We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.)

+48
Summoning
Sssschiller
Commandercoke
StingReay
shammies
Wolf_Spirit
gaoyubao
OTDE
theacp127
roflmaoqwerty
Ph0enix
crash2burn
Fauxfyre
LineMagiX
Stallie
GhostY
Binglinerider
WishLine
Chuggers
Yobanjojoe
NachoGrande96
KillinTime2792
CamQuartr
automatizer
Hedgehogs4Me
Rafael
RyderLR
Vermillion
Kohuda
TeamBlast
I_Vermillion
Votale
Blesshiscottonsocks
14mRh4X0r
darklight
Conundrumer
[senpai] kevans
Opal Rider
efrazable
Cereal
Sheldon
Wizzy
rabid squirrel
Helios Pavonine
TheRevTastic
hypothet
Derpinator
mhenr18
52 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.) - Page 16 Empty Re: Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.)

Post by Chuggers Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:07 pm

I think the blur looks pretty nice, but I wouldn't go using it on dense scenery
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.) - Page 16 Empty Re: Unleashed progress thread. (Previously Line Rider C progress thread.)

Post by hypothet Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Conundrumer wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:No blur. Why would you ever blur scenery you've put effort in? I don't think Unleashed should only focus on performance.
With scenery tracks nowadays, it's not like we have more than a few milliseconds to actually appreciate the scenery since line rider moves way too fast.
All the more reason not to use it for those types of tracks.

I prefer no blur, but that's because I can't appreciate the track itself as much. For those who want to use it, I'm fine.

120fps GMV Hehe
Although you probably wouldn't, it'd be pretty funny to have in there
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:37 pm

I was going to make a jab at how scenery tracks don't matter nowadays, but if Unleashed is going to bring in new players a few of them are bound to be new scenery guys. Also...
Conundrumer wrote:With scenery tracks nowadays, it's not like we have more than a few milliseconds to actually appreciate the scenery since line rider moves way too fast.
Speed has nothing to do with it. Can you imagine how cruddy Transcendental would look with motion blur?

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamBlast Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:43 pm

I managed to play it on OS X Snow Leopard today. It was quite fun, although I hated the mouse I was using.

Performance was about 30fps.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention - I don't really like how panning uses the scroll wheel, and doesn't have at least an optional tool. I feel the zoom should use the scroll wheel if anything. Not trying to sound like an asshole, but the current setup for zooms and panning should be arranged.
TeamBlast
TeamBlast

<CENSORED>

http://dansaunders.me/

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:32 pm

If you're on snow leopard the setting for panning is in the menus. Otherwise it's just dependent on whether you're using a mouse or trackpad. Mice zoom, trackpads pan (as they have a pinch gesture that can be used to zoom).

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Shotoku wrote:I was going to make a jab at how scenery tracks don't matter nowadays, but if Unleashed is going to bring in new players a few of them are bound to be new scenery guys. Also...
Conundrumer wrote:With scenery tracks nowadays, it's not like we have more than a few milliseconds to actually appreciate the scenery since line rider moves way too fast.
Speed has nothing to do with it. Can you imagine how cruddy Transcendental would look with motion blur?
Er, I meant the camera moving too fast. Transcendental doesn't move that fast. In any case, motion blur is still just an option. The scenery maker should use their own judgment on whether or not to use it.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 pm

^So the best solution would be to make it a toggle motion blur setting?
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:11 pm

efrazable wrote:^So the best solution would be to make it a toggle motion blur setting?
mhenr18 wrote:If you want to disable the motion blur, just lower the blur quality as low as possible.
I don't understand why people are arguing over it since mhenr already made motion blur adjustable. If the scenery maker can make good (or more specifically, tasteful) scenery, he will also judiciously choose whether or not to use motion blur (ie the scenery maker will know not to use motion blur on dense scenery).
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 pm

I got the new version, but now the export option is gone. Did you take it out temporally?
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Yeah, while I work on supporting SL with exporting. It'll be back in a day or two.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:27 am

i should have put like 100% crazy blur on IS xD
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:33 am

I've put a new build up that has a rewritten export engine. This works for 10.6+, with Snow Leopard using the old (and slower) QTKit media engine, and Lion/Mountain Lion using AVFoundation which is a LOT faster. All of the bugs with choppiness and frames being corrupted should be cleaned up now Smile

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 am

Exports look a lot better. Good job.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:26 pm

This is tempting me to buy a Macintosh.

But I won't. That stuff's friggin' expensive.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:29 pm

HG42 wrote:This is tempting me to buy a Macintosh.

But I won't. That stuff's friggin' expensive.
The gui and dependable build are awesome, but if I had know the hardware was so sup-par with all the other computers, I may not have gotten mine.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Oamaok Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:15 am

Stuff seems really interesting, now waiting for win build. Might actually do something with it, now that it's something else than flash.
Oamaok
Oamaok

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:05 am

Haha, sub-par. I'm packing a 3.4GHz i7, a Radeon 6970 w/ 1GB VRAM and 16GB of DDR3 RAM. <3 my Mac.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:59 pm

mhenr18 wrote:Haha, sub-par. I'm packing a 3.4GHz i7, a Radeon 6970 w/ 1GB VRAM and 16GB of DDR3 RAM. <3 my Mac.
and you're getting 30fps? :/
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Im gonna stop this fight before it starts

no fighting
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:34 pm

mhenr18 wrote:Haha, sub-par. I'm packing a 3.4GHz i7, a Radeon 6970 w/ 1GB VRAM and 16GB of DDR3 RAM. <3 my Mac.
Wanna buy me one of those too? Inverted Onoz
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Lol, Radeon. GTX 680 BABY.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:30 pm

efrazable wrote:
and you're getting 30fps? :/

No when I uncap it from 40 I get about 500fps lol

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Can you uncap it in the final build? Inverted Onoz
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Why would I? There's no point to it, especially when your display will only push out 60Hz at best. In other news, I'm doing a bit of Windows stuff atm.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

120 hz monitors exist. :P

But I do get your point. It's not really that important compared to everything else.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next