some point?
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:02 pm

HG42 wrote:In-game fullscreen toggle. I can't get out of fullscreen in standalone and it's really annoying.

got it.

Slo-mo frame setting:

As in setting the speed of slo-mo in options, because a one-speed slo-mo is hard to work with.

Spoiler:

Possibly mildly controversial, but I don't see how.

Possibly.... nah.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:16 pm

kevansevans wrote:Proffesional
nb4lnkr
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:30 pm

HG42 wrote:In-game fullscreen toggle. I can't get out of fullscreen in standalone and it's really annoying.
I've never heard of anyone having this problem before... what do you mean?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Kramwood wrote:^ press ctrl/cmd f or esc.

EDIT: Forget esc, I just deleted my track on accident :|
escape shouldn't freeze or delete line rider unless you're in 6.6 (if so, use 6.7 lol) - Just hit "no, I don't want to delete this track" after you press it.

never heard of someone unable to get out of fullscreen, or of escape causing problems in 6.7 before...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:

escape shouldn't freeze or delete line rider unless you're in 6.6 (if so, use 6.7 lol) - Just hit "no, I don't want to delete this track" after you press it.

never heard of someone unable to get out of fullscreen, or of escape causing problems in 6.7 before...

CTRL+F and then I can't get out of fullscreen without finding task manager and exiting the program.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 pm

HG42 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

CTRL+F and then I can't get out of fullscreen without finding task manager and exiting the program.
did you try 1) pressing ctrl+f again 2) pressing escape?

If so, that's not a problem with 6.7, it's a problem with your computer...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:55 pm

^HG is Win7.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:31 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
HG42 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

did you try 1) pressing ctrl+f again 2) pressing escape?

If so, that's not a problem with 6.7, it's a problem with your computer...

My OS might be the issue. Maybe what Efraz said?

I did those things. Didn't work.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:41 am

So I just drew 100 lines just to find out that I deleted one line before. I could find it back, but along with all the other lines I drew, and there's no way I can delete all the unnecessary line. Can't you make a line impossible to delete with backspace?
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Save states.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Traxis wrote:Save states.

Explain what you mean, Traxis...I think that's a little vague? Smile

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Rafael wrote:So I just drew 100 lines just to find out that I deleted one line before. I could find it back, but along with all the other lines I drew, and there's no way I can delete all the unnecessary line. Can't you make a line impossible to delete with backspace?

I can probably make a setting that disables the backspace. but make single lines impervious to the backspace? idk.

rabid squirrel wrote:
green lines already snap to track lines... maybe a key to hold down to make green lines snap to green lines? I'll add it to mildly controversial.

Well, when working with the shades, I didn't finish the snapping codes for them, and to tell you, green lines snapping to other green lines are extremely annoying, especially when using them to fill a shape. But if you want, I can work on a key to hold. what key do you want?
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:16 pm

kevansevans wrote:
Rafael wrote:So I just drew 100 lines just to find out that I deleted one line before. I could find it back, but along with all the other lines I drew, and there's no way I can delete all the unnecessary line. Can't you make a line impossible to delete with backspace?

I can probably make a setting that disables the backspace. but make single lines impervious to the backspace? idk.
what about whenever you close the track, it locks all those lines from backspace.

ofc this is just a temporary solution to actually fixing backspace so it works... or an actual undo button.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next