Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.)

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.)

Post by efrazable on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm

^You neber eber use red anyways. :|

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:11 pm

efrazable wrote:^You neber eber use red anyways. :|

Many others do.

And I do use it. I just never released a track. It's still useful.

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:12 pm

HG42 wrote:

Many others do.

Who are the many others?
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Conundrumer wrote:
HG42 wrote:

Many others do.

Who are the many others?

:|

I'm going to bed.

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:15 pm

So now there is no reason to keep them.

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:03 am

This version is going to suck >.<

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:10 am

I can't see a reason to use one-sided red lines for anything else than quirk.

Kohuda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 am

rabid squirrel wrote:This version is going to suck >.<

I like how you go from oh this version will be good to this version is going to suck.

Edit: Oh also mhenr, just put them back in, there are people that like to ride through red lines in their tracks which is almost everybody because as you can probably see in AC's upcoming manual track he most likely has red lines, and he most likely goes through them, it would ruin tracks in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:55 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:
I like how you go from oh this version will be good to this version is going to suck.
I thought it would just be 6.7 with some little fixes and tweaks, programmed in C++ and OpenGL. But it's trying to be UnBound only better. Not excited.

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vermillion on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Yeah, I always felt that a Unbound was too complicated to be line rider.
Vermillion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:54 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:
I thought it would just be 6.7 with some little fixes and tweaks, programmed in C++ and OpenGL. But it's trying to be UnBound only better. Not excited.

ITT: People on high horses.
I'm sorry you seem to believe that your views are shared by everybody else in this community, the world doesn't revolve around RabidSquirrel.

Instead of getting into a tantrum and slagging mhenrs hard work off why dont you give constructive feedback, ask questions and try to convince him towards your way of thinking. Complaining and stating that this version will be [censored] without even playing it is just plain idiotic. Mhenr is making this whole thing himself after spending years learning the code and such, i would love to see you do something of this scale, maybe then your opinion will hold more weight.

I thought you were more mature than this rabid, grow up.
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 am

Blesshiscottonsocks wrote:why dont you give constructive feedback, ask questions and try to convince him towards your way of thinking. Complaining and stating that this version will be [censored] without even playing it is just plain idiotic. Mhenr is making this whole thing himself after spending years learning the code and such, i would love to see you do something of this scale, maybe then your opinion will hold more weight.

All I want is 6.8. 6.7 plus these things:
  • Tab Key: In 6.2, tab zooms out to show the whole track in the screen. When pressed again, it zoomed back in to the previous zoom level, at wherever the mouse was. This feature was missing in 6.7.
  • Slow Blinking: Make Bosh blink slower in slow motion, so when he is recorded in slow motion and then sped up he isn't blinking super fast.
  • Fix broken sled: If you go off sled, mark a flag, the sled breaks, and then you press play, the sled doesn't fix itself and is still broken. Fix this.
  • Disable hotkeys when viewing the help page (except for H of course, so you can get back). This will prevent people from getting stuck on the help page and having to close Line Rider, losing work.
  • Ability to draw inside the start button
  • Sometimes tools besides the pencil tool act like the pencil tool. Causes unclear.
  • Fix the speedometer: It's accurate if you are traveling to the lower right or upper left, but if you travel to the lower left or upper right, no matter your speed, it's nearly zero.
  • Frame Counter: The timer, when clicked, would change into a frame counter, which would start at 0 and add 1 every frame, and would change back if you clicked it again. This would be very helpful for speed contests and challenges. A third mode would be great too, that would show seconds:frames/40. (e.g. 12:37 = 12 seconds, 37 frames) Clicking on it could cycle through these three.
  • Recording Mode: When a certain key is pressed (you pick) the game would shift into "recording mode" and run at 2 fps until the key is pressed again.
  • Auto Slow Motion: When you are in play mode and in slow motion and press Y, have Bosh start in slow motion.
  • More Deletion Safety: Have the game ask you "Are you sure?" when you either delete a save, or load a save when the current opened track has unsaved changes.
  • XY snap Mid-Draw: If you start drawing a line, then press X, have the line snap to XY.
  • Sticky Color Eraser: Once you've shift+clicked into color eraser, stay in color eraser whenever you select the eraser tool until you shift+click on it again.
  • Update the help page so it actually covers everything.
  • Autosaving: Recover progress if the game freezes or you accidentally close it or whatever.
  • Scenery Wiping: Shift+click on green swatch in color eraser, after a prompt all scenery is erased.
  • Flag Lock: Shift+click on a flag locks it, so it can't be pressed normally (a visual cue would be nice, like an X over it), Shift+click again to unlock it, then it works normally again.
  • Make Scroll Zoom and Play Mode Zoom go in all the way as if you were using the actual zoom tool
  • When you delete a track and start a new one, when you click to save make the box blank, so you don't accidentally save over the last save.
  • Save the flag when you save the track
Is that so hard?

Why does everyone just want to add cool new features?

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Blesshiscottonsocks wrote:why dont you give constructive feedback, ask questions and try to convince him towards your way of thinking. Complaining and stating that this version will be [censored] without even playing it is just plain idiotic. Mhenr is making this whole thing himself after spending years learning the code and such, i would love to see you do something of this scale, maybe then your opinion will hold more weight.

• Tab Key: In 6.2, tab zooms out to show the whole track in the screen. When pressed again, it zoomed back in to the previous zoom level, at wherever the mouse was. This feature was missing in 6.7.
  • Slow Blinking: Make Bosh blink slower in slow motion, so when he is recorded in slow motion and then sped up he isn't blinking super fast.
  • Fix broken sled: If you go off sled, mark a flag, the sled breaks, and then you press play, the sled doesn't fix itself and is still broken. Fix this.
  • Disable hotkeys when viewing the help page (except for H of course, so you can get back). This will prevent people from getting stuck on the help page and having to close Line Rider, losing work.
  • Sometimes tools besides the pencil tool act like the pencil tool. Causes unclear.
  • Fix the speedometer: It's accurate if you are traveling to the lower right or upper left, but if you travel to the lower left or upper right, no matter your speed, it's nearly zero.
  • Frame Counter: The timer, when clicked, would change into a frame counter, which would start at 0 and add 1 every frame, and would change back if you clicked it again. This would be very helpful for speed contests and challenges. A third mode would be great too, that would show seconds:frames/40. (e.g. 12:37 = 12 seconds, 37 frames) Clicking on it could cycle through these three.
  • Recording Mode: When a certain key is pressed (you pick) the game would shift into "recording mode" and run at 2 fps until the key is pressed again.
  • Auto Slow Motion: When you are in play mode and in slow motion and press Y, have Bosh start in slow motion.
  • More Deletion Safety: Have the game ask you "Are you sure?" when you either delete a save, or load a save when the current opened track has unsaved changes.
  • XY snap Mid-Draw: If you start drawing a line, then press X, have the line snap to XY.
  • Sticky Color Eraser: Once you've shift+clicked into color eraser, stay in color eraser whenever you select the eraser tool until you shift+click on it again.
  • Autosaving: Recover progress if the game freezes or you accidentally close it or whatever.
  • Scenery Wiping: Shift+click on green swatch in color eraser, after a prompt all scenery is erased.
  • Flag Lock: Shift+click on a flag locks it, so it can't be pressed normally (a visual cue would be nice, like an X over it), Shift+click again to unlock it, then it works normally again.
  • Make Scroll Zoom and Play Mode Zoom go in all the way as if you were using the actual zoom tool
  • When you delete a track and start a new one, when you click to save make the box blank, so you don't accidentally save over the last save.
Is that so hard?

Because years without having anything new makes the game become old over time. Mhenr is trying to revive Line Rider not just add features "you" want Rabid. We don't all conform around your opinions on everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:30 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:

Is that so hard?

The "Old" game is what makes linerider so fun, and is what got us where we are now. Which is finding new tricks, styles of track, and new ways to ride the lines. The game has been kept relatively at it's roots, and I believe (just putting my opinion out there) is what we should stick with, not changing the game that has got us where we are now.

Intro
"Aids, they killed my slaves. I need to go buy new ones". - ACwazHere
RyderLR

WHAT RHYMES WITH SHMINTRO?

View user profile http://youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:34 pm

ryderofthelines wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

Is that so hard?

The "Old" game is what makes linerider so fun, and is what got us where we are now. Which is finding new tricks, styles of track, and new ways to ride the lines. The game has been kept relatively at it's roots, and I believe (just putting my opinion out there) is what we should stick with, not changing the game that has got us where we are now.

So basically a community on life support? I'm pretty sure people would love to see new tricks in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm COMPLETELY with rabid on this one. All those new features make me sick. Personally I want improvement, and not a new thing. In so many good games the sequel sucks because the developers add all kinds new things that should "improve" the gameplay. New features ≠ improvement.
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:58 pm

hey guys, maybe it'd be more appropriate to make a separate thread for this debate on adding new features
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I like new features D:

Love the idea of line measurement, and double sided lines for some experimental tricks and such. 8D

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm with Rabid and Raf on this. lol double-sided lines and the like just sound stupid all together. You're over-complicating the improvements. Love ideas like less lag, all that stuff, but stuff like double sided lines is just stupid. I'd rather just keep playing 6.6/6.7 lawl
Votale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:33 pm

I think that if you add new features, make a version with those features removed so people don't complain.

Otherwise, I'm with tha crowd.

I think new features aren't warranted because it makes the game a whole lot less fun. It'd be great to play around with, but if I'm going to play the heck out of the C version, I'd play it with polished and improved/updated features as opposed to new.

I agree that there are some things that are tedious and unneeded and annoying to work with, but again, see the last paragraph.

I welcome the new features as long as I receive a version with old features. :P

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:54 am

Hey guys, you know how tracks wouldn't work properly on different machines and different flash player versions because adobe's math functions didn't give identical outputs?

I wrote my own fixed point ones for all the math functions LR needs. Bye bye incompatibilities in LR:U tracks, my math functions give identical results on all machines and I'm never changing them.

Because they're fixed point there's also no crazy floating point errors as bosh gets further away from the origin - instead there's now a hard limit on how far away you can get from the origin, which is about 8.3 million pixels at standard zoom (you won't ever hit it in practice). For those of you who do somehow reach that limit, I'm going to just have it wrap around so that you end up on the opposite side of the canvas and keep going.

edit: as a side, it's impossible to implement this in AS2 because AS2 doesn't support an integer datatype. thats why I never did it before

second edit: let me address rabid's post.

rabid squirrel wrote:All I want is 6.8. 6.7 plus these things:
  • Tab Key: In 6.2, tab zooms out to show the whole track in the screen. When pressed again, it zoomed back in to the previous zoom level, at wherever the mouse was. This feature was missing in 6.7. Easy, and I can go one step further and export massive bitmaps of your track (think 20k x 20k jpeg files with full quality)
  • Slow Blinking: Make Bosh blink slower in slow motion, so when he is recorded in slow motion and then sped up he isn't blinking super fast. Yeah, I know.
  • Fix broken sled: If you go off sled, mark a flag, the sled breaks, and then you press play, the sled doesn't fix itself and is still broken. Fix this. the frame caching solves this.
  • Disable hotkeys when viewing the help page (except for H of course, so you can get back). This will prevent people from getting stuck on the help page and having to close Line Rider, losing work. There is no help page
  • Ability to draw inside the start button Yeah, this is happening.
  • Sometimes tools besides the pencil tool act like the pencil tool. Causes unclear. I doubt this bug will pop up - the way I'm coding the tools doesn't let this happen
  • Fix the speedometer: It's accurate if you are traveling to the lower right or upper left, but if you travel to the lower left or upper right, no matter your speed, it's nearly zero. Yeah, I know about this one, this is kinda obvious :P
  • Frame Counter: The timer, when clicked, would change into a frame counter, which would start at 0 and add 1 every frame, and would change back if you clicked it again. This would be very helpful for speed contests and challenges. A third mode would be great too, that would show seconds:frames/40. (e.g. 12:37 = 12 seconds, 37 frames) Clicking on it could cycle through these three. I'll show a raw frame counter as well as an mm:ss;ff timer that every video editor uses as standard.
  • Recording Mode: When a certain key is pressed (you pick) the game would shift into "recording mode" and run at 2 fps until the key is pressed again. I'm using ffmpeg to encode video - there's a recording mode built into LR that can export at standard framerates (24,25,30,50,60) and be as smooth as possible. You won't get any better than this with a screen recorder.
  • Auto Slow Motion: When you are in play mode and in slow motion and press Y, have Bosh start in slow motion. slow motion is preserved between playback "sessions" -if you stop and you were in slow motion, you'll resume at slow motion. restart in slow motion and you stay in slow motion.
  • More Deletion Safety: Have the game ask you "Are you sure?" when you either delete a save, or load a save when the current opened track has unsaved changes. This is happening.
  • XY snap Mid-Draw: If you start drawing a line, then press X, have the line snap to XY. This is pretty much the only thing I'm not doing. It's stupid easy to do, but I'm not using X for xy snap anymore, xy snap is just the secondary mode of the line tool and I don't want people to change modes while using the tool.
  • Sticky Color Eraser: Once you've shift+clicked into color eraser, stay in color eraser whenever you select the eraser tool until you shift+click on it again. The point I posted about the eraser adresses this (and more)
  • Update the help page so it actually covers everything. There's no help page, I'm going to write a PDF manual later
  • Autosaving: Recover progress if the game freezes or you accidentally close it or whatever. I didn't mention this in the snippet of the spec I posted, but this is happening. Every single action causes a save to an "opened track" file. LR:U reads this file when it reopens, so your work at close is always preserved.
  • Scenery Wiping: Shift+click on green swatch in color eraser, after a prompt all scenery is erased. Uncheck the track line types while in the eraser and use the secondary mode to select the whole track.
  • Flag Lock: Shift+click on a flag locks it, so it can't be pressed normally (a visual cue would be nice, like an X over it), Shift+click again to unlock it, then it works normally again. Timeline flags can only be changed during playback, so you can't remove them by accident. However, flags that don't reflect how the track will actually play (ie if you flagged at frame 256 and a change you make to the track means bosh would be at a different position in frame 256 if you played from the start) get automatically removed.
  • Make Scroll Zoom and Play Mode Zoom go in all the way as if you were using the actual zoom tool The zoom caps are shared now so they all go as far in and out as each other
  • When you delete a track and start a new one, when you click to save make the box blank, so you don't accidentally save over the last save. You use a standard OS panel for saving and loading now - you shouldn't run into problems like that anymore.
  • Save the flag when you save the track easy.
Is that so hard? No because I'm doing all bar one of your requests.

Why does everyone just want to add cool new features? Because we've been stuck with the same old ones for 4 years and they're getting stale.

mhenr18

View user profile http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 pm

HG42 wrote:I think that if you add new features, make a version with those features removed so people don't complain.

Otherwise, I'm with tha crowd.

I think new features aren't warranted because it makes the game a whole lot less fun. It'd be great to play around with, but if I'm going to play the heck out of the C version, I'd play it with polished and improved/updated features as opposed to new.

I agree that there are some things that are tedious and unneeded and annoying to work with, but again, see the last paragraph.

I welcome the new features as long as I receive a version with old features. :P

don't read this

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:00 pm

2cents: The difference between this version and LR:U is that LR:U was created by random game developers and this is being created by one of us hardcore line rider players, ie he knows what we need (to revive Line Rider), as opposed to what we want.
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top