We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I give up...

+5
Conundrumer
[senpai] kevans
mhenr18
Blesshiscottonsocks
Ph0enix
9 posters

Go down

I give up... Empty I give up...

Post by Ph0enix Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Java is not working. I want to code linerider from the revisions that i have ( I using 6.6 as a test) What Programminng language should I use, and what software might I need?
Ph0enix
Ph0enix

Back to top Go down

I give up... Empty Re: I give up...

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:13 pm

You havent even started yet but you are already giving up?

Im guessing that you will need to know the fundamentals of whatever coding language you are going to write this in. Whatsmore, I know that you see a lot of others coding new LR versions, but seriously, What is the point in another one, especially Java.

If you want to help, Learn C and help mhenr, or code something new. There is no point for 4 different LR versions written in 4 different languages.
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Is C downloadable, if so where can I find it?
Ph0enix
Ph0enix

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:11 pm

If downloading a compiler is too hard for you, I'm not thinking you're going to have that much success with the language...

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:20 am

Dude... you cant just take a language and code something, baby steps. Coding also takes awhile to learn. Im still learning some new codes while working with the flash version. Plus my code "handwriting" is different from fsk's and mhenr's so I have to work around that.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:14 am

kevansevans wrote:learning some new codes

Aren't we all? Smile

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:27 am

The fundamentals of programming course here at CMU is actually pretty tough. That's how I learned so much in 3 months. As I said, online tutorials won't cut it.
Also, I made Line Rider from scratch not for the sake of making Line Rider, but for testing out ideas for new types of lines.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:55 am

I do post progress builds in my thread.
BHCS got 7.8 million lines at 60fps with 0.05. I might be taking a while, but I'm making sure that my work is the best possible.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:06 am

Conundrumer wrote:The fundamentals of programming course here at CMU is actually pretty tough. That's how I learned so much in 3 months. As I said, online tutorials won't cut it.
Also, I made Line Rider from scratch not for the sake of making Line Rider, but for testing out ideas for new types of lines.

Thats the reason I want to make it. :facepalm:
Ph0enix
Ph0enix

Back to top Go down

Post by 14mRh4X0r Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:05 pm

It'd be easier to just hack your own stuff into the flash version. I guess. Or not. IDK.
14mRh4X0r
14mRh4X0r

Nobody appreciates the term 'hacker' anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 am

Ph0enix wrote:
Conundrumer wrote:The fundamentals of programming course here at CMU is actually pretty tough. That's how I learned so much in 3 months. As I said, online tutorials won't cut it.

Thats the reason I want to make it. :facepalm:
You never mentioned it...
In any case, if the line type idea is well thought out, I can do it.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:40 am

^ can we have a dot option for scenery lines? (any of you people looking at new line types)
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:41 am

It's possible but it's not dot rider. Isn't a super short line good enough?

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:55 am

well ok, what if i'm shading using dots placed further and further appart, i can't just click with the pencil tool it doesn't register anything. instead i get stuck clicking and dragging slightly. this causes consistency issues (different line lengths and different line directions (XY snap doesn't work for pencil)). it doesn't look as neat as just a little dot even if executed correctly and it's about 5 times as much work just for a simple shade effect. track lines can probably go without dot but scenery should have it
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:05 pm

KillinTime2792 wrote:well ok, what if i'm shading using dots placed further and further appart, i can't just click with the pencil tool it doesn't register anything. instead i get stuck clicking and dragging slightly. this causes consistency issues (different line lengths and different line directions (XY snap doesn't work for pencil)). it doesn't look as neat as just a little dot even if executed correctly and it's about 5 times as much work just for a simple shade effect. track lines can probably go without dot but scenery should have it

yeah i mentioned that in that one thread 3,000,000,000 dots or w/e i think it would be really helpful :3
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:04 pm

^the king of scening himself has decreed it be "useful" so it shall be.

so can we make this happen?
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:35 pm

14mRh4X0r wrote:It'd be easier to just hack your own stuff into the flash version. I guess. Or not. IDK.
I need software for that. :facepalm:
Ph0enix
Ph0enix

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Ph0enix wrote:
14mRh4X0r wrote:It'd be easier to just hack your own stuff into the flash version. I guess. Or not. IDK.
I need software for that. :facepalm:

Then google for it and stop asking for the work to be done for you.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:52 pm

KillinTime2792 wrote:well ok, what if i'm shading using dots placed further and further appart, i can't just click with the pencil tool it doesn't register anything. instead i get stuck clicking and dragging slightly. this causes consistency issues (different line lengths and different line directions (XY snap doesn't work for pencil)). it doesn't look as neat as just a little dot even if executed correctly and it's about 5 times as much work just for a simple shade effect. track lines can probably go without dot but scenery should have it

I onced changed the line minimum to -1, and every time I clicked it placed a dot.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down