Sanctuary ~Chug

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Rave on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Amazing. fun to whatch (.)

_________________

                        Allow it man Panic 2014 update 2014-05-30 // 20:09:48
avatar
Rave
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Rafael on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:56 pm

rabid squirrel wrote: What about the start (long sustained flanual thing), 0:31 (cool stop), the slowdown around 0:39, stop at 0:45, sustained fling at 0:59?

It could have used more variation in trick length, but I don't think you can say it didn't have "something else to make the watcher relax"If you're going to harshly criticize a track, make sure you know what you're talking about.
As said, it felt repetitive to me. Besides, there's nothing to relax to at the start, it was just to speed up. 0:31 was indeed pretty nice but it was right at the start and it's the only instance of a stop. I didn't notice the slowdown at 0:39 because the tempo didn't change at all so it felt the same. The stop at 0:45 was pretty cool but it was really planned and was just one cool moment. Didn't really change my image of the track in general. And you call the fling at 0:59 long? It was barely a second..
Isn't it all about the first time you see a track? If the thing doesn't appeal to me the first time I'm not going to bother watching it all again.
Also, I realized I should've said something about the moments I did like in the first place. Oh well.
avatar
Rafael
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Opal Rider on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Cereal wrote:I'd say that you should be in the LCC, but of course everyone disagrees with that. :P

*Ahem* That is not really true. In fact, that is what everyone is commenting about.

The track was amazing, and made me feel that I have so much more to learn. It's like that part in every karate movie where the sensei beats up somebody in front of the protagonist, and the kid's just staring and watching. So yea, good track, hope you get LCC with this.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/user/OpalRiderLR
You literally just did lines!

avatar
Opal Rider
Moderator

Aestetikally appealing


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Stallie on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Dude that is amazing, I love the variety of flings that you made, and your manuals are smooth. 8D
avatar
Stallie
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Commandercoke on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Very nice. I wish it was zoomed in more though. =/ I couldn't see much besides the direction and and rotation bosh took. Therefore I couldn't feel the power in the track. Awesome stops though, and I enjoyed the compactness of it. Impressed me greatly. Smile
tl;dr @ this thread though. xD

_________________
avatar
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Inukaza on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Votale wrote:
Also, the reason why Sum and OTDE are LCC and Chuggers isn't: Sum and OTDE and 10x more creative and stylish. I hate how people OVER-FREAKIN-USE the word flow. Sure they have it, their rotation and movement is flowy, but shut up about "flowkillers" and "flow" is all that a track has. OTDE and Sum posses unique styles and creativity with non-repetitive tricks and the like. Yes, Sum does quirk, but he does it like no other. There's nobody that can duplicate his unique style and the way he uses quirk. His use of quirk is of my favorites. Sure you could say "Well everyone uses quirk in a unique way duh 8D" but Sum and OTDE use it in a better way then most players, and it's evident through their tracks. Just look at Sum's collabs with Leomur.

No. Sorry. I will point out that you contradicted yourself. The way they USE their style is skill.


jbshdgjbfe


I can't put my thoughts into words correctly right now, however, I DISAGREE. I'll be 100% honest, while I love OTDE's and Sum's tracks. I was REALLY surprised to see both of them promoted to LCC. IMO, that means standards have been lowered. It's really no different now compared to LCC in 2008, aside from smaller membership to reflect our lack of members.

Tl;DR. If Chug is not LCC because of this, I request someone explain what standards LCC is using now.

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Chuggers on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Did you guys know that I wasn't really aiming for LCC with this track, mainly because I was about 99% sure that I wasn't ready Stern but Fair
avatar
Chuggers
Member

tracktivist

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Inukaza on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Sam Storm wrote:Did you guys know that I wasn't really aiming for LCC with this track, mainly because I was about 99% sure that I wasn't ready Stern but Fair

Don't be modest.

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:It's really no different now compared to LCC in 2008, aside from smaller membership to reflect our lack of members.
Hell no. That was a mess. about 80% of the site was LCC, many of which had barely released a track. All you had to do was PM chih and say "hey can I be LCC"

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by linerage on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 pm

If you look at the track as a whole, it's like super awesome. If you specifically look at the tricks and classify them and go out your way to make yourself not like this track, it's like less awesome.

My opiniontheory anyways

_________________


avatar
linerage
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Chuggers on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:Don't be modest.

But it's true. That's what I meant by "finding myself" in the intro :|
avatar
Chuggers
Member

tracktivist

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Inukaza on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:33 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Rainbow Dash wrote:It's really no different now compared to LCC in 2008, aside from smaller membership to reflect our lack of members.
Hell no. That was a mess. about 80% of the site was LCC, many of which had barely released a track. All you had to do was PM chih and say "hey can I be LCC"


In a somewhat twisted perspective of mine, that's almost exactly it is right now as well. Let's meet exaggerations, which we both obviously did with our reasoning. It's somewhat the same. It's no longer a competitive group, rather a social club. With the last round of promotions, LCC's value in my eyes is not comparable to 2008 in regards to diversity of skill. Isn't that what you wanted to be rid of in 2010 when you remade it? Seems like it's back to the good o'l days. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, because I LOVED old LCC, misfitted and all. I'm somewhat pissed at others saying this track is not LCC material when Summoning and OTDE were promoted. That's all.


Because you know...... It's MY opinion.

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by ACwazHere on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:21 am

I am capable of doing 0 of the things in this track! Very Happy


This discussion is like reading Chinese for me (not really, I didn't even read them lawl), but I thought it was a very nice track. Smile Keep pooping them out.

_________________

Steve Lives
avatar
ACwazHere
Member

fuck around and get dunked on


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Votale on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:24 am

@ Rabid: Not to disrespect your opinion, but I don't consider 3 stops "speed variation" if the other 90% of the track is the same constant speed. We obviously have different definitions of speed variation. And having about 20 alt flings does make it repetitive though. While he may have been "creative" in adding an alt fling on top of his manuals, but it's been done before, therefore I don't find it very creative (Oh wait it's called an alt manual). Simply combining flings/tricks isn't creative to me. A new concept or idea/trick is creative to me.

@ Inu: Yes I am saying they have skill in using their styles more uniquely. And I find that skill MUCH more valuable then any other skill in all of Line Rider. Are you crying because you don't think tricks should be called "Not LCC material?" If you love their tracks, how is the standard lowered by letting them into the LCC? The whole point of the LCC IMO is to make tracks that people love, therefore Sum and OTDE can serve a significant purpose in the LCC. You can come out here and make LR tracks with as many flings and crazy tricks as possible, but if it isn't enjoyable to watch at all, you're not LCC material. And that's not condescending to those who aren't the LCC, just if you make boring tracks with difficult tricks, why make them LCC? I'd rather have enjoyable LCC tracks from the people who make them best then some crazy trick-based tracks. Are you pissy about them being in the LCC because they can't do these tricks? Because there's no other reason they should not be LCC.
avatar
Votale
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by KillinTime2792 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:49 am

lol at people fighting over the internet. these are just peoples OPINIONS! they may differ from yours, that is fine. you may disagree, that is also fine. but don't just try and say "your opinion is wrong, here's why" that's just being douchy.

this is MY opinion.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by bbshabob1 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 pm

grr i hate when i mess up qoutes rabid look at the track agin and this time look for the slow manual


Last edited by bbshabob1 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
bbshabob1
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Votale on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:09 pm

@ KT So you're saying debate is a bad thing because it's over the internet? Clashing of opinion can be a good thing, in that people see something from a different side when that different side is presented. That's MY opinion. Nothing wrong with 2 different opinions being conversed in a thread. It's not like we're pissed at each other or something.
avatar
Votale
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Chuggers on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Votale wrote:@ Inu: Yes I am saying they have skill in using their styles more uniquely. And I find that skill MUCH more valuable then any other skill in all of Line Rider. Are you crying because you don't think tricks should be called "Not LCC material?" If you love their tracks, how is the standard lowered by letting them into the LCC? The whole point of the LCC IMO is to make tracks that people love, therefore Sum and OTDE can serve a significant purpose in the LCC. You can come out here and make LR tracks with as many flings and crazy tricks as possible, but if it isn't enjoyable to watch at all, you're not LCC material. And that's not condescending to those who aren't the LCC, just if you make boring tracks with difficult tricks, why make them LCC? I'd rather have enjoyable LCC tracks from the people who make them best then some crazy trick-based tracks. Are you pissy about them being in the LCC because they can't do these tricks? Because there's no other reason they should not be LCC.
You said LCC 10 times

/discussion
avatar
Chuggers
Member

tracktivist

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Votale on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Yeah I know xD I just found it kinda ridiculous he sad Sum and OTDE shouldn't be LCC. Honestly, to Sam, I think you're very close to LCC :P
avatar
Votale
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Cereal on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:28 pm

ACwazHere wrote:I am capable of doing 0 of the things in this track! Very Happy


This discussion is like reading Chinese for me (not really, I didn't even read them lawl), but I thought it was a very nice track. Smile Keep pooping them out.

You can do manuals...

amirite, hater?

_________________
Times They Are A-Changin'  

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

avatar
Cereal
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by StingDaFling on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 pm

KillinTime2792 wrote:lol at people fighting over the internet. these are just peoples OPINIONS! they may differ from yours, that is fine. you may disagree, that is also fine. but don't just try and say "your opinion is wrong, here's why" that's just being douchy.

this is MY opinion.

This

All I have to say about this track is that I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it, not exaggerating at all.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Chuggers on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:02 pm

StingDaFling wrote:
KillinTime2792 wrote:lol at people fighting over the internet. these are just peoples OPINIONS! they may differ from yours, that is fine. you may disagree, that is also fine. but don't just try and say "your opinion is wrong, here's why" that's just being douchy.

this is MY opinion.

This

All I have to say about this track is that I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it, not exaggerating at all.

Holy farts long time no see
avatar
Chuggers
Member

tracktivist

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Inukaza on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Votale wrote:

@ Inu: Yes I am saying they have skill in using their styles more uniquely. And I find that skill MUCH more valuable then any other skill in all of Line Rider. Are you crying because you don't think tricks should be called "Not LCC material?" If you love their tracks, how is the standard lowered by letting them into the LCC? The whole point of the LCC IMO is to make tracks that people love, therefore Sum and OTDE can serve a significant purpose in the LCC. You can come out here and make LR tracks with as many flings and crazy tricks as possible, but if it isn't enjoyable to watch at all, you're not LCC material. And that's not condescending to those who aren't the LCC, just if you make boring tracks with difficult tricks, why make them LCC? I'd rather have enjoyable LCC tracks from the people who make them best then some crazy trick-based tracks. Are you pissy about them being in the LCC because they can't do these tricks? Because there's no other reason they should not be LCC.


You know what, F*** it. I don't need you taking a personal jab at me for voicing my opinion. It's not worth fighting. I'll be the more mature one in this issue.

Also, I in NO WAY said OTDE and SUM shouldn't be LCC. I did claim that if they are in, Chuggers should be. Regardless, I don't want to deal with you if you're just going to act that way.

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Votale on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:33 pm

/pm'd because I don't want to spam up this thread. But you're so wrong xD

EDIT: Way to edit your post lol. I like how you can jab my opinion yet I can't jab yours? I also said the purpose of the LCC was to make enjoyabled tracks IMOIMOIMO. Idk how you missed the IMO. And u mad bro? I can't help it if you're whining about how Sam should be LCC if Sum and OTDE are constantly in this thread. I think they're both deserving, not: "The standards must have been lowered"(As you said). That condescending to two great LCC riders.


Last edited by Votale on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Votale
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by efrazable on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Well, just like to say to Sam, thanks for creating such a controversial track (no sarcasm, no, seriously), not to mention sparking such a certain discussion that has been needed. I love your compact style, and I have no idea how you did that second flanual-flatsled thingy that raised him off the sled. Also, nice song. Liked it (over youtube)!

_________________
LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum