We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

single contact point groll tutorial

2 posters

Go down

single contact point groll tutorial Empty single contact point groll tutorial

Post by SethComposerGuy Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:31 am

here is my first tutorial which shows how I make those grolls.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

single contact point groll tutorial Empty Re: single contact point groll tutorial

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:03 am

You can turn the thing way more than that, which will make it faster and not slow him nearly as much.
Also, it's a LOT easier when you're going at least 1 sled length per frame.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

single contact point groll tutorial Empty Re: single contact point groll tutorial

Post by SethComposerGuy Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:44 pm

ya, Thanks for the tip, and I agree it's a lot easier when he's going faster. In reality in this video, Bosh is only affected during the first 180 degree turn, and he slows down to the normal rate of spinning right after that. Of course, when I do figure out how to Cary bosh through the whole 360 degrees, I will still do this trick just because the slower spinning looks really cool, and is still doable at the slower speeds.

edit: who knows, maybe in a couple months I could make a sequel to this on the full 360 single contact point groll :P
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:57 pm

Yeah, the rest of it isn't actually doing anything. I didn't even look past the part that worked because I assumed the tut ended there xD
There is a way to do a real 360ยบ scpgroll; it's a lot more complex than that.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm not too surprised that it is more complicated, and I'm kind of studying your track, Lilac wine, and I think I have a good idea of what you did now. 8D (nothing like experimenting with new stuff to get the inspiration back)
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down