We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necessary changes.

+16
Opal Rider
14mRh4X0r
Stallie
GhostY
efrazable
Wizzy
Yobanjojoe
Sssschiller
hypothet
Wolf_Spirit
TheRevTastic
KillinTime2792
[senpai] kevans
Rafael
Cereal
Blesshiscottonsocks
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Necessary changes. - Page 2 Empty Re: Necessary changes.

Post by 14mRh4X0r Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Wizzy wrote:I actually see what you mean. I totally agree.

Also where would one might find this canvas rider? I am interested in it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=canvas+rider
14mRh4X0r
14mRh4X0r

Nobody appreciates the term 'hacker' anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Blesshiscottonsocks wrote:
KillinTime2792 wrote:I don't see any real difference in line thickness in the picture on the right, they're just slightly thinner than ours.

plus most of techdawgs scenery is very simplistic and easy to replicate. i think gjert,ghosty or even you could do a better cloud, boat, building or nearly anything in linerider for that matter 2 cents

I doubt that, the kid making these canvas rider tracks is insane, seriously.

Also - for comparison - full screen LR vs full screen Canvas rider:

https://i.imgur.com/O4F9y.png

TBF, ive been playing around on canvas rider for a while now, and seriously, going back to LR is just pure hell.
the only visual difference between the one on the left and the one on the right is: 1. the one on the left has 2 shades, black and grey. 2. the one on the left has far thinner lines. 3. the one on the left took hours, the one on the right was done in less than 30 seconds.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm playing canvas rider right now. I can tell you right now that I'd pick LR over it (as interesting as it is) any day. First off, canvas rider has a really weird bug where the line you're drawing appears ABOVE where the guideline is. This gets on my nerves, and is really annoying when trying to make scenery. Second off, the moveable guy just ruins it for me. The whole reason I liked linerider in the first place was because you had to make bosh move WITHOUT using the arrow keys. It's what set it apart from every other drawing game out there, and what made it enjoyable. Third off, as a non scener, the thinner line really just don't look as good on a naked track as the thicker ones do. The think lines game it a really nice look to the track that made it almost look like my tracks were scened without being scened. I tried making some curve designs on canvas rider. It wasn't the same.
If you guys want the thinner lines, then we could compremise and make adjustable line sizes on the C version. It shouldn't be that hard to do.

On a side note, the different shades of gray sound like an interesting idea.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:21 am

Opal Rider wrote:I'm playing canvas rider right now. I can tell you right now that I'd pick LR over it (as interesting as it is) any day. First off, canvas rider has a really weird bug where the line you're drawing appears ABOVE where the guideline is. This gets on my nerves, and is really annoying when trying to make scenery. Second off, the moveable guy just ruins it for me. The whole reason I liked linerider in the first place was because you had to make bosh move WITHOUT using the arrow keys. It's what set it apart from every other drawing game out there, and what made it enjoyable. Third off, as a non scener, the thinner line really just don't look as good on a naked track as the thicker ones do. The think lines game it a really nice look to the track that made it almost look like my tracks were scened without being scened. I tried making some curve designs on canvas rider. It wasn't the same.
If you guys want the thinner lines, then we could compremise and make adjustable line sizes on the C version. It shouldn't be that hard to do.

I don't think anyone said make LR exactly like Canvas Rider, they said to add thinner lines for scenery lines not track lines or the sort.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:56 am

I think one of the main reasons for people picking Canvas Rider above Line Rider is due to how simple it is to share / look at tracks there.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:44 am

holy [censored] i never knew canvas rider was that popular
Also, what do you guys think of a circle tool? As in, a dot if you click, but a circle of a radius that you make when you click and drag. I can make it collidable, too. It could be somewhat of an alternative to a fill tool, since it will be a solid black.

But it's not a line. Yea, I think I won't do it :|
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 am

Conundrumer wrote:holy [censored] i never knew canvas rider was that popular
Also, what do you guys think of a circle tool? As in, a dot if you click, but a circle of a radius that you make when you click and drag. I can make it collidable, too. It could be somewhat of an alternative to a fill tool, since it will be a solid black.

But it's not a line. Yea, I think I won't do it :|
Well, my thought is this -

Bosh is riding lines. At no point does he ride the scenery. Thus - the scenery does not need to be lines.

LOOPHOLE.

I'm playing canvas rider right now. I can tell you right now that I'd pick LR over it (as interesting as it is) any day. First off, canvas rider has a really weird bug where the line you're drawing appears ABOVE where the guideline is. This gets on my nerves, and is really annoying when trying to make scenery. Second off, the moveable guy just ruins it for me. The whole reason I liked linerider in the first place was because you had to make bosh move WITHOUT using the arrow keys. It's what set it apart from every other drawing game out there, and what made it enjoyable. Third off, as a non scener, the thinner line really just don't look as good on a naked track as the thicker ones do. The think lines game it a really nice look to the track that made it almost look like my tracks were scened without being scened. I tried making some curve designs on canvas rider. It wasn't the same.

I have no clue what you are trying to state here. Im not in any way saying that we should clone Canvas rider, where the hell did you get that impression from? :|
Ive been wanting these things a long time before finding out about canvas rider. Blergh.

the only visual difference between the one on the left and the one on the right is: 1. the one on the left has 2 shades, black and grey. 2. the one on the left has far thinner lines. 3. the one on the left took hours, the one on the right was done in less than 30 seconds.
Give me 10 hours to replicate that frame, and I wont be able to get anywhere near the level of detail on it. That "thinner line" difference is everything I am taking about...
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:29 am

Implementing anything in the C build isn't hard. I could make the most configurable version of lr with everything people have ever asked for with every bell and whistle. The challenge isn't adding things, it's exercising discretion and choosing the things that will make LR truly compelling for all without unessicarily increasing the complexity. I love seeing the things people are making in canvas rider, but it's not as simple as "adding thin lines". Do we make all lines thin like CR? Do we implement two shades, three or four? Should track be black and scenery grey like CR? Love it or hate it, part of the allure of lr for many people is the simplicity. I need to ensure that I don't ignore that while reshaping LR. Inxile ignored it, with unbound and beta 3 nowadays. If people want thin lines, I'm making them all thin. Ill do three tone scenery (black and two shades of grey), because that adds more to the game than it takes away in UI complexity. LR can be revamped and rescued from obscurity, but we do need to really think about what drew us to LR. It wasn't 4th position kramual fakie fling xy quirk. It was so addictive because it was so simple. We HAVE to remember that.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:47 am

it was addictive because you drew a line, AND HE RODE THE LINE!

i don't think anyone here has done that in ages (ceptin ipi)

It's like cocain, but instead of snorting it we go and blend it and turn it into a slushie.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:02 pm

I like the way Line Rider is at this moment.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:I like the way Line Rider is at this moment.
*takes sip of cocain-slushie*
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 pm

The way you stated it in the opening thread made it sound like you were trying to recreate LR more like canvas rider. If you really are only talking about changing the line size, then only points one and three are of any relevance. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum